What going on with River Valley football

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Re: What going on with River Valley football

Post by K00ND0GGER »

JohnDenver wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:44 pm
SlimPickins wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:30 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:18 pm Did they walk out of a practice?
It was an organized team mutiny, apparently. Organized by whom remains to be seen.
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't one of the assistant coaches who is a daddy. haha
Gotta love good ole daddy ball. :mrgreen:

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:56 pm
K00ND0GGER wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:08 pm Don't be too quick to sell daddy ball short. It can work wonders for a program. Throw G'pa in with daddy and you might just build yourself a dynasty. :mrgreen:

You said the same exact same thing about Trimble ???

Coach Scott Cooper the HC has NO kids on this team?

I don’t understand your statement about “daddy” “mommy”
“g-pa” ball???

Or you simply just trolling threads stirring the pot with the same statements about struggling programs ????
I wasn't the one who mentioned it first regarding RV. And if you can't see my sarcasm you missed the whole point. :mrgreen:

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

K00ND0GGER wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:59 pm
K00ND0GGER wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:08 pm Don't be too quick to sell daddy ball short. It can work wonders for a program. Throw G'pa in with daddy and you might just build yourself a dynasty. :mrgreen:

“g-pa” ball???

Or you simply just trolling threads stirring the pot with the same statements about struggling programs ????
I wasn't the one who mentioned it first regarding RV. And if you can't see my sarcasm you missed the whole point. :mrgreen:
All this daddy ball crap is how much the parents think they know more than the coaches and want to put their 2 cents in whenever they can. The parents have filled their kids head with "its all about me" type of attitude and when realization sets in that they are not very good they want to blame the coach and walk out on him. What a disgrace. RV will never have success until this mindset changes if it can at all. Why are you scheduling teams like SG, Fed Hock and Manchester? You thought scheduling Eastern again could get you a win and oops. haha

SlimPickins
Waterboy

Post by SlimPickins »

JohnDenver wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:44 pm
It was an organized team mutiny, apparently. Organized by whom remains to be seen.
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't one of the assistant coaches who is a daddy. haha
I have no idea, but I wouldn’t be surprised by anything anymore.

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

JohnDenver wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:08 pm

“g-pa” ball???

All this daddy ball crap is how much the parents think they know more than the coaches and want to put their 2 cents in whenever they can. The parents have filled their kids head with "its all about me" type of attitude and when realization sets in that they are not very good they want to blame the coach and walk out on him. What a disgrace. RV will never have success until this mindset changes if it can at all. Why are you scheduling teams like SG, Fed Hock and Manchester? You thought scheduling Eastern again could get you a win and oops. haha
Daddy ball can ruin a program for years. I've seen it happen. But the powers are sometimes afraid of the loud voices and they don't really care enough about the program to fight it. It's easier to give into them so they take the easy route. The kids are the ones that suffer though. But boy daddy, mommy and G'pa are happy for a while, until they lose and then they have to find someone else to blame or move their little Joey to a different school and start the process all over again. For gosh sakes it can't be that Joey just isn't any good, can it? :mrgreen:

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Reason #1000 why there are oodles of good coaches sitting at home!

SlimPickins
Waterboy

Post by SlimPickins »

K00ND0GGER wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:13 pm

Daddy ball can ruin a program for years. I've seen it happen. But the powers are sometimes afraid of the loud voices and they don't really care enough about the program to fight it. It's easier to give into them so they take the easy route. The kids are the ones that suffer though. But boy daddy, mommy and G'pa are happy for a while, until they lose and then they have to find someone else to blame or move their little Joey to a different school and start the process all over again. For gosh sakes it can't be that Joey just isn't any good, can it? :mrgreen:
Exactly! Well said. Leadership in Gallia county let their coaches hang out to dry when it comes to blame time, but they micromanage in ways that are ridiculous. Coaches can’t raise and spend monies they need in Gallia local like in most other places, just to name one thing. Look at Point Pleasant. Darst runs that program from top to bottom and admin gets the hell out of the way. He doesn’t have to beg for resources and can raise whatever isn’t in budget that program needs. He wins at a school that was not a great program when he took over. His success could never happen in GCLS. They’d never give him the freedom to lead without their stamp on it and bringing him to heel to show who’s boss. GCLS, nothing, absolutely nothing happens without going thru the cabal at central office. The board won’t do anything that makes their relatives and friends at central office look bad. They want their fingerprints on any possible success and nowhere to be seen on any failure. No one in admin backs the coaches because it isn’t good for career and besides, chances are they’d be overruled anyway so why even bother. This isn’t the right response by admin, but it is understandable…sort of. The parents are enabled by the nothing burger Incompetent GCLS leadership. Leadership at top level must be the thing that changes the environment. Doubt it will ever happen.

Fusey
Waterboy

Post by Fusey »

“g-pa” ball???

Because the new AD is clueless…parents think the coaches are responsible for that…unfortunately that’s not the case at RV…

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Its a shame and a sham. Kids at GA loved Coach Coop. I bet if you asked kids at Meigs they would love to have him back. And somehow he isnt well recieved at RV. This says volumes about the parents. Kids only echo what they hear at home. So my bet is parents didnt like this guy and they cant keep their mouth shut in front of the kids so now the kid has a tainted view of the coach. No wonder you guys cant win.

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

Buzz wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:15 pm Patrick Brown is the coach this week.
And the clock is already ticking on his career and ultimately his firing. I wish him luck in his futire endeavors somewhere else cuz he gonna need it.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Boss429 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:21 am A "dickhead" coach . . . you mean a coach that expects the players to be on time, attend practice, be in the weightroom during the summer, oh and not to mention work hard, to not take vacations after August 1st (when mandatory state practice starts) be unselfish . . . I could go on and on. We need to get rid of "dickhead" fans and parents that make excuses for the kids and blame the coaches. Take your kid to Ironton or 'Burg and see what happens when you don't go to the weightroom, skip practice, take vacations during August . . . I guess Coach Pendleton and Coach Woodward are "dickheads" because they run disciplined first class programs.
Agree 10000%

MSU119
Waterboy

Post by MSU119 »

What an embarrassment for the school! I’m sure many in the area have discussed this situation. I have read many comments over the situation and I hope the kids are ready to play tonight v. Meigs. I’m sure no sympathy will be displayed once the game starts. Both teams will want to win, obviously but the question is will RVHS team be mentally ready to play 4 Qtrs. Just not a good situation because the RVHS can play and have shown spurts of being more competitive than some of their scores indicate.

Fusey
Waterboy

Post by Fusey »

Fletchlives wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:04 pm Aren't the AD and principal new this year?
Correct

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Sounds like they r in over their heads

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Where to start I’d go to war with coach coop any day of the week! It’s sure not like it used to be. This is Football people invented by a mean SOB and to be played by one. I love coaching and my players as coach coop does. This is the exact reason our society is going to hell. Not enough men with testosterone around in charge anymore!

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Need to start busting asses again! I’m for hire if needed! 🇺🇸

Fusey
Waterboy

Post by Fusey »

Fletchlives wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:04 pm Aren't the AD and principal new this year?
Yes

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:15 pm Where to start I’d go to war with coach coop any day of the week! It’s sure not like it used to be. This is Football people invented by a mean SOB and to be played by one. I love coaching and my players as coach coop does. This is the exact reason our society is going to hell. Not enough men with testosterone around in charge anymore!
Someone has been listening to Andrew Tate.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

What happened to when you walked out like that you were off the team? 2 of my kids have graduated from RV, 1 played football and they didn't win more than a handful of games in 4 years, so in comes a coach who yells and makes them work harder than they have to make them better and they complain and walk out? Parents really need to stop telling their kids they are the best and don't need to listen to the coaches, we are seeing it again in jr hi sports with our 3rd, because some peoples mindsets never change. They were the best in hs or the kid was in youth leagues so they already know everything and that is one reason why RV sports are terrible and will never get better.

Return to “Football”