Minford 16 - 29 Portsmouth West 2022

vladimir
S

Re: WK7 Minford - Portsmouth West

Post by vladimir »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:44 pm
vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:32 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Yes the game last year and I'm thinking like 2007. Not a whole lot of wins to pick from
2007, 2008 at West, 2010 at West, and the past 3-yrs Minford won b/c they were the more physical team. I have to go back and look closer since 2000, but there are more than you think.
2007 is right. Possibly 10. 08 we went undefeated. Last year they were beat because they were soft, can't agree on any other ones. They are 8-14 since 2000. I guess tonight is to be determined, I think pretty even on the physicality thus far
Then it was 2007 and 2009, 2010. It seemed liked during the Triplett and Daniels years we were both winning on each other’s stadiums.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Sissel, I apologize if I misspelled it, he is a hard nose kid. Runs hard and doesn’t let the first man taken down.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Good game and congrats to West. Minford came out swinging and hung in there until 5:00 left in the 4th. West has this one in the bag, but this is never an easy game for either team.

29-16 West Portsmouth

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

final?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mattash wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:10 pmfinal?
29-16

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Minford 16 - 29 Portsmouth West 2022

Post by Westfan »

Minford played really well. Was definitely a battle.

Officiating was atrocious. Maybe worse. Those guys have no business doing games that matter.

Footballtalk
Waterboy

Post by Footballtalk »

O
Last edited by Footballtalk on Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Minford came out ready to play. Played with a chip and they were tough. Lots of hard hits and they limited the big chunks sissel was use to getting. Pica is a very talented runner, he humbled some of our secondary guys. Their kicker has a boot and that was a very good field goal before the half. I was surprised to see how unmotivated we looked in the beginning and really even into the 4th. at the end seemed to get a little enthusiasm. If they want any chance at beating Burg they have to come out with more energy than that.

That was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. I hate critiquing too much on the guys that do it. I'm aware their is a severe shortage of them right now, but these guys do not need to be on the field. I'm not gonna go as far to say it was a name your score type of night. Or we didn't deserve some of them. But every time we got something going, a penalty was soon to follow. Or get a 4th down stop, there would come the yellow hankey. Some calls were mind boggling.

Minford did what they needed to do to stick around, but this was a hard hitting good SOC battle. On to the next one

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Footballtalk wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:50 pm I’m sorry to all the west fans but Minford looked like a more physical team up front and Pica is a top 2 back in the league he’s not 2🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

West is still a very solid team but in my opinion they need to buckle up if they want to compete with the Burg
Pica is very good,l would still take Sissel for an all around guy. I wouldn't say they looked any more physical, I thought it was pretty evenly matched as far as that is concerned. We was fighting an up hill battle against the officials all night. I wont say none of them were deserved, but the first touchdown minford scored was gift wrapped, with imaginary personal fouls.

I do agree though that to beat Burg, better will be needed. The potential is there, but the last two weeks product will not do it.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

After watching Burg and West play back to back, West will be in for a rude awakening unless they play ALOT better than they did tonight. West is a solid team. Burg ran Minford off the field. The West coach may be the whiniest coach I’ve ever seen, he was on the field as much as his players, complaining. Personal fouls aren’t imaginary when your player punches another player on the sideline right in front of a ref and another hits a player late and in the head. Did refs miss calls? Of course they did. But Minford was held multiple times without a call leading to big runs, and West got bailed out on a pass interference call on a 4th down where the Minford kid didn’t touch the West player and scored immediately after so Minford could complain too.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Man oh man, here we are another week down and West has me doubting my pick yet again with them taking the SOC. I'm honestly starting to think they're not who we thought they are and I'm starting to really wonder if West inability or fear of scheduling up in a year they 100% knew they were going to have a good team is going to hurt. These guys right now simply look like a team in the early stages of the season where they're still trying to find themselves. I'm going to stick with them over Burg but dang at this point I have to wonder once they get to Burg are they going to be so tight they really self implode. Good luck moving forward to Minford good game and way to hang in there.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:24 am Man oh man, here we are another week down and West has me doubting my pick yet again with them taking the SOC. I'm honestly starting to think they're not who we thought they are and I'm starting to really wonder if West inability or fear of scheduling up in a year they 100% knew they were going to have a good team is going to hurt. These guys right now simply look like a team in the early stages of the season where they're still trying to find themselves. I'm going to stick with them over Burg but dang at this point I have to wonder once they get to Burg are they going to be so tight they really self implode. Good luck moving forward to Minford good game and way to hang in there.
Same way here...last 2 weeks got me questioning how much of a chance West has to knock off Burg.*

Sportsnut123
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut123 »

SOCFalconFan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:21 pm After watching Burg and West play back to back, West will be in for a rude awakening unless they play ALOT better than they did tonight. West is a solid team. Burg ran Minford off the field. The West coach may be the whiniest coach I’ve ever seen, he was on the field as much as his players, complaining. Personal fouls aren’t imaginary when your player punches another player on the sideline right in front of a ref and another hits a player late and in the head. Did refs miss calls? Of course they did. But Minford was held multiple times without a call leading to big runs, and West got bailed out on a pass interference call on a 4th down where the Minford kid didn’t touch the West player and scored immediately after so Minford could complain too.
As spectator just there to watch the game. West coach had every right to be whining. I couldn’t see the sideline personal foul on the sideline, but I did see several calls that were missed or called that shouldn’t have been. For one the the delay of game with no play clock it’s the job you of the official to count down last 5 seconds and that didn’t happen, minford tackled a kid on offense in the backfield no call, late hit on west sideline by Minford no call, 1st down for West late in the 3rd qtr clock continued to run, a great defensive play on a pass by west and a personal foul called was nonsense. You can call a had a hold on almost every play. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

This score still has me shocked!

WWE HALL OF FAME

Return to “Football”