Belpre football

Fletchlives
JV Team

Re: Belpre football

Post by Fletchlives »

BJ

Agree. However, will be the hard to find a current head coach or someone with “ a successful track record” as U stated, that would step in to the current mess. Especially with the lack of good leadership from the board and administration.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Fletchlives...

Maybe so, but they must try their hardest to fix this situation.

I really thought that bringing in Mike DeVol a few years ago was a good move and he would provide the leadership necessary to mentor his replacement. I am not exactly sure what happened to this plan but things didn't pan out.

Another lose tonight. Another shutout with a running clock.

We have had seasons before this one in which we didn't win a game but never have we had a season that we were shutout in 7 of our 9 games and this was the most points we have ever given up in a season. This is unacceptable. I DO NOT blame the players, this was terrible coaching. The HC should do the honorable thing and submit his resignation once the team banquet is over.

Time to move the program forward with new leadership.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Get a belpre graduate who has coaching experience and knowledge. Need someone with belpre pride and knows how to create a culture of winning the right way.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Did Bell get fired? Heard a rumor he was going to be let go once the season was over. Hope it’s true, for the sake of Belpre and their kids.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Let’s hope for the kids sake.
Last edited by chrishilton91 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Any word on Bell's future?

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Fletchlives wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:50 am Any word on Bell's future?
I haven't heard and I would be surprised if there was any official announcement.

The AD is supposed to give a written evaluation no more than 30 days following the end of the season. Since the season just ended I doubt that it has been done. I believe the next board meeting is this Thursday at 5 pm so I don't expect any board action on their part this soon. If he would submit a resignation prior to the meeting then they may or may not take action on that issue.

The sooner action is taken, the sooner word can get out and the program can move forward. The only asst coach that I would retain is the 7/8th grade teacher they hired this year. Having him in the classroom helped to get enough kids out to have a junior high team this season for the first time in 3 years. Plus, I would encourage him to take a supplemental position and run the weight room to start off season conditioning which we haven't had the last 2 off seasons.

Just my honest opinion.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Know a few people who know the new AD at Belpre...apparently he is not happy with the state of the football program and is planning on making a change. Hopefully he is allowed to do that.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Boss,

The key is "if he is allowed."

gobucks21
Waterboy

Post by gobucks21 »

I am very familiar with belpre football. I know current players on the team, as well as coaches. I do believe that change is necessary going forward for the future of Belpre football. I think the only correct solution is to hire within the community or someone who is familiar with the school and football program. A few names I'll put out there are:
Brian Hutchinson (currently on the softball staff & coached under DeVol/Adams)
Lance Binegar (was the interim for DeVol & is a perfect coach for a rebuild/small team ie PB Catholic--loved by former players)
Mike Waderker (Belpre alum and played in the mid-2000s, has connections to current belpre athletics)
Jeff Carmichael (assistant for DeVol, has connections to current belpre athletics--loved by former football players)
Brian Adams (former assistant under Greg Adams, also coached at Williamstown)
Last edited by gobucks21 on Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Buckeye,

Some are good choices and some may not be interested or have time to be head coach. And one has never coached. And one has been at several schools for only one or two year stints for a reason.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Fletchlives wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:34 pm Buckeye,

Some are good choices and some may not be interested or have time to be head coach. And one has never coached. And one has been at several schools for only one or two year stints for a reason.
Any word on the status of the current “coach”?

And I agree fletch, #2 on ur list has been at a quite a few schools for a very short periods of time.

And hutch just got hired as news softball coach does see him doing both in first head coaching stint.

Does wadeker even live around here? And don’t think he’s ever coached. Jeff is a postal worker and don’t see him having the time and plus he follows his daughter on travel softball. Not sure what adams is doing or where.

PurpleMachine18
Waterboy

Post by PurpleMachine18 »

Get Recent college graduate Bailey Sprague the position. Most team spirited individual when it comes to Belpre football. I mean the guy knows the game and loves Belpre. Breathe some life back into the program and have it ran by one of the greatest Golden Eagles to ever touch the field!!!

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Bring Jon Bolen out of retirement 😬

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

What about that usead car salesman you guys hired a few years back. He had the program headed the right way at least. Plus kids got great deals on cars when they turned 16.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Saw the levy failed even worse than last time. Guess their grand plan to have “coach” bell help didn’t work out

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to the Belpre XC team for being league and district champions and then qualified for state and finished 9th at the state meet. Well-coached and great athletes.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Says everything that the best thing someone can say on the FOOTBALL THREAD is to congratulate the XC team

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:35 am Says everything that the best thing someone can say on the FOOTBALL THREAD is to congratulate the XC team
lol yes it does

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:35 am Says everything that the best thing someone can say on the FOOTBALL THREAD is to congratulate the XC team
Belpre has kids that do things very well and they are out there. The football situation is tough and must be built back up….that’s not easy. That said Belpre has had elite XC runners for a long time. They may have the state champion next year. Football team can be successful too, along with soccer but there are a ton of factors. Selflessness is one of the key ones. Good luck to Belpre.

I just thought this thread was going nowhere else and complimented what I knew was very good.

Return to “Football”