What going on with River Valley football

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Heard the team walked off the field.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
Buzz
Waterboy

Re: What going on with River Valley football

Post by Buzz »

Administration let’s the kids run the show.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'm guessing there has to be much more to it then that, IF that is indeed what happened.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Administration should of kept coach Peck ??? JMO

Michigan n Trumbull
Riding the Bench

Post by Michigan n Trumbull »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:58 am Administration should of kept coach Peck ??? JMO
I agree with you Geronimo!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Hope to God this isn't true. Really hope not.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

If this is true, RV just s*** the bed again! It's insane how much of a dumpster fire this program is.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

What happened? let us know...

Buzz
Waterboy

Post by Buzz »

They are supposed to make a decision today.

Buzz
Waterboy

Post by Buzz »

Kids don’t like the coach.
It’s sad

Run baby run
Freshman Team

Post by Run baby run »

This program is destined to be terrible.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Buzz wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:20 am They are supposed to make a decision today.
I don't know the situation and what happened, but if it comes down to just the players not liking the coach and deciding not to play and this allows the administration the ability to Fire the Coach because of this then it's a Terrible example being set. Administration should back the coach and not give the players the option of Firing someone, unless this coach did something to jeopardize their safety or use unprofessionalism towards the team. Again, maybe that happened, I don't know, but we cannot allow players to dictate who coaches. horrible precedent if so!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Players do not have to like a coach but have to respect him! Did the players walk out of practice or did the coach walk out of practice?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Fire the trouble makers move on !!!

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:00 pm
Buzz wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:20 am They are supposed to make a decision today.
I don't know the situation and what happened, but if it comes down to just the players not liking the coach and deciding not to play and this allows the administration the ability to Fire the Coach because of this then it's a Terrible example being set. Administration should back the coach and not give the players the option of Firing someone, unless this coach did something to jeopardize their safety or use unprofessionalism towards the team. Again, maybe that happened, I don't know, but we cannot allow players to dictate who coaches. horrible precedent if so!
Agree 💯, and if he’s one of these dickhead coaches that the players hate , then just quit or transfer. When 5 players show up to play guess they’ll have another decision to make. Some coaches are just total a@@holes.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:15 am Fire the trouble makers move on !!!
The troublemakers might be parents or even the players

Boss429
Waterboy

Post by Boss429 »

A "dickhead" coach . . . you mean a coach that expects the players to be on time, attend practice, be in the weightroom during the summer, oh and not to mention work hard, to not take vacations after August 1st (when mandatory state practice starts) be unselfish . . . I could go on and on. We need to get rid of "dickhead" fans and parents that make excuses for the kids and blame the coaches. Take your kid to Ironton or 'Burg and see what happens when you don't go to the weightroom, skip practice, take vacations during August . . . I guess Coach Pendleton and Coach Woodward are "dickheads" because they run disciplined first class programs.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Boss429 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:21 am A "dickhead" coach . . . you mean a coach that expects the players to be on time, attend practice, be in the weightroom during the summer, oh and not to mention work hard, to not take vacations after August 1st (when mandatory state practice starts) be unselfish . . . I could go on and on. We need to get rid of "dickhead" fans and parents that make excuses for the kids and blame the coaches. Take your kid to Ironton or 'Burg and see what happens when you don't go to the weightroom, skip practice, take vacations during August . . . I guess Coach Pendleton and Coach Woodward are "dickheads" because they run disciplined first class programs.
My kids have graduated years ago and certainly didn’t attend River Valley. I don’t know the situation here and you may be 💯 correct. But a@@hole coaches can be issues as well as entitled kids and parents.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Boss429-honestly I do not know what is going on but the problems you mentioned were all faced by Coach Peck.
Last edited by MTSWNGRVSG on Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Boss429 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:21 am A "dickhead" coach . . . you mean a coach that expects the players to be on time, attend practice, be in the weightroom during the summer, oh and not to mention work hard, to not take vacations after August 1st (when mandatory state practice starts) be unselfish . . . I could go on and on. We need to get rid of "dickhead" fans and parents that make excuses for the kids and blame the coaches. Take your kid to Ironton or 'Burg and see what happens when you don't go to the weightroom, skip practice, take vacations during August . . . I guess Coach Pendleton and Coach Woodward are "dickheads" because they run disciplined first class programs.
A truth that some parents just don't want to face up to. Little Johnny should be starting even if he doesn't feel like going to practice and if he doesn't get to start then the coach needs to be fired. If that doesn't help then Johnny's daddy will just take the coaching job and then Johnny will start for sure. If wee call in and complain enough and go to some board meetings to complain they will eventually give us what we want and Johnny will be rewarded for being fat and lazy, as he should be.

Return to “Football”