What going on with River Valley football

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: What going on with River Valley football

Post by Geronimo »

The troublemakers might be parents or even the players

I'd say your right !!! Not one player is bigger than the program move on without !!!

Appreciation
Waterboy

Post by Appreciation »

Does anyone actually know the status of RV coaching at this time? I can't find any announcements.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

they had their guy and let him escape to jackson and who got best end of that deal

Buzz
Waterboy

Post by Buzz »

Patrick Brown is the coach this week.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Buzz wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:15 pm Patrick Brown is the coach this week.
Way to put your foot down as an administrative team.

Inmates have officially took over and started running the asylum.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

82nd wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:41 pm they had their guy and let him escape to jackson and who got best end of that deal
Amen.

His son is halfway decent, isn’t he? Grew up on a Raider sideline.

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

It's amazing how far and how quick the program has fallen. Lack of leadership at the top has caused this problem. I just spoke to an AD about this situation and he said "if this happened on his watch there would be no program for the rest of the year if the kids refuse to play for the current coach. Players do not dictate who their coach is. If you don't like the coach don't play or go elsewhere."

Again like others have said if the coach put them in harms way or mistreated a kid then yes that is a fireable offense but that's not what it is sounding like. You walk off the field during practice you're saying you quit. There isn't much of a program anyway with only around 20 kids 9-12 for a DV program. Maybe it's time to play soccer?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Boss429 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:21 am A "dickhead" coach . . . you mean a coach that expects the players to be on time, attend practice, be in the weightroom during the summer, oh and not to mention work hard, to not take vacations after August 1st (when mandatory state practice starts) be unselfish . . . I could go on and on. We need to get rid of "dickhead" fans and parents that make excuses for the kids and blame the coaches. Take your kid to Ironton or 'Burg and see what happens when you don't go to the weightroom, skip practice, take vacations during August . . . I guess Coach Pendleton and Coach Woodward are "dickheads" because they run disciplined first class programs.

Great post. Absloutly great post. You are correct. You DO NOT EVER hear of things like this at Programs like Jackson Ironton Burg and that’s exactly why they are the best programs SEO has to offer. And surely isn’t because of “a$$hole” coaches or catering to the cry babies.

It’s because these programs have HIGH standards, HIGH expectations, discipline, HIGH DEMANDs and everyone involved from the players, coaches, school administrators, to the parents know that if they don’t live up to it. You won’t be playing And someone else that does know how to live to the expectations it’s simply:
They’ll be playing.

All I have seen Cooper do since he got the job is work is ass off to better the program. Get it going into the right direction. Building team chemistry with camp outs camps. Fundraisers. Etc.

When a coach demands your best and he chews you out for it it’s because he/she knows what your full potential is and when you don’t live up to it simply over the lack of effort put forth. Of course that’s gonna get your butt chewed.

Society and its delicate sensibilities and kids growing up with participation trophies You best believe that contributes to this type of situation.

It’s easy to blame someone else rather then look in the mirror and decide for yourself that you be the one to make the change.

Good luck Coach Cooper. If this is a one n done deal YOU WILL find the right program that will embrace your heart , your efforts and your love of high school football.

Hope RV can right the ship.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

Mommy Daddy time.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Aren't the AD and principal new this year?

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

Vike73 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:44 pm Mommy Daddy time.
Yes mommy and daddy ball time. And don't for get G'pa time. :mrgreen:

SlimPickins
Waterboy

Post by SlimPickins »

Since RV was created in 90’s, 3 total winning seasons and the recent ones came when RV was loaded and league competition was way, way down. Not being insulting to anyone, just truthful. 3 winning seasons in all these years with one playoff appearance in their best season ever of 7-3. So, even when loaded with best classes in school history, the highest they’ve achieved is sporadic mediocrity. 7-3 is a huge disappointment to a real program, and these days might get an otherwise winning coach fired!

What this says, is it isn’t a coaching issue good or bad. The “next coach” won’t fix it. In three decades you’ve only achieved mediocrity when you’ve been loaded and your league down. It’s a county leadership / building leadership / parent problem. In other words, “culture”. And congrats to those in leadership and parents at RV for once more wholly embarrassing yourselves for all the world to see. Everyone but yourselves apparently.

I don’t know Cooper at all, but my guess is he’s one more scapegoat for a crap show that never changes the writers or directors, just fires the lead actor and can’t figure out why the show sucks. My advise to coach Brown would be to not get too excited. They’ll hate you and blame you within 2 weeks as well.

Best thing would be for brilliant county leadership to form a parent coaching cohort and let them finally have their shot to prove the same football expertise they display here.

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

SlimPickins wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:18 pm Since RV was created in 90’s, 3 total winning seasons and the recent ones came when RV was loaded and league competition was way, way down. Not being insulting to anyone, just truthful. 3 winning seasons in all these years with one playoff appearance in their best season ever of 7-3. So, even when loaded with best classes in school history, the highest they’ve achieved is sporadic mediocrity. 7-3 is a huge disappointment to a real program, and these days might get an otherwise winning coach fired!

What this says, is it isn’t a coaching issue good or bad. The “next coach” won’t fix it. In three decades you’ve only achieved mediocrity when you’ve been loaded and your league down. It’s a county leadership / building leadership / parent problem. In other words, “culture”. And congrats to those in leadership and parents at RV for once more wholly embarrassing yourselves for all the world to see. Everyone but yourselves apparently.

I don’t know Cooper at all, but my guess is he’s one more scapegoat for a crap show that never changes the writers or directors, just fires the lead actor and can’t figure out why the show sucks. My advise to coach Brown would be to not get too excited. They’ll hate you and blame you within 2 weeks as well.

Best thing would be for brilliant county leadership to form a parent coaching cohort and let them finally have their shot to prove the same football expertise they display here.
Parent and grandparent coaching cohort would be just dandy. :mrgreen:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

A smart man told me a long time ago, like 40 some years, “You either change the culture or over time the culture changes you!” Sadly over the years I have found this to be true!

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

Don't be too quick to sell daddy ball short. It can work wonders for a program. Throw G'pa in with daddy and you might just build yourself a dynasty. :mrgreen:

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Did they walk out of a practice?

SlimPickins
Waterboy

Post by SlimPickins »

Ironmen34 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:18 pm Did they walk out of a practice?
It was an organized team mutiny, apparently. Organized by whom remains to be seen.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:51 pm
82nd wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:41 pm they had their guy and let him escape to jackson and who got best end of that deal
Amen.

His son is halfway decent, isn’t he? Grew up on a Raider sideline.
how does that happen and people ok with it unreal to me.

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

SlimPickins wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:30 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:18 pm Did they walk out of a practice?
It was an organized team mutiny, apparently. Organized by whom remains to be seen.
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't one of the assistant coaches who is a daddy. haha

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

K00ND0GGER wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:08 pm Don't be too quick to sell daddy ball short. It can work wonders for a program. Throw G'pa in with daddy and you might just build yourself a dynasty. :mrgreen:

You said the same exact same thing about Trimble ???

Coach Scott Cooper the HC has NO kids on this team?

I don’t understand your statement about “daddy” “mommy”
“g-pa” ball???

Or you simply just trolling threads stirring the pot with the same statements about struggling programs ????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”