Portsmouth West 49 - 42 Waverly 2022

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Re: WK 6 : Waverly (2-3) @ Portsmouth West (4-1)

Post by Waverlyintheday »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:35 am
Waverlyintheday wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:49 am
allaboutsports wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:17 am

I would like to see him throw it out there little farther too, however Kelley is only one who goes up and gets the ball and his line with 2 hurt is struggling. Qb was solid this week and getting better and better, need to keep developing him because may struggle in run game next year.
#17 does not do anything positive. I would like to see a 5-2 with logan and Q at linebacker and Wyatt and Legend at d ends. #5 at safety and 2 and 6 at corners. As for containment I was told our coaches will not allow our d ends to move out at all. Legend has tried to move out to be on outside shoulder so he can contain and they keep telling him to move back in and he gets tied up. Was told Q was told his job was to take out the fullback last week was his only job at LB. I can not imagine them being told to do either.
I agree with you but think Wyatt and Pollard are both great as well and will go get the ball. The other spot someone needs to step up, so far I would say Tanner or Jamison needs more of a shot or Carson or #3
D needs to go to 5-2 I agree with you there, unless its a throwing team which we really have not faced yet.
Love to see the other spot step up more, I will say against JC those guys did get open but the ball was late getting to them. Mason is young and he'll learn on those deeper throws you have to throw guys open by simply getting it out early and letting them get by ppl. Kody caught a TD but he also had his guy beat on the 4th down play for a TD, on that one though I think QB had a guy barreling down right as he threw the ball. Cade would've had a TD late in the game again just didn't throw it far enough would've been an easy TD. I really like how these young guys have progressed, especially Kelly at QB he's still making the simple mistakes but he's also making some really nice throws at times. This team over the next couple years could put up HUGE numbers with Kelly at QB and the guys they have on the outside. Tanner and Jamison I think you're seeing getting in more on offense, loved that #3 Mason Sparks is stepping up and starting to fill a role as well, they've got guys like Logan and Carson who can take the top off the defense even if you just give them 2-3 shots per game those are your burners who can get over the top. Logan is strong in a jump ball situation as well, that's why you seen him getting in there against JC they wanted the jump ball just hadn't worked on it.
I believe he is used to throwing to Hudson and Wyatt and they don't seem to miss a lot. I think he is young and still makes errors. I do believe he will be one of the good ones to go through by time he is a senior. I am not a fan of not going to your best WR when you get in red zone. Putting a kid in and throwing a lob to him is a joke kind of a smack in face to Hudson, Pollard, Wyatt. Those 3 well 2 of 3 never get rewarded and its a joke. You sure would not of seen that last year. They rewarded there WR and padded there stats.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:38 am
Waverlyintheday wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:49 am

I agree with you but think Wyatt and Pollard are both great as well and will go get the ball. The other spot someone needs to step up, so far I would say Tanner or Jamison needs more of a shot or Carson or #3
D needs to go to 5-2 I agree with you there, unless its a throwing team which we really have not faced yet.
Love to see the other spot step up more, I will say against JC those guys did get open but the ball was late getting to them. Mason is young and he'll learn on those deeper throws you have to throw guys open by simply getting it out early and letting them get by ppl. Kody caught a TD but he also had his guy beat on the 4th down play for a TD, on that one though I think QB had a guy barreling down right as he threw the ball. Cade would've had a TD late in the game again just didn't throw it far enough would've been an easy TD. I really like how these young guys have progressed, especially Kelly at QB he's still making the simple mistakes but he's also making some really nice throws at times. This team over the next couple years could put up HUGE numbers with Kelly at QB and the guys they have on the outside. Tanner and Jamison I think you're seeing getting in more on offense, loved that #3 Mason Sparks is stepping up and starting to fill a role as well, they've got guys like Logan and Carson who can take the top off the defense even if you just give them 2-3 shots per game those are your burners who can get over the top. Logan is strong in a jump ball situation as well, that's why you seen him getting in there against JC they wanted the jump ball just hadn't worked on it.
I believe he is used to throwing to Hudson and Wyatt and they don't seem to miss a lot. I think he is young and still makes errors. I do believe he will be one of the good ones to go through by time he is a senior. I am not a fan of not going to your best WR when you get in red zone. Putting a kid in and throwing a lob to him is a joke kind of a smack in face to Hudson, Pollard, Wyatt. Those 3 well 2 of 3 never get rewarded and its a joke. You sure would not of seen that last year. They rewarded there WR and padded there stats.
I agree go to you go to guys, the 2 lobs to end zone was bad calls. Neither one of them should be on offensive side of the ball, would of loved to see look on Futhey and Morrison face last year if they put other kids in every time they get in red zone. Thanks Will for getting us down the field but lets put in this kid to get the TD LOL

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

allaboutsports wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 am
Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:38 am

I agree go to you go to guys, the 2 lobs to end zone was bad calls. Neither one of them should be on offensive side of the ball, would of loved to see look on Futhey and Morrison face last year if they put other kids in every time they get in red zone. Thanks Will for getting us down the field but lets put in this kid to get the TD LOL
I would agree with you all as well, They never got any meaningful reps last year even when blowing teams out. I do not believe they should of been put in to catch td's over starters; however, I know Hudson never was put in at WR and thrown too at all. Not a good way to build confidence or develop players, they rode there talent to much over past and paying for it now.
I for one would of loved to seen parents faces last year if they pulled the stuff they do on these kids this year.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

I would like to see Tanner get a shot and give him some real reps. He is a strong boy who will block good and has good hands. I think he would play hard every play. I like to see Jamison get some reps and see if he runs and catches and blocks well, see if he goes hard every play. I like Logan on defense not on offense and his brother should be playing jv and work on getting better. Play every down, work on running the right routes. Takes way to many plays off, quits on his routes. There is no shame in playing Jv as a sophmore its where he belongs. Not sure why all these parents are pushing so hard for there kids to play varsity so young. When my kids played I wanted them to get better at JV and not get hurt. My advice is to quit trying to relive your high school years through your kids. It is there turn to experience it, not everyone is ready at 14 to face 19 year olds and its ok to play JV as 9th and 10th graders.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

I hope we are ready for Friday good luck to the coaches and the players who ever is on that field even though I personally don't agree with some being out there, I hope they get better each week and play hard. Don't take plays off or go 75%. If you ever watched Will run WR last year you know he went 110% every play. For the kids who feel they are getting the shaft, if your number is called go 110% and quit complaining. Hard work pays off, there are several kids that are seniors with multiple college offers to play football at next level. One at about every position, seems coaches doing something right.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I think this has the makings for a good game. This was a very competitive game last year. West just needs to stay focused and play a clean football game. If they do they are hard to beat.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:53 am I think this has the makings for a good game. This was a very competitive game last year. West just needs to stay focused and play a clean football game. If they do they are hard to beat.
I think it's very possible this game ends up closer than some believe, while Waverly is still trying to find their way their last 3 opponents are a combines 12-3 and JC probably beats most teams in this area. West is an excellent team and they were my pre-season pick for the SOCII title and so far nothing has shown me any different. Good Luck to both teams stay healthy and safe.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

I agree it’s very possible. If Waverly can come up with some stops on Defense and Hurd runs wild, It very well could be a close one.

WWE HALL OF FAME
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If West can expose their dominance in this game, it will turn my head. Waverly seems to be struggling so if West wants to show that its a SOC contender, tonight is the night.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Only saw little of west and I think the two teams look fairly evenly matched. I’ll take waverly in a close one

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Good luck to the tigers would love to see a win change the narrative of the season this far

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Big game tonight. This will be the test to see where we stand. Need to establish dominance early and roll. Go Siders

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:19 pm Only saw little of west and I think the two teams look fairly evenly matched. I’ll take waverly in a close one
Love the optimism, but West simply has better talent and more experience to bring to bear in the 70th meeting between the two schools. I think Waverly fans would be happy if their Tigers would just show improvement in execution and avoid further injury to body and psyche.

West 35 Waverly 7

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Any feed that is free and you don't have to register?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

toast wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:00 pm Any feed that is free and you don't have to register?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zk7Fa_RRj1Q

Not great camera angle though

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

West 7 Waverly 0 late first.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

West 7 Waverly 0 end of 1

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

West 14 Waverly 0 early Q2

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

West 21 Waverly 0 late Q2

Surprised by West's deep pass capability.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

West 21 Waverly 7 just before half

Return to “Football”