Coal Grove 42 - 43 Portsmouth 2022

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Coal Grove 42 - 43 Portsmouth 2022

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Just got home what a game. Could of should of but Portsmouth should be 5-1. West the only team to really beat them. Trojans played great but in my opinion coal groves coach lost the game for them. Running the same exact 2 pt conversion and not getting it. They need a kicker. I’d like to see the hall kicks stats. Glad the Trojans won but opposing coach lost that game for them. 6-4 is a reality for Portsmouth and they should get them in the playoffs.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

Special teams about bit Portsmouth again giving up the touchdown return. Hall looked like a man out there.

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:56 pm Just got home what a game. Could of should of but Portsmouth should be 5-1. West the only team to really beat them. Trojans played great but in my opinion coal groves coach lost the game for them. Running the same exact 2 pt conversion and not getting it. They need a kicker. I’d like to see the hall kicks stats. Glad the Trojans won but opposing coach lost that game for them. 6-4 is a reality for Portsmouth and they should get them in the playoffs.
You are correct it was a heck of a game Coal Grove could have quit going down 2 scores in the first half and then Portsmouth getting the ball to start the second half and getting inside the 10 but they kept fighting and took the lead but couldn’t stop Portsmouth offense in the 4th. Have no idea why you run the same 2 point conversion play right up the middle when they are stacked 11 guys right in the middle. Why not run a pitch to the outside or just kick the extra point and tie the game? Either way good game by Portsmouth

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

This game is always high scoring.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Good game, Grove needs to fix 2 point conversion play calling. I believe everyone in the stadium knew who was getting the ball on go ahead attempt. Also, need to work on pass defense which seems to be an issue every year along with proper tackling technique.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Just another Portsmouth Trojans football game with lots of points by both teams. Last night was the first time that the Trojans won at Coal Grove since joining the OVC in 2015.

Tyler Duncan and his trio of receivers, Jayden Duncan, Reade Pendleton, and Nolan Heiland, had a great game which gave the Hornets' pass defense fits. Conversely, Coal Grove's ground attack punished the Trojans for a lot of yards, big plays, and multiple TD's. Chase Hall had another stellar performance for the Hornets.

Portsmouth is still plenty alive to see the week 11 playoffs, but anything less than 5-5 probably won't be good enough. 6-4 looks promising only if the Trojans can win their next 3 games (Chesapeake, Fairland, and South Point). PHS will be a huge underdog to Ironton.

I don't know if there's any team in the SE district that can say that in 5 of 6 games that the total points scored by both teams combined has been at least 56 points. But that's Portsmouth football. Not championship level by any means, but if you want to be entertained with offense, Trojan games have no shortage of it.

GO TROJANS!!

MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

Trojans bounce up to number 8 in the region. I like it!

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

2trap_4ever wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:32 am Good game, Grove needs to fix 2 point conversion play calling. I believe everyone in the stadium knew who was getting the ball on go ahead attempt. Also, need to work on pass defense which seems to be an issue every year along with proper tackling technique.
CG is really young on defense. I believe there were 3 maybe 4 freshmen in the secondary. And I hate to see shoulder tackling. Don’t know why it’s so hard to teach wrapping up.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After last week's game, Congrats Trojans on a very hard-earned victory.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Huge win for the Trojans last night. Really proud the boys never gave up. If a shootout is what it takes to win then so be it. Defense wasn’t great, but stepped up when they absolutely had to, like on the 2pt conversions. Hall for CG is a monster, they literally could not stop him all night. Special teams once again were not good for Portsmouth. Needs some serious work. However the offense was great per usual. Truett should be the starting RB instead of Hammonds. I’m not really sure why they don’t make the move. I’ve said it all year. 5-5 or 6-4 is looking like a real possibility, with the playoffs looking very attainable. Portsmouth easily could be 5-1 right now. Can’t believe we are already onto week 7. Go Trojans!

Who Dey!

Return to “Football”