Some Past Meetings
September 17, 2021 KIPP Columbus 20 - 29 Portsmouth West 7:00 pm

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK5 PORTSMOUTH WEST VS KIPP COLUMBUS

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I will be attending this one. Will be my first time at West.

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

I like west in a close one

*MrFirstTake*
MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

Kipp has a lot of players with D1 Interest though

*MrFirstTake*
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

KIPP has at least 3 players with D1 offers and all 3 were Top 50 in Ohio.

Fastest team I have ever seen West play.

Last year West threw a few times to keep them honest and Sissel ran for almost 300 yards.

West’s defense has been solid this year. Absolutely have to make KIPP go the long field and keep the big plays at a minimum.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Wellston score could have been 100-0 in the 3rd. That was one of the roughest games I've ever watched.

On to KIPP. This is not a team I would like to play around with. Alot of speed and athleticm. Couple blowouts in a row and a team traveling from Columbus you have to watch out for a trap game before heading into conference play. I like that their will he some speed on the field, good test for us. I want to see good play but I'd also like to go 4 quarters and give the guys some good battle tested experience as we start down the stretch. Hope for another beautiful night at The Rock and no injuries.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:13 am I will be attending this one. Will be my first time at West.
Looking forward to having you at The Rock. If you'd like something different to eat before the game, their is a new "restaurant" that is very popular right now. Look up the Texas Peach Grill on facebook. 10 minutes from the ball field up a windy road on a hill you'll see a little tent and stand. Not a place youd ever expect to be able to buy a burger and Doesn't look like much but it's one of the best burgers and fries you will ever have. Very nice people and cool environment. They call the area "Peach Orchard", kind of cool little part of the West Side.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West 35-24

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

KIPP WAY too much for West. Their secondary is fast and they hit! LB’s are tough and the D line will bring pressure every play. Then there’s the offense….. no offense to West, their just outmanned this game.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:12 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:13 am I will be attending this one. Will be my first time at West.
Looking forward to having you at The Rock. If you'd like something different to eat before the game, their is a new "restaurant" that is very popular right now. Look up the Texas Peach Grill on facebook. 10 minutes from the ball field up a windy road on a hill you'll see a little tent and stand. Not a place youd ever expect to be able to buy a burger and Doesn't look like much but it's one of the best burgers and fries you will ever have. Very nice people and cool environment. They call the area "Peach Orchard", kind of cool little part of the West Side.
My friend from West has a spot picked out for us but I will let him know if this place

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:59 pm
My friend from West has a spot picked out for us but I will let him know if this place
Hopefully your friend picked the Scioto Ribber! Stick with it!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:23 pm

Hopefully your friend picked the Scioto Ribber! Stick with it!
Not as good as it used to be

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Watched just a little bit of film on KIPP. #3 and #4 are lightning fast. Definitely have the ability to take it to the house at any point. The team they played was not very good. I think we are much more physical and that will wear them down some. Line looks big and slow. The real big kid that's a d1 recruit looks awkward and slow to me. Linebackers are fast but they bit hard on motions and misdirection. Bishop and Sissel will be tough on that if they start playing the guessing game. At the end of the day I think this will be a great test, but I don't see KIPP hanging with the physicality of our defense.field position and ball control will be key. Must make them work down the field and not give them easy starting positions. I could see us trading scores early but we will wear down their line. I'm gonna say 34-20 Siders

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Knowledge Is Power Program. KIPP coach James Lee is very disciplined coach with I believe 66 kids and does a good job. kids are
fast and very mobile, West must wrap up to ensure the tackle. Their 3 D-1 recruits are juniors. Must play old west football with hard
hits and clock control to insure a win. Ball protection is a must.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:23 pm

Looking forward to having you at The Rock. If you'd like something different to eat before the game, their is a new "restaurant" that is very popular right now. Look up the Texas Peach Grill on Facebook. 10 minutes from the ball field up a windy road on a hill you'll see a little tent and stand. Not a place you'd ever expect to be able to buy a burger and Doesn't look like much but it's one of the best burgers and fries you will ever have. Very nice people and a cool environment. They call the area "Peach Orchard", kind of cool little part of the West Side.
Hopefully, your friend picked the Scioto Ribber! Stick with it!
That is what we have done in the past.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:16 pm Watched just a little bit of film on KIPP. #3 and #4 are lightning fast. Definitely have the ability to take it to the house at any point. The team they played was not very good. I think we are much more physical and that will wear them down some. Line looks big and slow. The real big kid that's a d1 recruit looks awkward and slow to me. Linebackers are fast but they bit hard on motions and misdirection. Bishop and Sissel will be tough on that if they start playing the guessing game. At the end of the day I think this will be a great test, but I don't see KIPP hanging with the physicality of our defense.field position and ball control will be key. Must make them work down the field and not give them easy starting positions. I could see us trading scores early but we will wear down their line. I'm gonna say 34-20 Siders
Where did you get to see film on Kipp? You a coach or player? Just curious. I couldn’t find any on YouTube.
Last edited by MrPerfect on Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WWE HALL OF FAME
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

From what I remember reading they are fast with two big linemen who are supposed to be above average at this level. KIPP that is,

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

MrPerfect wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:49 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:16 pm Watched just a little bit of film on KIPP. #3 and #4 are lightning fast. Definitely have the ability to take it to the house at any point. The team they played was not very good. I think we are much more physical and that will wear them down some. Line looks big and slow. The real big kid that's a d1 recruit looks awkward and slow to me. Linebackers are fast but they bit hard on motions and misdirection. Bishop and Sissel will be tough on that if they start playing the guessing game. At the end of the day I think this will be a great test, but I don't see KIPP hanging with the physicality of our defense.field position and ball control will be key. Must make them work down the field and not give them easy starting positions. I could see us trading scores early but we will wear down their line. I'm gonna say 34-20 Siders
Where did you get to see film on Kipp? You a coach or player? Just curious. I couldn’t find any on YouTube.
Close friend I watch with. Their is one video on YouTube where they intervie the 3 players. IMO the 3 and 4 are probably legit. To me the lineman just has the size, but what do I know. Hard to judge the quality of opponents up there. Lots of athletes on the field

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I look for a game like last year, It could really go either way.
I’m sure both will come out swinging in what should be an electric atmosphere.

WWE HALL OF FAME
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Game Day! This could prove to be a very important game. Lots of athletes on the field this evening. Can't have stupid turnovers and limit the big plays. I think our physicality will wear down the line and their athletes. I think we pull away into the 3rd. Prediction is 26-13 Siders

Return to “Football”