Riding the Bench

Re: Week 5: River Valley @ Meigs

Post by The County Resident »

Hope Meigs has their week 2 playbook and not week 4 :lol:

KCPickem
Waterboy

Post by KCPickem »

I think it will be a good game but River Valley will come out on top.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Truly believe this game could go either way.

If meigs offense is clicking again they win no doubt but if it is stale then I can see river valley taking the win.

I know meigs is pretty irritated with how the game with vinton county went as far as the meigs coaches play calls and vinton countys lack of sportsmanship of not shaking hands, so meigs has a fire lit under them, hopefully they can use that correctly

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:14 pm Truly believe this game could go either way.

If meigs offense is clicking again they win no doubt but if it is stale then I can see river valley taking the win.

I know meigs is pretty irritated with how the game with vinton county went as far as the meigs coaches play calls and vinton countys lack of sportsmanship of not shaking hands, so meigs has a fire lit under them, hopefully they can use that correctly
Heard Meigs had some td’s called back with phantom holding calls against VC. If that’s the case I can understand why the fans are upset. But RV is really bad so I just can’t see Meigs losing this game unless the coaching is as bad as some say it is.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

We have a clear advantage in coaching and scheme. I see Meigs winning by 30.

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

There wasn’t any touchdowns called back against vc they had 74 total yards of offense penalties can’t take all of that yardage away

jsteth
Waterboy

Post by jsteth »

miegs is tough but RV will get us points in this one w the win. and how many yards were taken away that u didnt count in that 74 yards?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:14 pm Truly believe this game could go either way.

As hard as I try I'm having trouble understanding why Vinton County would not want to shake hands with Meigs after winning the game 42-6? Are there bad feelings between the two schools from something that happened in the past?

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

The game was getting chippy at the end and the officials told the teams not to

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:25 pm

As hard as I try I'm having trouble understanding why Vinton County would not want to shake hands with Meigs after winning the game 42-6? Are there bad feelings between the two schools from something that happened in the past?
Vinton County kids apparently couldn't keep their mouths shut, don't get me wrong meigs does it too but they know when to walk away.

Vinton County also had multiple late hits on meigs players and especially meigs QB that were never called

Refs never told meigs not to shake hands with Vinton County so this has to be a false statement, just a lack of class by the vikings because meigs went to the 50 yard line to do so.

Buzz
Waterboy

Post by Buzz »

Is cooper still the coach at rv?

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Sorry for your loss Meigs at VC-- but the game was never close- both teams are not very good--- but VC is a little better. I know the Meigs players were getting frustrated during the game-- so yes both sides were getting mouthy - and there were alot of calls on both sides for late hits that were not called. Not sure why the did not shake hands------------but that should have been done--- and if that was done because of VC-- they are in the wrong--they need to reach out to Meigs- I am from VC-- and thats not the way to behave---again IF- thats how it went down.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:51 am Sorry for your loss Meigs at VC-- but the game was never close- both teams are not very good--- but VC is a little better. I know the Meigs players were getting frustrated during the game-- so yes both sides were getting mouthy - and there were alot of calls on both sides for late hits that were not called. Not sure why the did not shake hands------------but that should have been done--- and if that was done because of VC-- they are in the wrong--they need to reach out to Meigs- I am from VC-- and thats not the way to behave---again IF- thats how it went down.
watching all the film i don't recall one meigs player hitting a vinton county player late other than the shove matches VC liked to start

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

Funny no other school complained about vc until meigs so guess all the sudden vc became a dirty team that paid the officials or is it that you all can’t stand to lose I get it I hate to lose as well but it happens I don’t look to blame everyone else especially when it is by more than a cpl of scores

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Albundy33 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:29 pm Funny no other school complained about vc until meigs so guess all the sudden vc became a dirty team that paid the officials or is it that you all can’t stand to lose I get it I hate to lose as well but it happens I don’t look to blame everyone else especially when it is by more than a cpl of scores
i'm not claiming anybody paid officials, officials are gonna make good or bad calls no matter what, Vinton County has been dirty the past couple of years in all sports really just nobody ever comes out and says anything because in reality nobodies gonna do anything about it

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Quit blaming the refs and the coach. Meigs players don't have the heart!!!! Even if coach not that good. They still need to give 110%.

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:40 pm
Albundy33 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:29 pm Funny no other school complained about vc until meigs so guess all the sudden vc became a dirty team that paid the officials or is it that you all can’t stand to lose I get it I hate to lose as well but it happens I don’t look to blame everyone else especially when it is by more than a cpl of scores
i'm not claiming anybody paid officials, officials are gonna make good or bad calls no matter what, Vinton County has been dirty the past couple of years in all sports really just nobody ever comes out and says anything because in reality nobodies gonna do anything about it
Vinton county has been very well coached..there offensive scheme is tough for a lot of school to deal with..I’m sorry but I have to disagree with this

UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

Buzz wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:23 am Is cooper still the coach at rv?
Rumor has it the team walked off the practice field and said they refuse to play for the coach…I don’t know the whole story but I’m hearing bits and pieces..not looking good

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

You can listen/stream this game through River Valley Football Broadcasting.

Join Eric Whitt and Carl DeWitt live at 6:45pm with the Ohio Valley Bank Pre-Game Show.

rvfootballbroadcasting.mixlr.com

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!

Return to “Football”