SE

Re: WK5 VALLEY VS NORTHWEST

Post by transplant »

I was told yesterday, yes.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Gotta go with Valley in this one. Think it'll be close, but I'll say Valley wins 27-21.*

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Valley has zero discipline and they need a major gut check. No way players and coaches should know what's coming and let them man handle you and run it down your throat. Gotta have more to you than that.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The penalties and jumping offsides are surprising.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Congratulations to the NW Mowhawks. They’re getting after it out there, great turnout also.

Valley….get back to practice and keep improving and playing hard.

Allaround82
Waterboy

Post by Allaround82 »

The second half looked like Valley was playing flag football. Arm tackles and not wrapping up the ball carrier will not get it done, obviously.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Allaround82 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:10 pm The second half looked like Valley was playing flag football. Arm tackles and not wrapping up the ball carrier will not get it done, obviously.
NW wanted this game more. That was evident.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

No excuses valley just got taken to the woodshed tonight. For a team that’s senior heavy you don’t see much leadership. Something that has been lacking for many years is that passion. You never see a player get pumped up they just always look bored. Crabtree seems to be a great coach and the new scheme is great and modern but we need a culture change. They have to get back their toughness. Valley has become soft.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:21 pm No excuses valley just got taken to the woodshed tonight. For a team that’s senior heavy you don’t see much leadership. Something that has been lacking for many years is that passion. You never see a player get pumped up they just always look bored. Crabtree seems to be a great coach and the new scheme is great and modern but we need a culture change. They have to get back their toughness. Valley has become soft.
I just hope they give him time to change it…definitely not overnight.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

coop wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:23 pm
Izladoom wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:21 pm No excuses valley just got taken to the woodshed tonight. For a team that’s senior heavy you don’t see much leadership. Something that has been lacking for many years is that passion. You never see a player get pumped up they just always look bored. Crabtree seems to be a great coach and the new scheme is great and modern but we need a culture change. They have to get back their toughness. Valley has become soft.
I just hope they give him time to change it…definitely not overnight.
Agree the losing is not his fault he has put the team in position to win they just have not executed it will take time

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Sounds like the defensive coordinator is struggling. Giving up a lot of points to Portsmouth, CG, and now NW. Never thought I’d see the day valley losses to NW

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:37 pm Sounds like the defensive coordinator is struggling. Giving up a lot of points to Portsmouth, CG, and now NW. Never thought I’d see the day valley losses to NW
Tonight he called a great game they just missed tackles all night long most of their yardage came after contact

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

To me…

Discipline Discipline Discipline

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Nice Mohawks

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Given up a lot of points in 3 out of the last 5 games.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Northwest’s first victory over Valley since 2000.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Very disappointing. However, the sun will rise qnd a new day will dawn.

Itll be tough to win another game this year. I hope im wrong!

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Congrats to the Mohawks 4 offenaive plays we could not defensively stop. Celebrate it :lol: , it was earned, but it is now Time to Move UP! No reason a school your size should play teams with a third of your roster or a third of your sxhool enrollment :oops: . We thankfully made it through with no kids on a stretcher...shew that was a worry..lol :D

Valley defensively needs to play responsibility, and if the schemes are not working rhen change. Where was our adjustments all night. If we cannot stop NW run we are in trouble. Adjust or go to the 50, if we do not have the linebacker core for the 40, then change. Too many mistakes and, responsibilities forgotten. Offensively, mistakea, dropped passes, and penalties. Clean it up and we are fine. PLEASE FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIGURE OUT OUR DEFENSE......
Last edited by ValleyStrong on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:50 pm
sportsfan2244 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:37 pm Sounds like the defensive coordinator is struggling. Giving up a lot of points to Portsmouth, CG, and now NW. Never thought I’d see the day valley losses to NW
Tonight he called a great game they just missed tackles all night long most of their yardage came after contact
Disagree on defensive schemes. It was awful, we do not have the personnel to run this defense. It will struggle all year. Plays we saw all night were iso, power sweep, and counter who was the assigned spy, and where was our corners and linebackers all night. It was nothing but the last offensive cordinators offense double wing, and double wing blocking out of the I. Defensivelyit should of been simple to stop..no excuses

Return to “Football”