Coal Grove 33 - 36 Gallia Academy 2022

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Re: WK7 Coal Grove - Gallia Academy

Post by Taylormade »

Team ovc wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:35 pm
Taylormade wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm Coal Grove is on pace to lose 3 in a row. Depending on injuries (which I hope theres not) the Hill could get them in game 10
How are they on pace to loose 3 in a row they loose one game now there on pace to loose 3 I don’t understand
Just a personal opinion. I believe Gallia will play better defense than Portsmouth for one. Irontons speed on defense will keep Hall well below his game averages. Again just my opinion,and not to take away from Hall,he is a good back

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Taylormade wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:27 pm
Taylormade wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 pm Coal Grove is on pace to lose 3 in a row. Depending on injuries (which I hope theres not) the Hill could get them in game 10
How are they on pace to loose 3 in a row they loose one game now there on pace to loose 3 I don’t understand
Just a personal opinion. I believe Gallia will play better defense than Portsmouth for one. Irontons speed on defense will keep Hall well below his game averages. Again just my opinion,and not to take away from Hall,he is a good back

I’ve said this is the brutal part of their schedule. I think they can bounce back and win this game and come out 7-3. Ironton is Ironton. Fairland always gives Coal Grove fits.
Should be an interesting game this week.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

Taylormade wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:27 pm

I’m not going to start the blame game but I believe there were some not so great play calling done the first half after Coal Grove drove down the field to score on there first series. Not to mention the missed 2 point conversions that I think probably cost Coal Grove possibly 2 tds which would have given them the victory. So I see no reason they can’t beat Gallia. So I believe this is going to be a very good game. Coal Grove really need to do some work on there secondary but they are playing some very long inexperienced kids at those positions so I’m not sure what they will be able to do this late in the season

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Bunch of grown men getting so upset over me saying his numbers were inflated lol. Yes his numbers are inflated if we are being honest. He’s a good player, but he’s not played any team with a decent defense yet. Portsmouth, Berne Union, Valley, Chesapeake, South Point & Meigs…show me a decent defense in the group of teams. Not even a good one but a decent one? Schedule gets a bit tougher now. Gallia, Fairland and Ironton all have much better defenses than those teams he’s ran all over. Once again he’s a good player but he’s not had to do it against anyone who was remotely decent at playing defense.

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Not upset at all. Just tired of hearing how great another school is all the dang time. Maybe some of the defenses they’ve been up against aren’t the best. It’s still an accomplishment to gain that many yards in 6 games. Regardless of who they’ve played.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just like to see my alma mater win some games. And still be one of the smallest schools in the OVC along with Rock Hill.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:03 pm Bunch of grown men getting so upset over me saying his numbers were inflated lol. Yes his numbers are inflated if we are being honest. He’s a good player, but he’s not played any team with a decent defense yet. Portsmouth, Berne Union, Valley, Chesapeake, South Point & Meigs…show me a decent defense in the group of teams. Not even a good one but a decent one? Schedule gets a bit tougher now. Gallia, Fairland and Ironton all have much better defenses than those teams he’s ran all over. Once again he’s a good player but he’s not had to do it against anyone who was remotely decent at playing defense.
So what kind of defense did gallia have last year when he rushed for 250 against them as a junior or ironton when he had over 140 just curious

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:03 pm Bunch of grown men getting so upset over me saying his numbers were inflated lol. Yes his numbers are inflated if we are being honest. He’s a good player, but he’s not played any team with a decent defense yet. Portsmouth, Berne Union, Valley, Chesapeake, South Point & Meigs…show me a decent defense in the group of teams. Not even a good one but a decent one? Schedule gets a bit tougher now. Gallia, Fairland and Ironton all have much better defenses than those teams he’s ran all over. Once again he’s a good player but he’s not had to do it against anyone who was remotely decent at playing defense.
And what “grown man” gets on here discounting a young mans achievements no matter who he’s doing it against you act like he’s playing for Ohio State and doing it against a D-2school. He doesn’t pick who his team plays

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Team ovc wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:48 pm [quote=BuckeyeBlood post_id=2021735 time=<a href="tel:1664229787">1664229787</a> user_id=14346]
Bunch of grown men getting so upset over me saying his numbers were inflated lol. Yes his numbers are inflated if we are being honest. He’s a good player, but he’s not played any team with a decent defense yet. Portsmouth, Berne Union, Valley, Chesapeake, South Point & Meigs…show me a decent defense in the group of teams. Not even a good one but a decent one? Schedule gets a bit tougher now. Gallia, Fairland and Ironton all have much better defenses than those teams he’s ran all over. Once again he’s a good player but he’s not had to do it against anyone who was remotely decent at playing defense.
And what “grown man” gets on here discounting a young mans achievements no matter who he’s doing it against you act like he’s playing for Ohio State and doing it against a D-2school. He doesn’t pick who his team plays
[/quote]

I literally said he was a good player. You’re so blinded by your love for the kid that you can’t admit he’s done this against inferior defenses. It’s a good accomplishment absolutely. But let’s not sit here and act like he’s the next Jermon Jackson, doing this against D1 powerhouse schools from Cincinnati & Columbus. Are you his daddy? Take the blinders off dweeb.

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:20 pm
Team ovc wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:48 pm [quote=BuckeyeBlood post_id=2021735 time=<a href="tel:1664229787">1664229787</a> user_id=14346]
I literally said he was a good player. You’re so blinded by your love for the kid that you can’t admit he’s done this against inferior defenses. It’s a good accomplishment absolutely. But let’s not sit here and act like he’s the next Jermon Jackson, doing this against D1 powerhouse schools from Cincinnati & Columbus. Are you his daddy? Take the blinders off dweeb.
[/quote]
I think ive answers that before I have no kids on this team

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I don't see anything wrong with what you're saying tbh. You're complimentary of the kid, saying he's a good player, which he is, but also being honest and saying that the Grove hasn't exactly played the toughest of defenses this season. You're not making an attack on the kid like the way the other dude's acting.

betweenthetackles
Waterboy

Post by betweenthetackles »

THe Hornets need to grind the clock tonight.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

21/21

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Coal Grove 33 - 36 Gallia Academy 2022

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I am kind of surprised by this score. I thought Coal Grove was the better team after seeing them back to back.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:36 am I am kind of surprised by this score. I thought Coal Grove was the better team after seeing them back to back.
They can’t defend against any team with an even average offense. Too slow.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

This sounded like a dandy. Gallia the surprise team this year. Needed coal grove to win, Portsmouth would of got really nice points. Anyone know halls stats?

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BDS
Waterboy

Post by BDS »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:36 am I am kind of surprised by this score. I thought Coal Grove was the better team after seeing them back to back.
The Portsmouth game was not the best effort by Gallia. Probably the worst they played this year.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

BDS wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:17 pm
The Portsmouth game was not the best effort by Gallia. Probably the worst they played this year.
Couldn’t agree with you more. We went through the motions that game.

Return to “Football”