Oak Hill 7 - 35 Valley 2022

transplant
SE

Re: WK6 Oak Hill v Valley

Post by transplant »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:05 pm Who were the guys on the livestream?
Was Jason Fell for valley. Not sure who was on there from oak hill.

Izladoom
All State

Re: Oak Hill 7 - 35 Valley 2022

Post by Izladoom »

Valley played their best game tonight they could have given up after the loss last week but they didn’t and they made a lot of changes tonight so we will see how the rest of the season goes but they will be the underdog in their remaining 4 games

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:01 am Valley played their best game tonight they could have given up after the loss last week but they didn’t and they made a lot of changes tonight so we will see how the rest of the season goes but they will be the underdog in their remaining 4 games
I think it was their best game too. But I read last week’s stuff after the Northwest game and never thought it was a lack of adjustment or bad calls. It was always bad tackling, special teams mistakes, penalties and the D line not playing well. The d line being the biggest thing most nights. As an old lineman myself it was tough to see the d line struggle so much.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Oak hill has a pretty darn good line and a couple young men really stood out. Valley played more inspired tonight than they have all season and it was fun to watch. There were pads popping tonight which is a big encouragement.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:10 am
Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:01 am Valley played their best game tonight they could have given up after the loss last week but they didn’t and they made a lot of changes tonight so we will see how the rest of the season goes but they will be the underdog in their remaining 4 games
I think it was their best game too. But I read last week’s stuff after the Northwest game and never thought it was a lack of adjustment or bad calls. It was always bad tackling, special teams mistakes, penalties and the D line not playing well. The d line being the biggest thing most nights. As an old lineman myself it was tough to see the d line struggle so much.
Yeah I thought the same thing the plan put the players in position to make plays they just missed the tackle or got ran over against northwest they kept trying to arm tackle instead of just going low and get the guy to the ground valley needs to get angry and push back tonight they played more disciplined still didn’t see much passion but it’s a improvement this off-season tho they really need to hit the weights it’s crazy for some players to have that kind of size but be pushed around by players 50lbs lighter

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Fan of the youth wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:41 am Oak hill has a pretty darn good line and a couple young men really stood out. Valley played more inspired tonight than they have all season and it was fun to watch. There were pads popping tonight which is a big encouragement.
Yeah that was the hardest I have seen them hit in a few seasons but would still like to see more emotion out of them after they make those big hits

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:39 am
Dan-The-Man wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:10 am
Yeah I thought the same thing the plan put the players in position to make plays they just missed the tackle or got ran over against northwest they kept trying to arm tackle instead of just going low and get the guy to the ground valley needs to get angry and push back tonight they played more disciplined still didn’t see much passion but it’s a improvement this off-season tho they really need to hit the weights it’s crazy for some players to have that kind of size but be pushed around by players 50lbs lighter
This was without a doubt the best summer spring and summer weight program I had seen since my kid was in high school. I was over there a few weeks ago during a pee wee game and the lifting numbers on their board at the facility are amazing. Weights don't hit back though. I saw several of our linemen were well into the 12 or 1300 pound club or more.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Valley has for years played primary a 4 man front on defense. Maybe I am wrong but I seem to remember valley at times standing up their defense ends. Does anyone recall?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: WK6 Oak Hill v Valley

Post by VetteMan »

coop wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:11 pm
Izladoom wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:09 pm Only changes to valleys defense I can see is 56 is now playing inside at defensive tackle instead of end which I never understood why our biggest lineman was playing at ends
Moore is out for the year so they had to make those changes.

Oak Hill appears to have 18 kids dressed…surprised by that.
The numbers are really down for OH this year. I know in the past couple years that they have dressed around 40 or more kids. I know in the Pre-Season Jackson newspaper, it showed them having 25 or 26 Players.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

I was excited to see the freshman qb for valley get a few reps. He had a really nice throw that was dropped in the endzone, and then another nice td pass. He will be fun to watch the next three years as their qb.

Return to “Football”