Wheelersburg 12 - 20 Jackson 2022

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: WK 5 Jackson (2-2) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

fielddaddy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:25 pm All them transfers Jackson had no doubt they turn the tide and won the game .
LOL.
In all honesty it sounded like a great game congrads to both teams I'm sure they will both know they was in a hard fought game tomorrow.
Great game Jackson great game Wheelersburg you have no reason to hang your head good luck next week.

classy
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Yes, burg D is better than Ironton. Jackson is a very good and bigger football school that should win this game. Burg shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. 1 big one early in the second half really turned this game around but they will be just fine come playoff time. Good game Jackson

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:47 pm this will no doubt turn burgs season around! like last year! after this the season will be turn around. of course burg has nothing but mediocre soc teams left and if they can get into playoffs and have irontons 3rd team QB play again, they could win again and then lay an egg vs harvest prep.

good win jackson. good luck to both teams the rest of the way

Man, still making excuses about the azz whooping you took in the playoffs. Doesn't matter what they did against HP, at least they made it there.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:39 pm Burg is fine. Just need to keep trying to throw football. Stay the course. People will be mad.

If they are going to try and throw the ball quit rolling the QB to the left where he has to try and throw back against his body. College QB's struggle with that. Jones does well when he sets up in the pocket and throws the ball down the field. He struggles rolling out and throwing.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:10 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:38 pm This will make it tougher for Wheelersburg to get the 3 seed and sets up a likely regional semifinal rematch with Ironton.

Guessing this one could have gone either way. Still stunned that the Jackson team I saw 1st half against Ironton ever gets stopped.

I’d imagine both these teams end up at 8-2, with Wheelersburg perhaps more dangerous in D5 than Jackson in D3.
Burgs defense is better than Irontons imo and 2 big plays cost Burg this game gotta give Jackson credit for making thise plays great game
Ironton's D came to play tonight it was over 1st quarter.
And before you say it was just South Point their QB was impressive and their running back was a hard runner the game was over in the first quarter with the way Ironton played D and the turnovers they caused.
ironton needed a win a big statement win and tonight they did it the game could have been 100 point win South Point scored on blown coverage and credit for them to do so.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:42 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:39 pm 283 yards of offense in the final quarter and a half
You have to credit the QB of Jackson. Burg coverage pretty good most of the night. He was very good tonight. Good as advertised.

Ballsy call IMO when Jackson threw the ball on 4th and 4 for the TD. Ball couldn't have been placed any better than that throw was. Burg defenders was right there just missed the ball when he swiped at it.

Winters was the real deal. Made big plays when they needed him to. Those two runs he had to end the game were huge.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Heck of a game. I would never believe hall out coached burg in a second half. Keep it going men! Burg is just fine great coaches that usually make proper adjustments. I was impressed at the outcome tonight.🇺🇸

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

fielddaddy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:23 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:38 pm This will make it tougher for Wheelersburg to get the 3 seed and sets up a likely regional semifinal rematch with Ironton.

Guessing this one could have gone either way. Still stunned that the Jackson team I saw 1st half against Ironton ever gets stopped.

I’d imagine both these teams end up at 8-2, with Wheelersburg perhaps more dangerous in D5 than Jackson in D3.
😂😂🤣🤣

Burgs defense is better than Irontons imo and 2 big plays cost Burg this game gotta give Jackson credit for making thise plays great game
And before you say it was just South Point their QB was impressive and their running back was a hard runner the game was over in the first quarter with the way Ironton played D and the turnovers they caused.
ironton needed a win a big statement win and tonight they did it the game could have been 100 point win South Point scored on blown coverage and credit for them to do so.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

fielddaddy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:23 pm

🤣🤣🤣

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:28 pm Heck of a game. I would never believe hall out coached burg in a second half. Keep it going men! Burg is just fine great coaches that usually make proper adjustments. I was impressed at the outcome tonight.🇺🇸
Well burg fans are super intense. But burg has lost to two really really good football teams by and average of 8 points. I don’t think a panic button needs to be pushed. This burg team is going to be hard to beat once they figure out how to put the ball across the goaline of stout defenses. Burg has moved the ball against both defenses. Just have to figure out how to get in the end zone

allamericanironman
All Conference

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:34 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:28 pm Heck of a game. I would never believe hall out coached burg in a second half. Keep it going men! Burg is just fine great coaches that usually make proper adjustments. I was impressed at the outcome tonight.🇺🇸
Well burg fans are super intense. But burg has lost to two really really good football teams by and average of 8 points. I don’t think a panic button needs to be pushed. This burg team is going to be hard to beat once they figure out how to put the ball across the goaline of stout defenses. Burg has moved the ball against both defenses. Just have to figure out how to get in the end zone
A possession receiver needs to step up. Burg will be hard to beat when they open up the playbook as usual.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Why wouldn’t you believe that ?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:45 pm
Because it rarely happens? Just taking a shot in the dark here.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:48 pm
Because it rarely happens? Just taking a shot in the dark here.
3 in a row ! Just saying, not as easy with Holden is it ?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Burg makes the best adjustments they actually know how to coach. Give credit where it is due. But not tonight!

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

2 games now with no TDs is it time to bring OC Kaskey back??

allamericanironman
All Conference

They coach and play to win!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:58 pm
Burg makes the best adjustments they actually know how to coach. Give credit where it is due. But not tonight!
Pretty sure adjustments were made tonight 😊

Wouldn’t be talking about coaching staffs if you know what I mean 👍

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Coach did say he got cute in the first half with new plays and formations. Thankfully they got back to their bread and butter in the 2nd half, who knows how things would have been had they played like that all night. Still got a lot to clean up, and need to stop waiting for the third qtr to start playing offense lol.
As for Burg you have a very fast and shifty team and played hard. Defense swarmed to the ball immediately and made a lot of good tackles. I think the main problem in the red zone is the system they run. They used the threat of the pass to keep Jackson honest and used misdirection and sweeps to confuse our linemen and backers just long enough to burn us with their speed. But once they got in a much shorter field Jackson was able to stack the box a little bit more and slow down the Burg. I think being a little more diverse and developing at least a little bit of a passing threat would be huge for them and needed in the playoffs.

All and all great game, will Benefit both teams greatly. Good win Ironmen. Good luck the rest of the way Burg.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:21 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:39 pm Burg is fine. Just need to keep trying to throw football. Stay the course. People will be mad.

If they are going to try and throw the ball quit rolling the QB to the left where he has to try and throw back against his body. College QB's struggle with that. Jones does well when he sets up in the pocket and throws the ball down the field. He struggles rolling out and throwing.
Where the hell is that Burg "superior coaching" tf at anyways? 🤐😭

Return to “Football”