September 14, 2012 Waterford 6 - 39 Eastern Meigs 7:30 pm
September 16, 2011 Eastern Meigs 12 - 20 Waterford 7:30 pm

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tee Higgins
Riding the Bench

Re: WK5 WATERFORD VS EASTERN MEIGS

Post by Tee Higgins »

Small school game of the week. This could decide the Hocking crown. Waterford coming off an L against the best (subjectively) D6 team in SEO. Eastern has all the confidence in the world with their best start in at least a decade. Waterford wins late.

There's three things in life that's certain: Death, taxes, and 85 will always be open.
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford passing game was way better than I thought. I will take the Wildcats in this one.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Can you buy tickets at the gate, or is admission for Waterford games all digital now? Unless it is pissing down the rain, I plan heading up 339 to attend this one. I listened to the Eastern game last night, and they struggled quite a bit against Portsmouth ND. Waterford's record may be a little deceiving due to their schedule. I like the Wildcats at home, whether Farmer Yoder and his crew work the game or not! :D

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
northeast2019
Waterboy

Post by northeast2019 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:12 am Waterford passing game was way better than I thought. I will take the Wildcats in this one.
I agree. Waterford’s Oline really dominated forts dline in pass pro. Totally surprised by that. Much improved indeed. Good luck to both teams for the remainder of the season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

northeast2019 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:14 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:12 am Waterford passing game was way better than I thought. I will take the Wildcats in this one.
I agree. Waterford’s Oline really dominated forts dline in pass pro. Totally surprised by that. Much improved indeed. Good luck to both teams for the remainder of the season.
Dominated??? Fort Frye had 6 sacks. Waterford had success getting it out fast because Cadets play cover 3 and put the DBs 10 yards off the ball.

Greencat
Waterboy

Post by Greencat »

Waterford's QB had over 280 total yards at half. Fort Frye really couldn't stop him.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:10 pm
Dominated??? Fort Frye had 6 sacks. Waterford had success getting it out fast because Cadets play cover 3 and put the DBs 10 yards off the ball.
geez easterndspy... Can't give em a little bit of props?...I agree they didn't dominate however FF was not dominate either...qb ran and passed on FF all night....you have any stats for Waterfords passing yds and maybe qb total rushing yds?...not saying they are great but pretty good for one of the smallest schools in div VII...going against I believe the #1team in the state in div VI...who btw are two male students (not sure of this stat was just told this) away from Div V....my point being they hung through 3 quarters (28-19 at one point) of football with the mighty Cadets and looked pretty decent doing it ( complete turnaround from the horrendous playing last week)...also they played and faired pretty well against probably the WV state champs williamstown...our 3 losses came from two number 1 teams in two states and a decent Shenandoah team ( which as I previously stated was one of the worst games they've played in a couple years with 6 turnovers)...with that being said..Eastern's bid for the TVC championship will end next week and Waterford will walk the dog on their remaining schedule....

Waterford 28
Eastern 7

northeast2019
Waterboy

Post by northeast2019 »

Their corners were 6 yards off when they were paying to attention to their correct depth but as far as that waterfords QB had 5-7 second to throw all night or at least 90% of his vertical drops. I would be concerned here as forts dline didn’t truly help pressuring. And why do they have Brown playing FS when he would be their best MLB?

Muskie740
Waterboy

Post by Muskie740 »

Waterford absolutely did not dominate fort frye in pass pro. They gave up a bunch of sacks and only scored twice on offense. One of the touchdowns was a 4th and 20 heave that should have been picked off but instead was tipped up in the air and the wr made a great play to haul it in for a td. Qb absolutely bailed out the oline multiple different times with some great scrambles. Waterford also did do a great job of using the short pass game to exploit a couple of backups who were forced into action due to injuries to FF starters.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chaw wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:16 pm

geez easterndspy... Can't give em a little bit of props?...I agree they didn't dominate however FF was not dominate either...qb ran and passed on FF all night....you have any stats for Waterfords passing yds and maybe qb total rushing yds?...not saying they are great but pretty good for one of the smallest schools in div VII...going against I believe the #1team in the state in div VI...who btw are two male students (not sure of this stat was just told this) away from Div V....my point being they hung through 3 quarters (28-19 at one point) of football with the mighty Cadets and looked pretty decent doing it ( complete turnaround from the horrendous playing last week)...also they played and faired pretty well against probably the WV state champs williamstown...our 3 losses came from two number 1 teams in two states and a decent Shenandoah team ( which as I previously stated was one of the worst games they've played in a couple years with 6 turnovers)...with that being said..Eastern's bid for the TVC championship will end next week and Waterford will walk the dog on their remaining schedule....

Waterford 28
Eastern 7

I picked y’all to win the game. Have the stats in my car. Stop using the small school big school excuse Waterford has more players than Fort Frye. Waterford looked good I even said the pass game was way better than I thought. Qb has some real wiggle to him.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

northeast2019 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:58 pm

Their corners were 6 yards off when they were paying to attention to their correct depth but as far as that waterfords QB had 5-7 second to throw all night or at least 90% of his vertical drops. I would be concerned here as forts dline didn’t truly help pressuring. And why do they have Brown playing FS when he would be their best MLB?
You have no idea what you’re talking about Owen Brown started at MLB.

Like I said Waterford had its best success when they threw quick or when the Qb scrambled. To say that Waterford “dominated “ Fort front 7 is a joke. Cadets DL was in the back field all night they did have problems containing and tackling but they didn’t have problems getting off blocks.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Muskie740 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:54 pm Waterford absolutely did not dominate fort frye in pass pro. They gave up a bunch of sacks and only scored twice on offense. One of the touchdowns was a 4th and 20 heave that should have been picked off but instead was tipped up in the air and the wr made a great play to haul it in for a td. Qb absolutely bailed out the oline multiple different times with some great scrambles. Waterford also did do a great job of using the short pass game to exploit a couple of backups who were forced into action due to injuries to FF starters.
Exactly they got a tip pass Td and Kick off return. They didn’t even have an offensive Td in the second half. Fort Frye scored a Td on 7 of 10 drives with last drive ending in the 1. They ran for 440 yards.

Greencat
Waterboy

Post by Greencat »

:twisted:
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:15 am
northeast2019 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:58 pm

You have no idea what you’re talking about Owen Brown started at MLB.

Like I said Waterford had its best success when they threw quick or when the Qb scrambled. To say that Waterford “dominated “ Fort front 7 is a joke. Cadets DL was in the back field all night they did have problems containing and tackling but they didn’t have problems getting off blocks.
You're right The Cadets D-Line did own Waterford's most of the game. The only reason it was close for a half because the best player on the field was on the other team.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

they exposed FF's weakness...get over it and move on...still no passing stats posted so I assume it was atrocious for FF...Their defense is par for the course and their offense is good like always....that'll win you a couple playoff games maybe however as soon as you run into a good passing team its over...

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

also...Eastern will lose

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Chaw wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:34 pm they exposed FF's weakness...get over it and move on...still no passing stats posted so I assume it was atrocious for FF...Their defense is par for the course and their offense is good like always....that'll win you a couple playoff games maybe however as soon as you run into a good passing team its over...
Do you think Eastern at full strength is better than Fort Frye missing 4 starters?

Do you think it will hurt Waterford that they put so much emphasis on week 4 - a game they were never going to win - when week 5 is the game that will make or break your season?

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

efarns wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:01 pm
Chaw wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:34 pm they exposed FF's weakness...get over it and move on...still no passing stats posted so I assume it was atrocious for FF...Their defense is par for the course and their offense is good like always....that'll win you a couple playoff games maybe however as soon as you run into a good passing team its over...
Do you think Eastern at full strength is better than Fort Frye missing 4 starters?

Do you think it will hurt Waterford that they put so much emphasis on week 4 - a game they were never going to win - when week 5 is the game that will make or break your season?
Eastern is absolutely not better than FF no matter how many starters they are missing...to even consider that would be totally absurd and there was no more emphasis put on this game than any other year...its a rivalry so there will be some attention paid ...the fact that Waterford plays them every year should tell you alot....it only makes them better...what team has Eastern played that you could think that I would consider that they are better?...as I stated before, Waterford's losses come from Williamstown( probable WV state champions)... Shenandoah ( who admittingly are really not that good.. Waterford had a horrendous game with 6 turnovers) and FF (who will at least go to the regionals)... and all 3 teams are undefeated..

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Does Eastern play anyone with that much repitiore? I think not...this game will be the start of Waterford's TVC championship run...Eastern is playing good football...however that is easy to do playing non conference games against nobodys.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Chaw wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:49 pm Does Eastern play anyone with that much repitiore? I think not...this game will be the start of Waterford's TVC championship run...Eastern is playing good football...however that is easy to do playing non conference games against nobodys.
Get it done, then. The conference has been ripe for picking for two years now. If you can "dominate" Fort Frye's passing defense, how many are you hanging on The Iggles this week?

Return to “Football”