Wheelersburg 42 - 0 Minford 2022

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: Minford at Burg picks

Post by THEEE_GAME »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:32 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:13 pm Minfords tradition is falling short vs Burg. Nothing changes this season. Burgs run game will be enough to win here. They don't get in trouble until they play a team talented enough to make them be balanced to score. Then they struggle. Defense has been stingy but it has also gave up yards and big plays here and there. If you put the O on the spot to get it done for Burg they can find themselves in trouble. Burg seems to have an offensive identity, they are just not fond of it, or doesen't trust it yet in big games. The young freshman qb is still good enough to utilize in situational scenarios and that could be impactful if utilized correctly. Run game is still solid but it needs complimented when the quality of opponent elevates. Too good not to use it to setup. Burg can get their athletic guys to the edge on minford they can potentially create some big chunk plays. Pound the power back. Get Lattimore to the edge & in space. Let QB1 move around n pocket & also create chance w legs, throw in a lil PA. Minford has a tendency though especially in recent seasons, to make this a tight game. If it is tight late at home for Burg and Minford stacks up against the run, I'll be curious to see if the offense & play calling become tight again as they have a tendency to do in the post Holden years, who acted like a life jacket for Burgs offense during his tenure. Burgs also a defensive team and a grind it out on O team now in comparison to past style of play. They can dominate the ball or fall in a hole potentially & about equally each week. Burg is physical and sound fundamentally per as usual, run game is good enough to also control games. Minford cant score enough fri night to apply real pressure. Or burg better hope they can't.

Minford keys to an upset win: go up by at least 13 & burg will start to feel big time pressure in front of the home crowd. If its close burg wins 10/10 times. Need to establish a lead and apply pressure.

Close one. But the pirates get a decisive win at home to start conf play.
darn!! A logical, objective, and excellent analysis of the game without any of your typical pot-stirring BS.

Well said!!
Appreciate it. I may occassionally jab burg fans because of some of their nonsensical narratives, but it's all in fun. I know this game pretty well. Lol

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:13 pm Minfords tradition is falling short vs Burg. Nothing changes this season. Burgs run game will be enough to win here. They don't get in trouble until they play a team talented enough to make them be balanced to score. Then they struggle. Defense has been stingy but it has also gave up yards and big plays here and there. If you put the O on the spot to get it done for Burg they can find themselves in trouble. Burg seems to have an offensive identity, they are just not fond of it, or doesen't trust it yet in big games. The young freshman qb is still good enough to utilize in situational scenarios and that could be impactful if utilized correctly. Run game is still solid but it needs complimented when the quality of opponent elevates. Too good not to use it to setup. Burg can get their athletic guys to the edge on minford they can potentially create some big chunk plays. Pound the power back. Get Lattimore to the edge & in space. Let QB1 move around n pocket & also create chance w legs, throw in a lil PA. Minford has a tendency though especially in recent seasons, to make this a tight game. If it is tight late at home for Burg and Minford stacks up against the run, I'll be curious to see if the offense & play calling become tight again as they have a tendency to do in the post Holden years, who acted like a life jacket for Burgs offense during his tenure. Burgs also a defensive team and a grind it out on O team now in comparison to past style of play. They can dominate the ball or fall in a hole potentially & about equally each week. Burg is physical and sound fundamentally per as usual, run game is good enough to also control games. Minford cant score enough fri night to apply real pressure. Or burg better hope they can't.

Minford keys to an upset win: go up by at least 13 & burg will start to feel big time pressure in front of the home crowd. If its close burg wins 10/10 times. Need to establish a lead and apply pressure.

darn!! A logical, objective, and excellent analysis of the game without any of your typical pot-stirring BS.

Well said!!
he must've taken his meds that day.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Burg wins this one handedly, but I expect Minford to put some points on the board, similar to the Ashland game. While I feel they do tackle well, Burg's secondary has major issues in coverage, Caudill will take advantage on a couple deep balls.

Burg needs to utilize this game (and every SOC game) to work on the passing game with Jones & Co.
Rucker isn't going to lead this team to playoff wins, this season. It's gonna have to be Jones, and he has got to get some help. Arthur wants to play at the next level, but he has yet to put much on tape to facilitate that dream. Big drops vs Jackson + the fumble. Gotta shake that game off and become a reliable pass catcher.

Salyers (OC) needs to figure out what he wants to accomplish as a play caller. 2 very different game plans in each half last week, came out with an identity, using the run to setup PA, then went away from the passing game in the second half. Cant be scared, keep the pressure up - even if those passes are incomplete, it's about keeping the defense honest.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:06 am

Well said!!
Nah I visited your wife earlier before posting and she helped me relax.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:14 am Burg wins this one handedly, but I expect Minford to put some points on the board, similar to the Ashland game. While I feel they do tackle well, Burg's secondary has major issues in coverage, Caudill will take advantage on a couple deep balls.

Burg needs to utilize this game (and every SOC game) to work on the passing game with Jones & Co.
Rucker isn't going to lead this team to playoff wins, this season. It's gonna have to be Jones, and he has got to get some help. Arthur wants to play at the next level, but he has yet to put much on tape to facilitate that dream. Big drops vs Jackson + the fumble. Gotta shake that game off and become a reliable pass catcher.

Salyers (OC) needs to figure out what he wants to accomplish as a play caller. 2 very different game plans in each half last week, came out with an identity, using the run to setup PA, then went away from the passing game in the second half. Cant be scared, keep the pressure up - even if those passes are incomplete, it's about keeping the defense honest.

You are correct in Burg seems to be afraid to throw the ball even though they have one of the better receiving TE's in Arthur!! He has great hands. the fumble was just unfortunate and was just a great play by the Jackson defender. He is open most of the time just past the LB's on every pass play. if Jones can't make the throws it's time to make the change. Can't go into the playoffs not being able to throw the ball and keeping the defense on their toes.

I still would like to see Bryson Williams calling the plays. Been on the staff a long time and would do a great job!!!

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

imo, I'm not sure Bryson would be the answer either, think he needs to focus on that secondary.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:52 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:06 am

Well said!!
Nah I visited your wife earlier before posting and she helped me relax.
yo momma

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg!!!!

Burg grad 85
2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Burg Big, I saw Minford vs. WCH and it's just not there for the Falcons on many levels.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

2quick2catch wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:41 am Burg Big, I saw Minford vs. WCH and it's just not there for the Falcons on many levels.
I agree.

Minford is too you and doesn’t have the depth to keep this one close for very long. Much like the WCH game.
Wheelersburg will pull away and prove to be too physical in the second half, much like Jackson did against them last week.

14-7 half
35-7 Final Pirates.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:43 pm
2quick2catch wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:41 am Burg Big, I saw Minford vs. WCH and it's just not there for the Falcons on many levels.
I agree.

Minford is too you and doesn’t have the depth to keep this one close for very long. Much like the WCH game.
Wheelersburg will pull away and prove to be too physical in the second half, much like Jackson did against them last week.

14-7 half
35-7 Final Pirates.
Unless Minford changes things schematically this one will be out of reach by half.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I agree.

14-7 half
35-7 Final Pirates.
That's not what happened at all with Jackson. Jackson QB connected on two big passes. One was when Burg was caught in a Corner Blitz and the other was a deep ball by Winters perfectly thrown, defender had great coverage but the pass was on point. Rushing, Jackson average 3.3 yards per carry. With burg having 5.8. Other than that Burg only punted one time, moved the ball all night. Just couldn't punch it in, and fumbled at a crucial time.

I was thinking this would be close as well for awhile but I don't think it will be this year. I think Burg will have 28+ before halftime.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:58 pm
I agree.

14-7 half
35-7 Final Pirates.
That's not what happened at all with Jackson. Jackson QB connected on two big passes. One was when Burg was caught in a Corner Blitz and the other was a deep ball by Winters perfectly thrown, defender had great coverage but the pass was on point. Rushing, Jackson average 3.3 yards per carry. With burg having 5.8. Other than that Burg only punted one time, moved the ball all night. Just couldn't punch it in, and fumbled at a crucial time.

I was thinking this would be close as well for awhile but I don't think it will be this year. I think Burg will have 28+ before halftime.
BS, I was at that game and Jackson dominated and pushed the Pirates around the whole 4th quarter. It was men against boys. In the 4th quarter, 3rd and 20 and Jackson converts on more than one occasion. Ok, whatever you say dude. Lol. Oh yeah and the Ironman ran the ball down burgs throat on those must stops, they didn’t make a fluke pass.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:32 pm

I agree.

14-7 half
35-7 Final Pirates.

BS, I was at that game and Jackson dominated and pushed the Pirates around the whole 4th quarter. It was men against boys. In the 4th quarter, 3rd and 20 and Jackson converts on more than one occasion. Ok, whatever you say dude. Lol. Oh yeah and the Ironman ran the ball down burgs throat on those must stops, they didn’t make a fluke pass.
Stats tell a different story. 3.3 yards per carry is big running it down anyones throat. Their longest run of 30 yards did come at the fourth quarter. If that’s the bullying you are taking about. Ironman made plays when they need to. Even contest.
Last edited by wobycat on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Lol! Ok then, How many times did Jackson convert on 3rd down in the 4th quarter? Hint, it was every time they had the ball. Burg got pushed around, not the whole game but in fact in the 4th quarter that was the case. Burg had chances to get the bal back and tie the game, but the Ironman kept imposing their will by running the ball straight down burgs throat. I also counted on 3 occasions when burg d-linemen getting pancaked blocked.
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I agree.

14-7 half
35-7 Final Pirates.

Men against boys? Jackson's QB got out of the pocket and converted two 3rd and longs. Dude is 6'2" 215lbs, so nothing to be ashamed of for Burg linebackers. Burg otherwise controlled line of scrimmage on both sides of ball the rest of game. Only Difference was Jackson finished their drives and Burg didn't.

As for this game, I think Minford keeps it close for a little bit in second half before Burg pulls away. I'll say Burg wins 31-13. Minford has some real solid underclassmen though and should be a legit threat to Burg and West next 2 years.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:00 pm Lol! Ok then, How many times did Jackson convert on 3rd down in the 4th quarter? Hint, it was every time they had the ball. Burg got pushed around, not the whole game but in fact I’m the 4th quarter that was the case.
Lol. On the final drive, yes they converted two 3rd downs. Big deal. They already had the game won at that point. Claiming it was men against boys is when you own the game from start to finish. The game was 13 to 12 Jackson with 11 min to go when they fumbled at the 30 yard line of Jackson. That’s when the 30 yard run came. Three plays later was the play action pass that was on the money from their qb. Great defense but the pass was spectacular. Burg drives right back down the field and fails to convert a 4 and 2. Deep in Jackson territory.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm

Men against boys? Jackson's QB got out of the pocket and converted two 3rd and longs. Dude is 6'2" 215lbs, so nothing to be ashamed of for Burg linebackers. Burg otherwise controlled line of scrimmage on both sides of ball the rest of game. Only Difference was Jackson finished their drives and Burg didn't.

As for this game, I think Minford keeps it close for a little bit in second half before Burg pulls away. I'll say Burg wins 31-13. Minford has some real solid underclassmen though and should be a legit threat to Burg and West next 2 years.*
I agree with minford in a few years but this year I don’t think will be like the last two. I think burg dominates start to finish. No slow start

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm

How many times did Jackson convert on 3rd down in the 4th quarter? How many times were burgs d line pancaked blocked to the ground in 4thquarter?
Jackson out muscled burg in the second half and burg could do nothing to stop the Ironman. That’s why Jackson won.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I suppose Not many since burg had one more first down than Jackson for the game.

I went back and looked. It was twice. Both by the qb.
Last edited by wobycat on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”