Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

*D1*
Freshman Team

Re: Carrico lost in the sauce in Columbus?

Post by *D1* »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:57 pm
*D1* wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:54 pm The best thing is, is that he's D1. No matter how his playing career turns out he will be a great high school coach if that's what he wants when his playing days are over.
He's an engineering major. I susoect his aspirations are a bit higher.
I get that, but he may see the light before it's all said and done. Nothing gets you higher than those Friday night lights. And being D1 makes him a sure thing in coaching, but not necessarily in engineering.

I know, I was D1 fellas
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

*D1* wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:00 pm
*D1* wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:54 pm The best thing is, is that he's D1. No matter how his playing career turns out he will be a great high school coach if that's what he wants when his playing days are over.
I get that, but he may see the light before it's all said and done. Nothing gets you higher than those Friday night lights. And being D1 makes him a sure thing in coaching, but not necessarily in engineering.
Maybe. An engineering degree does though. My best friend graduated with an engineering degree. Through his late twenties and early thirties, worked for someone else, and now in his early 40's, has his own business in the Raleigh/Durham area and is living extremely well. That's an awfully significant downgrade in quality of life, I will say that. Not to mention, engineering degrees are not exactly easy to get. Can't imagine doing that and then minimizing your own investment. But maybe, I guess.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Southern Ohio speaking loud and clear on this thread.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:29 pm Southern Ohio speaking loud and clear on this thread.
I'd ask for context, but I think I get it. Lol

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Maybe. An engineering degree does though. My best friend graduated with an engineering degree. Through his late twenties and early thirties, worked for someone else, and now in his early 40's, has his own business in the Raleigh/Durham area and is living extremely well. That's an awfully significant downgrade in quality of life, I will say that. Not to mention, engineering degrees are not exactly easy to get. Can't imagine doing that and then minimizing your own investment. But maybe, I guess.
Just saying by being D1 he's a shoe in to be a great high school coach.

I know, I was D1 fellas
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... im-knowles

"C.J., I mean, man, his upside is fantastic. He really has a great quickness and athleticism that you don't see out of many linebackers at that size,” said Knowles, who enters his first season as Ohio State’s defensive coordinator and linebackers coach. “So it's just a matter of how quickly can he learn, get himself up to speed so that he can use those tools. Sometimes when you're thinking too much, you can't use your tools, right? So we just keep working with C.J. so that he gets it down, so he can really cut it loose, but I think his upside is gonna be amazing.”
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:53 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:06 pm Let us also mention that the Buckeye defense looked very good and the players playing Linebacker (and JACK) infront of him are

Harrison (SR) - Will 100% be drafted
Steele Chambers (RS JR) - 4th year player has a chance to make a Sunday roster but likely back next year
Tommy Eichenberg (RS JR) - 4th year and at this rate could leave for the draft after this season

Top backups:

Teradja Mitchell: Senior, so he will graduate

Heck, Jack Sawyer is another redshirt freshman who was a consensus 5 star recruit and #5 recruit in the entire nation (247 Sports) and only played 26 of the possible 50 defensive snaps.

It's a loaded defense right now and Reid is learning from some very special players infront of him.
Zach Harrison is a defensive end.
Yes and No. Harrison is the starter in the JACK position, which plays many downs as a linebacker.

For example, Jack Sawyer saw 26 snaps in the JACK package. In that situation he lined up every time as a standup linebacker in which the line consisted of Tuimoloau and Hall at ends (Hall is typically a DT) and Vincent coming in as nose tackle.

So in many situations, Harrison will be playing more of a hybrid linebacker position as opposed to a traditional defensive end.

New Defensive Coordinator Jim Knowles is notorious for mixing up packages and allowing athletes to be athletes so don't be surprised at all to continue seeing Harrison and Sawyer in stand-up linebacker situations.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:40 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:53 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:06 pm Let us also mention that the Buckeye defense looked very good and the players playing Linebacker (and JACK) infront of him are

Harrison (SR) - Will 100% be drafted
Steele Chambers (RS JR) - 4th year player has a chance to make a Sunday roster but likely back next year
Tommy Eichenberg (RS JR) - 4th year and at this rate could leave for the draft after this season

Top backups:

Teradja Mitchell: Senior, so he will graduate

Heck, Jack Sawyer is another redshirt freshman who was a consensus 5 star recruit and #5 recruit in the entire nation (247 Sports) and only played 26 of the possible 50 defensive snaps.

It's a loaded defense right now and Reid is learning from some very special players infront of him.
Zach Harrison is a defensive end.
Yes and No. Harrison is the starter in the JACK position, which plays many downs as a linebacker.

For example, Jack Sawyer saw 26 snaps in the JACK package. In that situation he lined up every time as a standup linebacker in which the line consisted of Tuimoloau and Hall at ends (Hall is typically a DT) and Vincent coming in as nose tackle.

So in many situations, Harrison will be playing more of a hybrid linebacker position as opposed to a traditional defensive end.

New Defensive Coordinator Jim Knowles is notorious for mixing up packages and allowing athletes to be athletes so don't be surprised at all to continue seeing Harrison and Sawyer in stand-up linebacker situations.
Yes, true, and that is also going to be a factor for this season at least. Good point.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:40 pm https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... im-knowles

"C.J., I mean, man, his upside is fantastic. He really has a great quickness and athleticism that you don't see out of many linebackers at that size,” said Knowles, who enters his first season as Ohio State’s defensive coordinator and linebackers coach. “So it's just a matter of how quickly can he learn, get himself up to speed so that he can use those tools. Sometimes when you're thinking too much, you can't use your tools, right? So we just keep working with C.J. so that he gets it down, so he can really cut it loose, but I think his upside is gonna be amazing.”
And neither one played a single snap against Notre Dame, not even on Special Teams. Just goes to show you the insane depth this defense has right now (and still makes my stomach turn at how atrocious our defense was last year with basically the same guys!!)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:43 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:40 pm https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... im-knowles

And neither one played a single snap against Notre Dame, not even on Special Teams. Just goes to show you the insane depth this defense has right now (and still makes my stomach turn at how atrocious our defense was last year with basically the same guys!!)
Coombs was NOT the guy.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-stat ... -ryan-day/

On C.J. Hicks, Ryan Day says "it almost looks like he's one of the guys that's been around for a while ... you don't think of him as a freshman anymore. At least we don't."

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:48 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:02 am
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:42 pm “Take the journey up US-23 B, youngin”

That’s some Rabbit sh** if I ever heard such. To play for this guy? Even more Rabbit energy.

LOL. Ryan Day is the personification of fetal alcohol syndrome. Born on third base and thought he hit a triple.
Harbaugh vs Georgia was fun. 💀
Hassan Haskins just scored another touchdown on that Swiss cheese defense. Score is now 49-27 in favor of Michigan.

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

That Caricature boy will get his due time in the future. Him and that Kittle boy will be leading the defense soon enough. If Burrows would have been there with Day he would have been the starting QB. Urban didn't like him for some reason.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

K00ND0GGER wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:03 pm That Caricature boy will get his due time in the future. Him and that Kittle boy will be leading the defense soon enough. If Burrows would have been there with Day he would have been the starting QB. Urban didn't like him for some reason.
Is Reid a cartoon or "caricature?" 💀

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Why can't he do both ??

Burg grad 85
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:57 am
Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:22 am Carrico is doing a great job. Doing something only about 1% of the population can do. Keep working hard young man we are all proud of you
1% seems high actually
I was trying to be conservative but I wouldn’t be surprised if that number is lower

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:13 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:22 am Carrico is doing a great job. Doing something only about 1% of the population can do. Keep working hard young man we are all proud of you
1% seems high actually
I was trying to be conservative but I wouldn’t be surprised if that number is lower
Just a little less than 2%

https://scholarshipstats.com/varsityodd ... %20schools.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:33 pm

1% seems high actually

And he’s not only play division 1 but he’s playing for one of the tip of the spear programs in college football. Some of the elite of the elite

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:54 pm

And he’s not only play division 1 but he’s playing for one of the tip of the spear programs in college football. Some of the elite of the elite
Facts.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1% seems high actually

Yeah but 1 or 2 out of 100 to get a full ride football scholarship to Ohio State….one of the elite football schools in the United States. At Jackson it’s like 1 players out of maybe 1500 career football athletes. Similar at most schools I can think of.

I’m assuming the very vast majority of kids that went on to D1 would’ve committed to playing at OSU given the invite.

Talking all D1’s that skews it a great bit.

Has their been 20 SE district athletes in the last 100 years get a full ride football scholarship at Ohio State?

Return to “Football”