Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Post by fbnut »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:44 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:25 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:04 pm Looks like the LB depth chart is going to thin out a bit going into next season. Mitchell has already entered the transfer portal, and Gaoteote recently responded with "it's fair to say" when asked if it's unlikely he will return to Ohio St.. he only has 1 more year of eligibility and will likely want to play somewhere he can start. Knowles also made a comment about Trayanum saying "I'm afraid we may have lost him for good to running back." Not to mention the possibility of Eichenberg declaring for the draft.
There will be a whole new crop of 4 and 5 star linebacker recruits coming in. In this day and age if you don't play early in you're career you are likely not going to
I disagree, plenty of players who don't see the field till the 3rd year. The ones who play early are the allstars who will very likely go to the NFL. The players coming in will still have to adapt to the game at the next level, while Carrico will be entering his 3rd season. 4 and 5 star players have been coming in every season, and Carrico was a 4 star himself.
I think Steele has already said he’s staying and I think tommy will probably end up staying. Then add Simon and hicks and who knows where styles might end up

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

fbnut wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:52 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:25 pm There will be a whole new crop of 4 and 5 star linebacker recruits coming in. In this day and age if you don't play early in you're career you are likely not going to
I disagree, plenty of players who don't see the field till the 3rd year. The ones who play early are the allstars who will very likely go to the NFL. The players coming in will still have to adapt to the game at the next level, while Carrico will be entering his 3rd season. 4 and 5 star players have been coming in every season, and Carrico was a 4 star himself.
I think Steele has already said he’s staying and I think tommy will probably end up staying. Then add Simon and hicks and who knows where styles might end up
Steele is staying and Eichenberg said he's not giving it much thought till after the playoffs.. i'd say how the playoffs go will greatly impact his decision. Definitely an uphill battle for Carrico, just don't understand why there's a handful of posters on here who seem to completely count him out. Going into the season he was their 1st choice for Sam LB when using that package so he's not an after thought.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:29 pm

Steele is staying and Eichenberg said he's not giving it much thought till after the playoffs.. i'd say how the playoffs go will greatly impact his decision. Definitely an uphill battle for Carrico, just don't understand why there's a handful of posters on here who seem to completely count him out. Going into the season he was their 1st choice for Sam LB when using that package so he's not an after thought.
He was really hurt with the change in scheme. Going from playing 3 backers alot of the time to 2

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

fbnut wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:09 am
He was really hurt with the change in scheme. Going from playing 3 backers alot of the time to 2
100% and then you add the fact that Knowles doesn't like to rotate the LBs too much.. best thing for Carrico would be Eichenberg going to the draft. For that to happen Buckeyes will likely have to beat Georgia tonight, with Eichenberg playing some great football to increase his draft stock. If they lose tonight, I could see him wanting to stay for another year.

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumper45 »

Play or not. Carrico will experience a lot that very very few around here have

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

No doubt Reid is working hard and doing all he can to be a good teammate and get better. He showed those attributes as a sophomore in high school. Wise old coach once said the most important game of the year is practice, EVERY practice!! Jordan said game time is showtime, practice makes champions. As fans we get caught up in Saturdays and stats. Players and coaches know what wins games, thankfully. I’m sure not counting carrico out. And I’m definitely not measuring his success with stats.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Do any of the current seo d1 players start or get significant playing time.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Has been announced that Trayanum will stay at RB and Gaoteote is leaving the team. If Carrico can lock up a role as one of the backups for next season, he would still have two years of eligibility the following year when Eichenberg and Chambers head off to the NFL.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

If he's not one of the two starters he won't see time at linebacker. Knowles system only plays two and he doesn't substitute even in blowout games.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

gobucs20 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:28 am Do any of the current seo d1 players start or get significant playing time.
Treylan Davis getting dozens and dozens of snaps every game for WVU as they were improving the last half of the year. He was in every game and really established himself as a key blocker and he was in there when it mattered most in their big close games late in the season. Had several receptions and I’d guess will have even more next year. I know the one game vs a ranked Big12 team he was heralded by the announcer on the national broadcast

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

the change to two backer scheme really worked out well 🙄

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:26 pm

the change to two backer scheme really worked out well 🙄
It did if you actually know football. Missed FG and probably a picked up flag away from winning the naty

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Read a story on eleven warriors that mentioned a possible change for him to hback/fullback

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Where is Treylan Davis from ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Carrico still has plenty of eligibility. He will eventually be in the mix.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe this kid loves Ohio State and is willing to stay and work along with getting a FREE Education?
Put it this way, he could go to Ohio Univ. and start and play in front of 8-10,000 people and be seen on a Tues Night Maction game... Or he could stay at Ohio State and work and possibly play in front of 106,000 people plus millions on TV someday along with always having a chance to play for a National Championship!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:34 am Where is Treylan Davis from ?
Jackson

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

not one of these posters being critical of this young man has ever accomplished what he has.

those that are being critical. how many full ride scholarship offers did you receive ? power 5 ? let along sign with OSU.

kids got a work ethic. he’s got the tools. i can’t imagine him not growing up dreaming of playing in The Shoe. he’s living his dream everyday.

the last time a SEO kid received criticism of being in Columbus. he hit the transfer portal. won the SEC. won the heisman trophy. won rhe National Championship. won the AFC North. Won the AFC. and a super bowl runner-up.

i encourage Reid to keep doin wat he’s doin. and be ready when that chance happens.

as for Jackson’s Treylan Davis at WVU. he’s gonna turn into the nations top TE and he will be on Mel Kipers Big Board come draft day. he will be the next Gronk Kelce in the league.

and remember if treylans dad don’t break his legs 3X (one in high school 2in college) Erik Davis would have been the first SEO kid to go to the big leagues. no questions asked.

keep grindin guys prove em all wrong.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I don't think people are being critical they're just stating facts. But if you haven't seen the field very little after 2 years there and 2 long time starters coming back this year. And the fact that they do not substitute on defense even in blowout games the likelihood of him all of a sudden seeing significant playing time is not likely.

Lay the Wood
Waterboy

Post by Lay the Wood »

I agree, it seems nobody is being critical of his play. We’ll see what the depth chart looks like come fall. Minus injuries to the starters he won’t play much this year. Most expect linebacker position to be open after this season. If it appears another player is favored after spring ‘24 he has a decision to make. Stay and work hard, get his degree and see what happens. Transfer for a better opportunity for him. I wish him the best- he’s a special player.

Return to “Football”