Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:42 pm “Take the journey up US-23 B, youngin”

That’s some Rabbit sh** if I ever heard such. To play for this guy? Even more Rabbit energy.

LOL. Ryan Day is the personification of fetal alcohol syndrome. Born on third base and thought he hit a triple.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:58 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:47 pm Man, some of ya'll really struggling to understand what a redshirt year means. :lol:

Redshirt is essentially a free year on the team that doesn't count towards eligibility. Reid was redshirted last year which means Reid is a Redshirt FRESHMAN. Redshirt sophomore would mean he was in his 3rd season.

Second year player in his redshirt freshman season. He still has 3 years of eligibility left AFTER this season.

Regardless of how this season goes he still has 3 more seasons to get on the field all-the-while receiving a great education and being on the sidelines for a top 5 OSU national title contending team.
And another year that the ncaa gave for covid? Or was that a 1 year thing
Sadly that is gone, ended in the Spring of 20-21 for most sports. Reid didn't technically begin until the Fall of 21-22.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

82nd wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:32 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:41 am
82nd wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:56 am free education in all reality isn't free
Kinda cringed at that being said over and over from a blue collar region on labor day of all things. These universities and coaches literally make MILLIONS off the backs of these 17, 18, and 19 yr old kids. It's odd how working class areas often have no working class solidarity, but I digress.
meaning these kids put in more than enough time and i agree wholeheartedly with the latter part of last statement.
Absolutely sir. That edu is far from "free." These universities got rich off the labor of these student atheletes.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:54 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:41 am
Kinda cringed at that being said over and over from a blue collar region on labor day of all things. These universities and coaches literally make MILLIONS off the backs of these 17, 18, and 19 yr old kids. It's odd how working class areas often have no working class solidarity, but I digress.
[puts fist in the air] ✊
In solidarity, brother. 💯

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:02 am
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:42 pm “Take the journey up US-23 B, youngin”

That’s some Rabbit sh** if I ever heard such. To play for this guy? Even more Rabbit energy.

LOL. Ryan Day is the personification of fetal alcohol syndrome. Born on third base and thought he hit a triple.
Harbaugh vs Georgia was fun. 💀

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:27 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:58 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:47 pm Man, some of ya'll really struggling to understand what a redshirt year means. :lol:

Redshirt is essentially a free year on the team that doesn't count towards eligibility. Reid was redshirted last year which means Reid is a Redshirt FRESHMAN. Redshirt sophomore would mean he was in his 3rd season.

Second year player in his redshirt freshman season. He still has 3 years of eligibility left AFTER this season.

Regardless of how this season goes he still has 3 more seasons to get on the field all-the-while receiving a great education and being on the sidelines for a top 5 OSU national title contending team.
And another year that the ncaa gave for covid? Or was that a 1 year thing
Sadly that is gone, ended in the Spring of 20-21 for most sports. Reid didn't technically begin until the Fall of 21-22.
I was wondering how long it took past LB's like Raekwon Mcmillian and Ryan Shazier to be impact guys in Columbus? I see them as a better example of what they ultimately are looking for as opposed to a Tuff Borland type. I think LBs now at the Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia level are atheletes more than just the older, 1990s, Andy Katzenmoyer types. The desired skill set is vastly different.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:49 am
I think a great comparison is current linebacker Tommy Eichenberg. Extremely similar size to Reid (6'2" 239 vs. 6'2" 230), similar build and speed.

Tommy is in his 4th year and just had an excellent game for the Buckeyes against Notre Dame. He also redshirted his freshman year with minimal playing time. Only saw action in 1 game in his redshirt freshman season. Then in his 3rd year, last year, he was promoted to starter and had a very solid year. He's off to a fantastic start in his 4th year currently.

I'd imagine a very similar projection for Reid. He'll play very limited minutes this year unless there's an injury and then should expect the playing time to really ramp up in seasons 3 and 4.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Let me also say that I've had the pleasure of meeting Carrico and his parents on a few occasions.

If there's one thing this young man is NOT doing, it's complaining about playing time. I can also assure you his parents are telling him to work harder, not make excuses. They are exactly those type of people.

Reid has a tremendous opportunity in-front of him and will work his hind end off to get on the field eventually, I have no doubt in that.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:43 am
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:27 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:58 pm He’s just a sophomore.
A redshirt sophomore he has plenty of time to improve and play.
Linebacker is one of the hardest positions in college to learn with so many spread offenses being played no.
Reid is a thumper and he will get his chance when called upon.
OSU is playing only 2 linebackers in their base defense Reid is a inside LB not being played yet.
One game don’t make or break a Career at OSU and last year he was redshirted for a purpose.
I wish he would get some sp teams reps.
I do to but I’m sure the coaches have a plan for him and he will get the chance to show what he has sooner than later.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:09 am Let me also say that I've had the pleasure of meeting Carrico and his parents on a few occasions.

If there's one thing this young man is NOT doing, it's complaining about playing time. I can also assure you his parents are telling him to work harder, not make excuses. They are exactly those type of people.

Reid has a tremendous opportunity in-front of him and will work his hind end off to get on the field eventually, I have no doubt in that.
A big reason why he is where he is

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Carrico is doing a great job. Doing something only about 1% of the population can do. Keep working hard young man we are all proud of you

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:59 am
I think a great comparison is current linebacker Tommy Eichenberg. Extremely similar size to Reid (6'2" 239 vs. 6'2" 230), similar build and speed.

Tommy is in his 4th year and just had an excellent game for the Buckeyes against Notre Dame. He also redshirted his freshman year with minimal playing time. Only saw action in 1 game in his redshirt freshman season. Then in his 3rd year, last year, he was promoted to starter and had a very solid year. He's off to a fantastic start in his 4th year currently.

I'd imagine a very similar projection for Reid. He'll play very limited minutes this year unless there's an injury and then should expect the playing time to really ramp up in seasons 3 and 4.
I see where Eichenburg is on that Nagurski watch list. Looking at Tommys tranjectory while in Columbus I noticed he started to pick up significant minutes by his 3rd season and he was getting sp teams snaps fairly moderately in his 2nd season. It's early right now, but so far Reids tranjectory isnt exactly similar. I would kinda hope maybe he at least gets some snaps on sp.teams at some point.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1662564956991.jpg

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:22 am Carrico is doing a great job. Doing something only about 1% of the population can do. Keep working hard young man we are all proud of you
1% seems high actually

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:38 am

I see where Eichenburg is on that Nagurski watch list. Looking at Tommys tranjectory while in Columbus I noticed he started to pick up significant minutes by his 3rd season and he was getting sp teams snaps fairly moderately in his 2nd season. It's early right now, but so far Reids tranjectory isnt exactly similar. I would kinda hope maybe he at least gets some snaps on sp.teams at some point.

Eichenberg only played 6 snaps the entirety of his redshirt freshman season and only got in 5 games where he contributed on special teams. Many of the bigger games Eichenberg did NOT get in for special teams.

It's not fair to say his trajectory isn't the same when the only game we have to reference is a.) the 1st game of the season in Reid's redshirt freshman season and b.) arguably the most important game of the season in terms of ranking of opponent.

You're going to see Reid in some Special Teams situations this season, 100%. I would venture to say as early as this Saturday.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Let us also mention that the Buckeye defense looked very good and the players playing Linebacker (and JACK) infront of him are

Harrison (SR) - Will 100% be drafted
Steele Chambers (RS JR) - 4th year player has a chance to make a Sunday roster but likely back next year
Tommy Eichenberg (RS JR) - 4th year and at this rate could leave for the draft after this season

Top backups:

Teradja Mitchell: Senior, so he will graduate

Heck, Jack Sawyer is another redshirt freshman who was a consensus 5 star recruit and #5 recruit in the entire nation (247 Sports) and only played 26 of the possible 50 defensive snaps.

It's a loaded defense right now and Reid is learning from some very special players infront of him.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:59 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:38 am

Eichenberg only played 6 snaps the entirety of his redshirt freshman season and only got in 5 games where he contributed on special teams. Many of the bigger games Eichenberg did NOT get in for special teams.

It's not fair to say his trajectory isn't the same when the only game we have to reference is a.) the 1st game of the season in Reid's redshirt freshman season and b.) arguably the most important game of the season in terms of ranking of opponent.

You're going to see Reid in some Special Teams situations this season, 100%. I would venture to say as early as this Saturday.
I hope so for sure. I was more referencing Tommys 2nd season where his usage rate began to increase. Hopefully we see the same with Reid. Arkansas State and Toledo would be the best window. Only one concern I have is I expect Teradja Mitchell and CJ Hicks to potentially also get some spin.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:06 pm Let us also mention that the Buckeye defense looked very good and the players playing Linebacker (and JACK) infront of him are

Steele Chambers (RS JR) - 4th year player has a chance to make a Sunday roster but likely back next year
Tommy Eichenberg (RS JR) - 4th year and at this rate could leave for the draft after this season

Top backups:

Heck, Jack Sawyer is another redshirt freshman who was a consensus 5 star recruit and #5 recruit in the entire nation (247 Sports) and only played 26 of the possible 50 defensive snaps.

It's a loaded defense right now and Reid is learning from some very special players infront of him.
Zach Harrison is a defensive end.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

The best thing is, is that he's D1. No matter how his playing career turns out he will be a great high school coach if that's what he wants when his playing days are over.

I know, I was D1 fellas
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:53 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:06 pm Let us also mention that the Buckeye defense looked very good and the players playing Linebacker (and JACK) infront of him are

Top backups:

Zach Harrison is a defensive end. But lookout for 5 star phenom CJ Hicks at LB. Staff and most specifically ( Knowles/Day) are extremely high on him and have mentioned they expect him to pick up significant use as season goes on.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

*D1* wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:54 pm The best thing is, is that he's D1. No matter how his playing career turns out he will be a great high school coach if that's what he wants when his playing days are over.
He's an engineering major. I susoect his aspirations are a bit higher.

Return to “Football”