Recruiting Services/Ratings are a joke.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: Recruiting Services/Ratings are a joke.

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:50 am
XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:32 am Ironton beat them. Perkins was the most dominate player on the field vs. Jackson. They couldn’t guard him with anyone and actually double covered him at end of game. He could have easily had 300 yds receiving by himself that game. Keyes is coming off a bad hamstring injury from what I understand. Didn’t do much of anything all summer or beginning of practices. Felder kid was hurt Jackson game and didn’t really play. And Carter had 17 tackles and two forced fumbles in Jackson game. Ironton played 3 of toughest teams in region in Wheelersburg, Jackson, and Johnson Central and won them all without hitting on all cylinders or having everyone 100%.
If Jackson was allowed to throw second half , would’ve scored 50 points. I know if if If but that wasn’t his call. Winters completely toyed with Ironton for 2 quarters. I’m sure we’ll agree to disagree.
Irontons 2nd half adjustment made winters uncomfortable so HC got conservative. Credit Irontons defense.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:10 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:08 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:51 am

Jackson wasn’t hitting on all cylinders either. Would love to run that one back.
Tayden Carpenter outplayed Winters in that game Qb vs Qb and is also outplaying him this season. For what its worth.

That’s your opinion, I disagree. There is no comparison in those two players.
Unfortunately the stats are on my side. Carpenter outplayed Winters head to head. How you feel is irrelevant.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:11 pm
XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:32 am Ironton beat them. Perkins was the most dominate player on the field vs. Jackson. They couldn’t guard him with anyone and actually double covered him at end of game. He could have easily had 300 yds receiving by himself that game. Keyes is coming off a bad hamstring injury from what I understand. Didn’t do much of anything all summer or beginning of practices. Felder kid was hurt Jackson game and didn’t really play. And Carter had 17 tackles and two forced fumbles in Jackson game. Ironton played 3 of toughest teams in region in Wheelersburg, Jackson, and Johnson Central and won them all without hitting on all cylinders or having everyone 100%.
If Jackson was allowed to throw second half , would’ve scored 50 points. I know if if If but that wasn’t his call. Winters completely toyed with Ironton for 2 quarters. I’m sure we’ll agree to disagree.
Irontons 2nd half adjustment made winters uncomfortable so HC got conservative. Credit Irontons defense.
Jackson’s coach got conservative. Let the horse run and hang 50.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:13 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:10 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:08 pm

Tayden Carpenter outplayed Winters in that game Qb vs Qb and is also outplaying him this season. For what its worth.

That’s your opinion, I disagree. There is no comparison in those two players.
Unfortunately the stats are on my side. Carpenter outplayed Winters head to head. How you feel is irrelevant.
I know you’re an ironton guy. You probably have on tiger underwear and have a picture of Pendleton a over your bed. But your opinion is irrelevant to me.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:17 pm

Tayden Carpenter 18/28. 254 yards. 2 TDs. 0 picks

Jacob Winters 12/17. 205 yards 4 TDs and an interception ( turnover)

Winters started feelin pressure and getting shakey w his decisions. Coach got conservative.

Meanwhile Carpenter threw for more yards and didnt turn the ball over.

Carpenter with the better head to head showing.

Carpenters the more accurate passer.
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:09 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:04 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:07 am

I would take Jake Winters all day and twice on Sunday. In my opinion he’s the best player in the area. No one does more for their team.
I get what you're saying and obviously you must be wanting to stick up for Winters but you're dead wrong. Winters is a player that makes the Jackson offense a lot less 1-dimensional but with who they've got at RB they could substitute another QB in there and still end up with 7 wins and possibly a round 1 victory. You take Novak off of that team and they're a 3 maybe 4 win team with no playoffs, with him they're region contenders. Winters is a great player in his own right but I'm sorry Novak does WAY more for his team simply looking at the stats will tell you that and that's not even taking into consideration either teams defense.
I get what your saying but you’re dead wrong. Jacob is the heart of the offense, running , throwing , punting , and also the heart of a great defense. Defense is something Jackson takes pride in, while Novak is driving Gatorade, Jacob in banging heads on defense. I know Novak gets to make
easy throws all game long. I get where you’re coming from , but you’re are wrong.
You failed to address 1 major issue, with as much talent as Jackson has if you take Winters off the team will they have a losing record?? You are right though Jackson does take pride in it's defense which is why Novak has to be that much better on offense in order to overcome. Bottom line, I take NOTHING away from Winters kid is amazing, but Novak means so so much more to his team. With all the talent Jackson has they're still competing for a FAC title without him and they're still winning 7 games at bare minimum. Without Novak who leads the team in rushing and passing they win 3 games, also don't take shots at the throws Novak is tasked to make that's just in bad taste, I've watched the young man make plenty up and down the field including watching him send Jackson home last season in the playoffs for those "easy" throws guess they weren't too easy if Jackson can't stop it. Think he broke Joe Burrows record with easy throws all game? SMH Last 3 matchups Novak 2-1 including a playoff win, Winters 1-2 even with the prideful defense Jackson has.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:20 pm

Winters started feelin pressure and getting shakey w his decisions. Coach got conservative.

Seen the replay on that interception at the end of the game, looks like Winters had a guy open in the end zone but underthrew it for the pick to seal the game for Ironton.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:04 pm

I get what you're saying and obviously you must be wanting to stick up for Winters but you're dead wrong. Winters is a player that makes the Jackson offense a lot less 1-dimensional but with who they've got at RB they could substitute another QB in there and still end up with 7 wins and possibly a round 1 victory. You take Novak off of that team and they're a 3 maybe 4 win team with no playoffs, with him they're region contenders. Winters is a great player in his own right but I'm sorry Novak does WAY more for his team simply looking at the stats will tell you that and that's not even taking into consideration either teams defense.
I get what your saying but you’re dead wrong. Jacob is the heart of the offense, running , throwing , punting , and also the heart of a great defense. Defense is something Jackson takes pride in, while Novak is driving Gatorade, Jacob in banging heads on defense. I know Novak gets to make
easy throws all game long. I get where you’re coming from , but you’re are wrong.
You failed to address 1 major issue, with as much talent as Jackson has if you take Winters off the team will they have a losing record?? You are right though Jackson does take pride in it's defense which is why Novak has to be that much better on offense in order to overcome. Bottom line, I take NOTHING away from Winters kid is amazing, but Novak means so so much more to his team. With all the talent Jackson has they're still competing for a FAC title without him and they're still winning 7 games at bare minimum. Without Novak who leads the team in rushing and passing they win 3 games, also don't take shots at the throws Novak is tasked to make that's just in bad taste, I've watched the young man make plenty up and down the field including watching him send Jackson home last season in the playoffs for those "easy" throws guess they weren't too easy if Jackson can't stop it. Think he broke Joe Burrows record with easy throws all game? SMH Last 3 matchups Novak 2-1 including a playoff win, Winters 1-2 even with the prideful defense Jackson has.
I take winters all day long. I had to pick one. Jackson is 1-4 without Jacob and maybe 4-6 on the year .

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:22 pm

Seen the replay on that interception at the end of the game, looks like Winters had a guy open in the end zone but underthrew it for the pick to seal the game for Ironton.
Yup. Shreck picked off Winters. When Ironton started coming after Winters he started rushing and not going thru his progressions. Thats why coach went away from it

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

In 2nd half Ironton started sending speed guys after Winters and it disrupted his process. If you blitz Winters and use faster, athletic guys he gets happy feet. Skips his progressions. Throws off balance and against his body instead of just sliding up in the pocket. The faster guys give him trouble.
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:23 pm

I take winters all day long. I had to pick one. Jackson is 1-4 without Jacob and maybe 4-6 on the year .
That's fine if you'd take him but you also know without him all the talent they have the offense changes and there's really no telling the record, very tough non-conference schedule and Chillicothe and WCH are no joke this year. One thing I will say it's a good thing they have him for this years schedule but I'm still taking Novak as a pure QB.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:24 pm

Yup. Shreck picked off Winters. When Ironton started coming after Winters he started rushing and not going thru his progressions. Thats why coach went away from it
Never go to throw second half. Better thank the coaches . Would’ve been a running clock

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Interested to see who had a better quarterback rating. 4 tds in the first half. Wow

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:30 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:23 pm

That's fine if you'd take him but you also know without him all the talent they have the offense changes and there's really no telling the record, very tough non-conference schedule and Chillicothe and WCH are no joke this year. One thing I will say it's a good thing they have him for this years schedule but I'm still taking Novak as a pure QB.
That’s fine you’d take Novak. Winters is signed with a D1 program. Where is Novak going. ?

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:31 pm

Never go to throw second half. Better thank the coaches . Would’ve been a running clock
Looked to me like Winters woulda added about 3 more picks and Ty Perkins likely woulda had at least 2 more Td catches cause he was abusing Jacksons secondary. Made Jackson dbs look very slow.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:34 pm

Looked to me like Winters woulda added about 3 more picks and Ty Perkins likely woulda had at least 2 more Td catches cause he was abusing Jacksons secondary. Made Jackson dbs look very slow.
Winters was abusing the whole vaunted ironton defense 😂

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Interested to see who had a better quarterback rating. 4 tds in the first half. Wow
Jacksons HC didnt wanna give Ironton the ball. He tried to slow the game down because Carpenter was exposing Jackson.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:35 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:34 pm

Winters was abusing the whole vaunted ironton defense 😂
Only one QB turned the ball over that night.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:36 pm

Jacksons HC didnt wanna give Ironton the ball. He tried to slow the game down because Carpenter was exposing Jackson.
Yep that’s on him. Let Jacob keep smoking Ironton 🚬

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:38 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:36 pm

Yep that’s on him. Let Jacob keep smoking Ironton 🚬
HC was afraid of the turnovers. He knew his QB was good for at least two more picks after Ironton started comin after him in the 2nd half.

Return to “Football”