Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Re: Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Post by Ovenmit »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:25 pm If Carrico would leave OSU, it should be to go to another major college. I would say Carrico is smart enough to check out other Big Ten schools to see if they can use a LB. If I were him, I would wait to see if any LBs leave OSU and then see where he stands. Personally, from watching Carrico when he was at Ironton, I cannot understand why he has not been playing.
Not taking anything away from Reid but playing ag a instrument the caliber of compitition he played against in the OVC is not a good indicator of what he would be able to do in the Big 10. He was a monster in the OVC but so would a lot of above average or top notch players be in the OVC

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

Ovenmit wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:51 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:25 pm If Carrico would leave OSU, it should be to go to another major college. I would say Carrico is smart enough to check out other Big Ten schools to see if they can use a LB. If I were him, I would wait to see if any LBs leave OSU and then see where he stands. Personally, from watching Carrico when he was at Ironton, I cannot understand why he has not been playing.
Not taking anything away from Reid but playing the caliber of compitition he played against in the OVC is not a good indicator of what he would be able to do in the Big 10. He was a monster in the OVC but so would a lot of above average or top notch players be in the OVC

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

Ovenmit wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:53 pm
Ovenmit wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:51 pm
Not taking anything away from Reid but playing the caliber of compitition he played against in the OVC is not a good indicator of what he would be able to do in the Big 10. He was a monster in the OVC but so would a lot of above average or top notch players be in the OVC
He's got to prove himself in practice or when he gets in a game. He has to stand out

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Reid on being 1 of 39 Ohio State players to earn Academic All Big Ten honors.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:32 pm Congratulations to Reid on being 1 of 39 Ohio State players to earn Academic All Big Ten honors.
Yep. Academic all BIG10 in an engineering track. That’ll serve him much better in life than football.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:32 pm Congratulations to Reid on being 1 of 39 Ohio State players to earn Academic All Big Ten honors.
Trimble’s Camron Kittle earned his second Academic Big Ten honors

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:41 am
Trimble’s Camron Kittle earned his second Academic Big Ten honors
congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Seen Reid getting some NIL love on a billboard headed up 23 for Rax! Glad he is getting some recognition, I can see him finding his way on the field next year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

WildManWill wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:01 pm Seen Reid getting some NIL love on a billboard headed up 23 for Rax! Glad he is getting some recognition, I can see him finding his way on the field next year.
Doubtful, special teams again even in the blow out games he wasn't getting in on defense. He's getting the most important thing and that's the free education though, academic honors keep up the great work.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:23 pm
WildManWill wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:01 pm Seen Reid getting some NIL love on a billboard headed up 23 for Rax! Glad he is getting some recognition, I can see him finding his way on the field next year.
Doubtful, special teams again even in the blow out games he wasn't getting in on defense. He's getting the most important thing and that's the free education though, academic honors keep up the great work.
With Buckeyes only using two LBs it's hard for players to work their way up on the depth chart. All the LBs who have seen the field over him have been in college longer also. The free education is definitely the most important thing tho.. worst case scenerio for him is he can pull a Burrow and graduate with a degree from The Ohio State and then transfer somewhere if he wants to. Best case he gets a chance to see the field on defense and make a real impact for the Buckeyes!

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Steele Chambers coming back, Teradja Mitchell going to UFlorida.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I agree 100 percent congratulations.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think carrico was out of position offensively in high school. I think he would of played TE, he could of been able to switch possibly. I think he’d make a great TE.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:20 am I think carrico was out of position offensively in high school. I think he would of played TE, he could of been able to switch possibly. I think he’d make a great TE.
Reid should have been a wing back coming out of the backfield like Denver did with Sharpe years ago Reid would have been perfect in that roll I believe

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:20 am I think carrico was out of position offensively in high school. I think he would of played TE, he could of been able to switch possibly. I think he’d make a great TE.
sounds good

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

He will have to decide at some point if a few reps on special teams is good enough or is it time to enter the portal and find a team to start on.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

gobucs20 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:11 am He will have to decide at some point if a few reps on special teams is good enough or is it time to enter the portal and find a team to start on.
He'll finish his degree before he decides to do that.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Looks like the LB depth chart is going to thin out a bit going into next season. Mitchell has already entered the transfer portal, and Gaoteote recently responded with "it's fair to say" when asked if it's unlikely he will return to Ohio St.. he only has 1 more year of eligibility and will likely want to play somewhere he can start. Knowles also made a comment about Trayanum saying "I'm afraid we may have lost him for good to running back." Not to mention the possibility of Eichenberg declaring for the draft.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:04 pm Looks like the LB depth chart is going to thin out a bit going into next season. Mitchell has already entered the transfer portal, and Gaoteote recently responded with "it's fair to say" when asked if it's unlikely he will return to Ohio St.. he only has 1 more year of eligibility and will likely want to play somewhere he can start. Knowles also made a comment about Trayanum saying "I'm afraid we may have lost him for good to running back." Not to mention the possibility of Eichenberg declaring for the draft.
There will be a whole new crop of 4 and 5 star linebacker recruits coming in. In this day and age if you don't play early in you're career you are likely not going to

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

gobucs20 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:25 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:04 pm Looks like the LB depth chart is going to thin out a bit going into next season. Mitchell has already entered the transfer portal, and Gaoteote recently responded with "it's fair to say" when asked if it's unlikely he will return to Ohio St.. he only has 1 more year of eligibility and will likely want to play somewhere he can start. Knowles also made a comment about Trayanum saying "I'm afraid we may have lost him for good to running back." Not to mention the possibility of Eichenberg declaring for the draft.
There will be a whole new crop of 4 and 5 star linebacker recruits coming in. In this day and age if you don't play early in you're career you are likely not going to
I disagree, plenty of players who don't see the field till the 3rd year. The ones who play early are the allstars who will very likely go to the NFL. The players coming in will still have to adapt to the game at the next level, while Carrico will be entering his 3rd season. 4 and 5 star players have been coming in every season, and Carrico was a 4 star himself.

Return to “Football”