Re: WK7 Minford - Portsmouth West

Post by noreply66 »

West big

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Minford relays heavily on the run which is the strength of West, I'll go with West by 4 scores.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

If they can pass, they will score a few. If they run it, probably not going to do much. Either way preparing for the Siders balanced attack is proving difficult. We got in an unwanted/expected shootout with Waverly, but could score anytime we wanted. They picked us apart with 5-10 yard stuff the whole second half. We are still very pleased with the Waverly win. Up 21 at 2 different points In the game shows we can separate. But backing off the gas pedal and playing Tressel ball is not how I like to see the games being played. Gonna say 30-7

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West 34-19

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Siders may prove to be way too much for the Falcons this season.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

West. Minford always starts out well then always end up 5-5 or 6-4.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

This game seems like a measuring stick for West’s, if the Waverly game was not already, matchup with Wheelersburg. Is it the year West wins the SOC?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West big. This is the time of year of reality for muletown.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I was concerned about this game until Friday. I think West will be really focused now.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I don’t think minford can stop sissel. West by 2 scores

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

West big, Minford lost to WCH and Burg 42-0 each, West might make it a third.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West is 45-15-2 all time in the series.

Although no one is disappointed with the win from last week, definitely some things to work on. I think those things will be heavily highlighted this week in practice. I could see a hungry and a little angry West team this week.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Battle of the backs, who finds the end zone more? Pica or Sissel? My guess is Pica ends up with more yards, but Sissel more TD's. West with the win.

YabbadabbadooBOT
Waterboy

Post by YabbadabbadooBOT »

Minford at home in the upset.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

After watching West and hearing about what Burg did to Minford I have to go with West by at least 21. Minford struggled to stop the burg run, and I don’t believe Minford has the athletes on the outside to hurt west in the passing game especially with a freshman at the helm.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

packers80 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:20 pm West big. This is the time of year of reality for muletown.
Appears the last 3 years it is West who has faced reality when playing "Muletown". The Series is right around .500 since 2012, so the narrative that West owns this matchup is not found, at least in the past decade, including the aforementioned previous 3. As for this matchup, as a Burg fan I thought if Pica catches that first TD pass to go up 7-0, we could of been in for an entirely different game at Ed Miller Stadium, although I am confident Burg would of pulled away by 14 or so regardless. Minford is a young team, so with some early success vs. West, I could see it being a 4 quarter battle this friday in "Muletown", the narrative being pushed of dominance by some west fans is head scratching.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

2quick2catch wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:20 pm West big. This is the time of year of reality for muletown.
Appears the last 3 years it is West who has faced reality when playing "Muletown". The Series is right around .500 since 2012, so the narrative that West owns this matchup is not found, at least in the past decade, including the aforementioned previous 3. As for this matchup, as a Burg fan I thought if Pica catches that first TD pass to go up 7-0, we could of been in for an entirely different game at Ed Miller Stadium, although I am confident Burg would of pulled away by 14 or so regardless. Minford is a young team, so with some early success vs. West, I could see it being a 4 quarter battle this friday in "Muletown", the narrative being pushed of dominance by some west fans is head scratching.
I never really thought about "dominance" until you brought it up. But looking at the history of this series, it pretty much has been dominance in favor of the Orange and Black. West has a 75 percent win percentage. 1640 points total vs 840 points total. Minford has one 4 game win streak since 1960. They are at 3 right now. Not one other time in the course of 60 years have they won 2 games in back to back years. West has several 5, 6, and one 9 year win streaks. They are exactly at .500 since 2012. One more thing to add. Several times Minford has headed into SOC play undefeated, or with only 1 loss, only to get beat by West. So the statement of "Muletown meeting reality", actually does have a lot of merit. So to say they haven't been dominated from a historical aspect is kind of head scratching to me. I mean you can't just pick the last 3 years and use that lol.

I understand it has nothing to do with the game at hand, and these kids know how to beat West. Don't see it getting to a 4 game win streak this time either.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

2quick2catch wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 pm
I was saying this is the part of the season muletown starts to struggle. Because they usually do after their non conference is over.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Another test for west to see if they can knock out burg.

Return to “Football”