Varsity

Wheelersburg 42 - 0 Minford 2022

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg by 17

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Re: Minford at Burg picks

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Minford normally plays out of their minds vs Burg! Burg with the tougher non league schedule so I will go with them 31-12

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well as we all know Minford has put together some close games against Burg as of late. However, I think with the youth Minford has at certain positions particularly the QB spot just don’t know that I see Minford keeping it close this time. Burg by 21

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Good game early, Burg pulls away late.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:05 am Good game early, Burg pulls away late.
Agree.

Advantage Burg has over all SOC teams is depth. Example of this was last year’s game against Minford where Minford played well but just simply wore down as the game went on.

Expect the same this year…

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Minford battles. Burg finds a way like they normally do

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Burg after losing to the Ironmen will probably bounce back with a pretty convincing win against the Falcons.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Wheelersburg leads the series 61-6 all time but the last four games have been nip and tuck. Minford seems to bring their best for this game.

Last four games:
2019: Burg 21 Minford 20 (OT)
2019 Playoffs: Burg 28 Minford 23
2020: Burg 42 Minford 28
2021: Burg 24 Minford 20

Here’s Minford’s 6 wins:

1964: Minford 20 Burg 0
1985: Minford 28 Burg 21 (OT)
2000: Minford 24 Burg 14
2000 Playoffs: Minford 28 Burg 0
2003: Minford 10 Burg 0
2009: Minford 16 Burg 15

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:07 pm Wheelersburg leads the series 61-6 all time but the last four games have been nip and tuck. Minford seems to bring their best for this game.

Last four games:
2019: Burg 21 Minford 20 (OT)
2019 Playoffs: Burg 28 Minford 23
2020: Burg 42 Minford 28
2021: Burg 24 Minford 20

Here’s Minford’s 6 wins:

1964: Minford 20 Burg 0
1985: Minford 28 Burg 21 (OT)
2000: Minford 24 Burg 14
2000 Playoffs: Minford 28 Burg 0
2003: Minford 10 Burg 0
2009: Minford 16 Burg 15
I expect this one to be like the last 3

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Going with burg on this one comfortably. Minford QB is a dandy but this will be a tough environment for him early.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Minford plays burg tough every year but not this year. I think burg wins by 21 or more. No way they lose 2 in a row.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Minfords tradition is falling short vs Burg. Nothing changes this season. Burgs run game will be enough to win here. They don't get in trouble until they play a team talented enough to make them be balanced to score. Then they struggle. Defense has been stingy but it has also gave up yards and big plays here and there. If you put the O on the spot to get it done for Burg they can find themselves in trouble. Burg seems to have an offensive identity, they are just not fond of it, or doesen't trust it yet in big games. The young freshman qb is still good enough to utilize in situational scenarios and that could be impactful if utilized correctly. Run game is still solid but it needs complimented when the quality of opponent elevates. Too good not to use it to setup. Burg can get their athletic guys to the edge on minford they can potentially create some big chunk plays. Pound the power back. Get Lattimore to the edge & in space. Let QB1 move around n pocket & also create chance w legs, throw in a lil PA. Minford has a tendency though especially in recent seasons, to make this a tight game. If it is tight late at home for Burg and Minford stacks up against the run, I'll be curious to see if the offense & play calling become tight again as they have a tendency to do in the post Holden years, who acted like a life jacket for Burgs offense during his tenure. Burgs also a defensive team and a grind it out on O team now in comparison to past style of play. They can dominate the ball or fall in a hole potentially & about equally each week. Burg is physical and sound fundamentally per as usual, run game is good enough to also control games. Minford cant score enough fri night to apply real pressure. Or burg better hope they can't.

Minford keys to an upset win: go up by at least 13 & burg will start to feel big time pressure in front of the home crowd. If its close burg wins 10/10 times. Need to establish a lead and apply pressure.

Close one. But the pirates get a decisive win at home to start conf play.

SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

I think it will be close initially but Burg will pull away. Something like 35-21. Minford hasn’t been battle tested, Burg has. Minford played one good team and got smoked. Burg’s lack of consistent passing helps Minford as Minford’s run D is significantly better than their passing D. Minford QB will be very good the next few years, but I’m not sure he’s ready for Burg’s D. Will have to win with his legs to give Minford a chance I think.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Burg run offense is legit. Passing offense is not.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg at home after a home loss vs Minford with a young QB

Tough scenario for Minford

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:13 pm Minfords tradition is falling short vs Burg. Nothing changes this season. Burgs run game will be enough to win here. They don't get in trouble until they play a team talented enough to make them be balanced to score. Then they struggle. Defense has been stingy but it has also gave up yards and big plays here and there. If you put the O on the spot to get it done for Burg they can find themselves in trouble. Burg seems to have an offensive identity, they are just not fond of it, or doesen't trust it yet in big games. The young freshman qb is still good enough to utilize in situational scenarios and that could be impactful if utilized correctly. Run game is still solid but it needs complimented when the quality of opponent elevates. Too good not to use it to setup. Burg can get their athletic guys to the edge on minford they can potentially create some big chunk plays. Pound the power back. Get Lattimore to the edge & in space. Let QB1 move around n pocket & also create chance w legs, throw in a lil PA. Minford has a tendency though especially in recent seasons, to make this a tight game. If it is tight late at home for Burg and Minford stacks up against the run, I'll be curious to see if the offense & play calling become tight again as they have a tendency to do in the post Holden years, who acted like a life jacket for Burgs offense during his tenure. Burgs also a defensive team and a grind it out on O team now in comparison to past style of play. They can dominate the ball or fall in a hole potentially & about equally each week. Burg is physical and sound fundamentally per as usual, run game is good enough to also control games. Minford cant score enough fri night to apply real pressure. Or burg better hope they can't.

Minford keys to an upset win: go up by at least 13 & burg will start to feel big time pressure in front of the home crowd. If its close burg wins 10/10 times. Need to establish a lead and apply pressure.

Close one. But the pirates get a decisive win at home to start conf play.
darn!! A logical, objective, and excellent analysis of the game without any of your typical pot-stirring BS.

Well said!!

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Burg D is good very good....excellent line play on both sides of the ball.....I cant see Minford scoring enough points in this 1.....Burgs names the score

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

In order for Minford to have a chance, they need to make this a low scoring game like Jackson and Ironton did. Burg is very good up front and even though their passing game looks anemic, Im not sure if Minford can sell out and load the box to stop the run. On the flip side, Minford will need to sustain drives offensively, which will be another tough challenge against Burg's defense.

Jackson and Ironton laid the blueprint to beat Burg, we will see if Minford has the horses to pull it off.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:24 am In order for Minford to have a chance, they need to make this a low scoring game like Jackson and Ironton did. Burg is very good up front and even though their passing game looks anemic, Im not sure if Minford can sell out and load the box to stop the run. On the flip side, Minford will need to sustain drives offensively, which will be another tough challenge against Burg's defense.

Jackson and Ironton laid the blueprint to beat Burg, we will see if Minford has the horses to pull it off.
I think everyone has known the blue print, it's just a matter of having the athletes or enough of them to pull it off. Minford simply to young at this point in time, I really don't see this being close unless Burg makes too many mistakes.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Burg by 3 TD’s

WWE HALL OF FAME

Return to “Football”