Who Dey Think Gonna Beat Them Tigers?

TigerMania
JV Team

Who Dey Think Gonna Beat Them Tigers?

Post by TigerMania »

It sure feels like this might be the year. What do you all think?
Last edited by TigerMania on Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: Who Dey Gonna Beat Them Tigers?

Post by Rolltanks »

My money is on coldwater

TigerMania
JV Team

Re: Who Dey Gonna Beat Them Tigers?

Post by TigerMania »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:13 pm My money is on coldwater
Would be a good one!

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Re: Who Dey Think Gonna Beat Them Tigers?

Post by gobucs20 »

Lots of things need to happen but I believe the potential is there.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Like last year the Tigers first need to not beat themselves. Then just anyone in the playoffs. Weather and injuries can play a major part in losing. Just play the games however they come.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think harvest prep is the team to beat in region 19 and burg is playing very well. Then you have coldwater, south range. I’d love to see ironton or a southern Ohio team won state but coldwater is prob the favorite in D5

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I think Wheelersburg will do the same this year as last. You heard it here first

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I think Ironton and all the young players up front are getting better and better every week. They took a group of kids with 1 total starter on OL/DL from last year and beat Wheelersburg and Jackson on road and beat Johnson Central who hasn’t lost a game in Eastern Ky and tri-state in who knows how long. Wheelersburg and Jackson had more returning starters than Ironton and Ironton won both at their home fields. Young teams are much more likely to improve compared to veteran teams just because of ceilings and making mistakes.

Ironton is very good this year and getting better. I think once they get fully healthy your going to have a hard time beating them.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:34 am I think Ironton and all the young players up front are getting better and better every week. They took a group of kids with 1 total starter on OL/DL from last year and beat Wheelersburg and Jackson on road and beat Johnson Central who hasn’t lost a game in Eastern Ky and tri-state in who knows how long. Wheelersburg and Jackson had more returning starters than Ironton and lost both at their home fields.

Ironton is very good this year and getting better. I think once they get fully healthy your going to have a hard time beating them.
Defense is light out for the most part but offense needs to find a identity. Perkins is really good, and carpenter seems to be improving.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

No one in the southern parts ,but once you start playing the city leagues up north , it gets real

derbydawg
Waterboy

Post by derbydawg »

Ironton is beatable. Solid team but let's not act like they look unstoppable.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I’m a big Tiger fan but I think this topic is a little early.
Any passing team will give the Tigers fits right now.
Secondary is a weak spot on this team.
Playoffs will really expose this team.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Probably someone north of Columbus.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Southern Ohio schools more times than not lose to Ironton before they even step on the field. It is that, oh my god here comes Ironton mentality. But, the Burg and Jackson have played them toe to toe. Not to say that Ironton isn't good, they are! But, once the playoffs come around and you play teams from around the state, Ironton is just another opponent. Coldwater plays in arguably the best small conference in the state. When you line up week to week with Maria Stein, Versailles, New Bremen, St. Henry, Anna, Minster, St. Johns and Ft. Recovery ( all state champions ), you just play state championship football. So, anytime this question gets brought up, it is usually an upper tier MAC school. In this case, who dey is COLDWATER.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:12 am Southern Ohio schools more times than not lose to Ironton before they even step on the field. It is that, oh my god here comes Ironton mentality. But, the Burg and Jackson have played them toe to toe. Not to say that Ironton isn't good, they are! But, once the playoffs come around and you play teams from around the state, Ironton is just another opponent. Coldwater plays in arguably the best small conference in the state. When you line up week to week with Maria Stein, Versailles, New Bremen, St. Henry, Anna, Minster, St. Johns and Ft. Recovery ( all state champions ), you just play state championship football. So, anytime this question gets brought up, it is usually an upper tier MAC school. In this case, who dey is COLDWATER.
Good post. However, the MAC is not arguably the best small conference in Ohio, they are (without any doubt) the best small conference in Ohio. Arguably the best small conference in the country!

A different level of competition that Ironton and Burg do not see.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

derbydawg wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:13 am Ironton is beatable. Solid team but let's not act like they look unstoppable.
Noone in d5 looks unstoppable but burgs been stopped twice in 5 weeks. Lol

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Young team. It's gonna come down to execution & limiting mistakes. Gotta continue to work on running the ball & playing clean.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

No, no way

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Love to see my Blue Devils, but I don’t see it happening. Ironton is pretty much a private school anymore.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:53 pm Love to see my Blue Devils, but I don’t see it happening. Ironton is pretty much a private school anymore.
Ironton is as public as your sorry a$$ school, so stop with that excuse. From watching your team the last several years they are physically weak, which means your training/conditioning program is weak. It's not that hard to figure out.

Return to “Football”