Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Post by THEEE_GAME »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:07 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:04 am
callie15 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:53 am Carrico was a div 5 ball player. He was very good div 5, buy not an OHIO STATE talent.
Possibly but he’s doing something prob 99% of us keyboard critics have not done. I’d love to play 1 snap in a Ohio state uniform even if it’s special teams. He will get a engineering degree from Ohio state which is very cool. But it’s crazy that how good he was here he’s not playing. It shows you how good these kids are Ohio state gets.
It's like that at all the big time programs and let's not forget when you talk about how good those kids are. There's another group ready to come in next year and some of them will be just that darn good it's just the cycle that these large programs get. Free education, experience of a lifetime, hell yeah the kid is very lucky such a small % make it to the point of where he's at.
Seen a bunch of freshman got some meaningful snaps on offense and defense.

Sonny Styles is a STUD. Dallan Hayden is a STUD

Several freshman got snaps on O & D this past sat.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... tyles-hits

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:20 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:04 am

Possibly but he’s doing something prob 99% of us keyboard critics have not done. I’d love to play 1 snap in a Ohio state uniform even if it’s special teams. He will get a engineering degree from Ohio state which is very cool. But it’s crazy that how good he was here he’s not playing. It shows you how good these kids are Ohio state gets.
It's like that at all the big time programs and let's not forget when you talk about how good those kids are. There's another group ready to come in next year and some of them will be just that darn good it's just the cycle that these large programs get. Free education, experience of a lifetime, hell yeah the kid is very lucky such a small % make it to the point of where he's at.

Yep, and there's another group just like that coming in. Those days where a freshman was basically redshirted automatically are LONG gone, colleges know they've only got these kids for 3 years basically and with the transfer portal maybe less. If you're special you're playing right away

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:23 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:20 pm

Yep, and there's another group just like that coming in. Those days where a freshman was basically redshirted automatically are LONG gone, colleges know they've only got these kids for 3 years basically and with the transfer portal maybe less. If you're special you're playing right away
Yep. My point when I started this topic. At Ohio State its increasingly urgent if you figure to be an impact player to do so ASAP or you are likely to be "lost in the sauce."

Ohio State has another very talented LB class coming in spring. And CJ Hicks is also still in the room.

The time Carrico has isn't as open as many believe. The elite talent are plug in and play guys now.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Good to hear he played in the game. The hamstring and ankle sprain must not have been significant if he was playjng special teams. He is still living a childhood dream, im sure. He gets to play in some of the most storied stadiums in the country. Great all around education.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

I agree FIDO. He is representing Ironton and our region well. He is living the dream.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I guess at some point he will have to decide if hes good with playing on special teams and at the end of blowout games. Or does he want to transfer somewhere else and be a starter.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:49 pm I guess at some point he will have to decide if hes good with playing on special teams and at the end of blowout games. Or does he want to transfer somewhere else and be a starter.
Basically, yes.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

FIDO wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:44 pm Good to hear he played in the game. The hamstring and ankle sprain must not have been significant if he was playjng special teams. He is still living a childhood dream, im sure. He gets to play in some of the most storied stadiums in the country. Great all around education.
I never seen him listed as injured at any point is sorta what is confusing me. I'm wondering if that's just rumor?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

It is Time!

CALL ON HIM.
Attachments
57BB97D7-2DD4-409B-8045-58D2B3F39545.jpeg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Anyone ever hear how much money he is getting from Rax?? He is on two billboards going into Circleville both North and coming South.

I guess if he is getting paid for that and he is getting a free education that might be enough for him. I would think he wants to be out on the field.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Poster boy for Ironton football. They’re really killing it getting athletes to the next level , no matter what level it is.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:49 am Anyone ever hear how much money he is getting from Rax?? He is on two billboards going into Circleville both North and coming South.

I guess if he is getting paid for that and he is getting a free education that might be enough for him. I would think he wants to be out on the field.
He's getting his spins on sp teams. He's gonna be fine.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Has he played special teams lately? I didn’t notice him Saturday or the week before.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:53 pm Has he played special teams lately? I didn’t notice him Saturday or the week before.
He seemed to be a regular on special teams from about the third game of the season til a few games ago then it dwindled down afterc that. He only has two snaps in last two games.. really thought he would see some linebacker time this year.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:17 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:53 pm Has he played special teams lately? I didn’t notice him Saturday or the week before.
He seemed to be a regular on special teams from about the third game of the season til a few games ago then it dwindled down afterc that. He only has two snaps in last two games.. really thought he would see some linebacker time this year.
Him seeing time at LB is slim with how Knowles is rotating them, Tommy and Steele have been playing almost every snap. Only other LB seeing the field really is Cody Simon. Not sure what happened with special teams time he had a solo tackle on kickoff a month ago.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

If there was ever a kid who will continue to work his butt off and fine tune all the little things that are needed to get on the field, it is Reid Carrico!!! DO NOT count him out; he will always be in the mix!!!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

No doubt. Playing or not he’s at Ohio state and if he plays 1 snap that is more than 99% of us posting on here.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I read his name on 11 Warriors article today about a possible entry into the transfer portal

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Would love to see him at Marshall.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Carrico would leave OSU, it should be to go to another major college. I would say Carrico is smart enough to check out other Big Ten schools to see if they can use a LB. If I were him, I would wait to see if any LBs leave OSU and then see where he stands. Personally, from watching Carrico when he was at Ironton, I cannot understand why he has not been playing.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”