Recruiting Services/Ratings are a joke.

mustard
JV Team

Recruiting Services/Ratings are a joke.

Post by mustard »

Drew Novak is a 2 star? Seriously? Has anyone seen him play? He makes western brown look like a state contender and He just beat out burrows passing yard total in the state and is half way through the season. He’s probably going to be a Josh Allen where he doesn’t fit a “recruiters” mold and come from nowhere to lead an nfl team to the playoffs.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: Recruiting Services/Ratings are a joke.

Post by SiderBlood »

mustard wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:17 pm Drew Novak is a 2 star? Seriously? Has anyone seen him play? He makes western brown look like a state contender and He just beat out burrows passing yard total in the state and is half way through the season. He’s probably going to be a Josh Allen where he doesn’t fit a “recruiters” mold and come from nowhere to lead an nfl team to the playoffs.
I couldn't agree more

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I don’t understand the rankings either. That kid can ball out. He should be getting all kinds of offers. Is he short or slow? But his numbers are impressive

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Rooting for the young man, prove everyone wrong

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:24 pm I don’t understand the rankings either. That kid can ball out. He should be getting all kinds of offers. Is he short or slow? But his numbers are impressive
Neither. 6 6 190. Might be a little thin but that’s fixable

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Does he go to camps/showcases or anything? Or is he just getting seen in games?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

it's called potential and what they can be not what they are now.
They are all hit or miss a 5 star don't always hit and a 2 star does as far as the WB QB he may be great on HS level but he may not be on college level.
Then again he may and going to camps does help Josh Allen wasn't even recruited he sent letters to colleges proclaiming his willing to play and learn.
And One college took him Wyoming.
They look at what they see and know and the player does the rest.
Are they a joke no but they look at what they see and they know and maybe the player just don't care to go to the next level.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mustard wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:53 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:24 pm I don’t understand the rankings either. That kid can ball out. He should be getting all kinds of offers. Is he short or slow? But his numbers are impressive
Neither. 6 6 190. Might be a little thin but that’s fixable
Looks bigger than 190 to me….he has the perfect buildable frame. He’s not slow either and for a thin football frame runs tough….and greatly understands the game.

A preseason article on him had him cherishing every Friday night as they would be coming to an end. It’s possible that he’s doing all this and just having a great time with his guys (like 90+% of players should be doing)….don’t he was all over during the June college camp/showcase scene.

But he’s a dandy and I’d think could compete at almost any college in the nation….maybe would take a couple years in but um, you know….Joe

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

All I know is when he’s on the field, you know it. Western brown is not even close to being good without him. He reminds me of carrico or Holden. Those dudes you knew were on the field every play.

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

This past Saturday he had a game visit to kentucky. During the spring he was at nc state,clemson and west virginia camps. A reporter said he definitely held his own at the clemson camp. Last year he had in game visits to Iowa st and Illinois.

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

6.6 207lbs runs a 4.8. Bench max 225 lbs. Squat is 335. Box jump 54 in.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Freelobotomy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:57 pm 6.6 207lbs runs a 4.8. Bench max 225 lbs. Squat is 335. Box jump 54 in.
:shock:

kids got the goods for sure, he'll put numbers up at the next level -- especially at a school like Iowa St.

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Here is a quote from a D1 college OC on Drew- "Very good high school QB. After watching him throw in person, his arm strength is the concern."
Now take that with what it's worth…

His offense he plays in really showcases him. Yes he does throw some deep balls but the problem is he throws a lot of short passes and his receivers have a lot of YAC which IMO is why the big schools are not giving him an opportunity. I'm not taking anything away from the kid because without him WB is a average to below average team. I doubt he will get any big D1 offers at this point because the majority of those schools already have their 2023 QBs but there could be some more D1-AA schools that could offer him. Yes he could definitely be another Josh Allen. Time will tell.

Yes the ratings are bad at times. If you are not from a big time HS or your program does not have a lot of history of D1 recruits it definitely hurts a kid no matter how good you are.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Shane Falco wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:57 am Here is a quote from a D1 college OC on Drew- "Very good high school QB. After watching him throw in person, his arm strength is the concern."

His offense he plays in really showcases him. Yes he does throw some deep balls but the problem is he throws a lot of short passes and his receivers have a lot of YAC which IMO is why the big schools are not giving him an opportunity. I'm not taking anything away from the kid because without him WB is a average to below average team. I doubt he will get any big D1 offers at this point because the majority of those schools already have their 2023 QBs but there could be some more D1-AA schools that could offer him. Yes he could definitely be another Josh Allen. Time will tell.

Yes the ratings are bad at times. If you are not from a big time HS or your program does not have a lot of history of D1 recruits it definitely hurts a kid no matter how good you are.
Ding 🛎

Someone that finally gets it and understands the College recruiting game. 99% of fans and I’ll go a step further and say coaches in this part of state is on a kindergarten level when it comes to this. Like I said before. Pendleton and Ironton is the perfect combination. Most college programs know who and where Ironton is because many older college coaches recognize the name when Lutz was on his run and they were sending guys all over country. Now we bring in a coach that seems to know every college coach in America personally and has direct communication to them and this is what happens. It’s not going to stop or slow down either.
Last edited by XandOs on Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:08 am He should have transferred to Ironton if he wanted to go to a big time D1 school. :mrgreen:
If he’s at Ironton. I’d bet the farm he has a D1 offer.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:16 am
thirtyonetrap wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:08 am He should have transferred to Ironton if he wanted to go to a big time D1 school. :mrgreen:
Agree 💯. Novak is easily the best player Jackson has played all year and it’s not close. Not sure about the arm strength , I get it , but watched him drop many passes on a dime 40 yards and over. I guess talent isn’t as important as where you go to high school and who your coach knows. It is all a mystery to me.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:36 am
Agree 💯. Novak is easily the best player Jackson has played all year and it’s not close. Not sure about the arm strength , I get it , but watched him drop many passes on a dime 40 yards and over. I guess talent isn’t as important as where you go to high school and who your coach knows. It is all a mystery to me.
I don’t care what high school coach he has. He is an absolute difference maker. No team in this area had a kid that changes their entire teams dynamic. He’s the best prospect south of the Columbus line in my opinion. Ironton has a recruiter on staff fluffing and puffing their kids up. Good for them but this kid is a game changer.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:15 am
Shane Falco wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:57 am Here is a quote from a D1 college OC on Drew- "Very good high school QB. After watching him throw in person, his arm strength is the concern."

Ding 🛎

Someone that finally gets it and understands the College recruiting game. 99% of fans and I’ll go a step further and say coaches in this part of state is on a kindergarten level when it comes to this. Like I said before. Pendleton and Ironton is the perfect combination. Most college programs know who and where Ironton is because many older college coaches recognize the name when Lutz was on his run and they were sending guys all over country. Now we bring in a coach that seems to know every college coach in America personally and has direct communication to them and this is what happens. It’s not going to stop or slow down either.
You better hope it doesn’t. That’s how Ironton wins.

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

mustard wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:55 am
Ed Gennero wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:36 am

I don’t care what high school coach he has. He is an absolute difference maker. No team in this area had a kid that changes their entire teams dynamic. He’s the best prospect south of the Columbus line in my opinion. Ironton has a recruiter on staff fluffing and puffing their kids up. Good for them but this kid is a game changer.
Unfortunately not at the D1A level.

Yes Ironton does do a good job promoting their kids but if these kids don't consistently pan out at the next level, schools won't be too quick on handing out offers in the future.

Return to “Football”