Saturday Night Football Undefeated Green Bobcats @ Notre Dame ..... Spartan Stadium

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Re: WK7 Notre Dame - Green

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:33 am
transplant wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:26 am Where's relaxgoat with the inside info on kids playing or not? Wasn't he complaining about ND not having any discipline? Or maybe it was conditioning? Or both? I don't know, I cant keep up. But I'm going to go Bobcats in this one too.
Probably their kids in trouble, don’t worry if it’s true they’ll place blame on the coaches, water boy, school board, janitor, the kids friends. Anywhere but where it should be because we all know these kids can be monitored 24/7.
I don’t think anyone here has a kid on the team. What you are missing is those kids are doing something wrong and needs to be disciplined and that’s not going to happen. So the water boy, friends and janitor are safe…the coaches and school board will look the other way!!!!!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:22 pm
transplant wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:26 am Where's relaxgoat with the inside info on kids playing or not? Wasn't he complaining about ND not having any discipline? Or maybe it was conditioning? Or both? I don't know, I cant keep up. But I'm going to go Bobcats in this one too.
Probably their kids in trouble, don’t worry if it’s true they’ll place blame on the coaches, water boy, school board, janitor, the kids friends. Anywhere but where it should be because we all know these kids can be monitored 24/7.
I don’t think anyone here has a kid on the team. What you are missing is those kids are doing something wrong and needs to be disciplined and that’s not going to happen. So the water boy, friends and janitor are safe…the coaches and school board will look the other way!!!!!!
This is very disturbing message being sent to the youth at Notre Dame. What does it take for anyone to intervene?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Smh

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well "if" kids have done something that warrants discipline I would hope the school or coaches would take action, since nothing seems to be being pointed out by the 2 biggest ND debbie downers on the site, I have to wonder the validity of what was said.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:48 pm

Well "if" kids have done something that warrants discipline I would hope the school or coaches would take action, since nothing seems to be being pointed out by the 2 biggest ND debbie downers on the site, I have to wonder the validity of what was said.
QB, Slot, and a third player are the ones in question. Discipline lacks there, but that is from a third source.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

NewApproved wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:16 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:34 pm It’s pretty funny when the one disgruntled dad gets in here and talks to himself. Maybe you should take Johnny out in the yard and play catch with him so he doesn’t suck so much
How do you remain on here? Such a negative posting idiot.
That’s the problem, this is a coach that can’t handle a little bit of criticism on an opinion forum!!! He calls people disgruntled dads, keyboard cowards and now he says the kid he coaches sucks!! Great role model for ND!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BillyBob21 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:05 pm
NewApproved wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:16 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:34 pm It’s pretty funny when the one disgruntled dad gets in here and talks to himself. Maybe you should take Johnny out in the yard and play catch with him so he doesn’t suck so much
How do you remain on here? Such a negative posting idiot.
That’s the problem, this is a coach that can’t handle a little bit of criticism on an opinion forum!!! He calls people disgruntled dads, keyboard cowards and now he says the kid he coaches sucks!! Great role model for ND!
Dang had to go back and look at some of his old post, yeah not a very good look especially because it does seem like a coach. He's way to defensive about anything posted even if it's something small. Not sure what is going on in ND but maybe it is time for a change as things have become a bit stale on the field and problematic off of it.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 pm Dang had to go back and look at some of his old post, yeah not a very good look especially because it does seem like a coach. He's way to defensive about anything posted even if it's something small. Not sure what is going on in ND but maybe it is time for a change as things have become a bit stale on the field and problematic off of it.
I doubt it's Ashley.

Really the problem here is the ND posters -- they can't be told anything. Low-ceiling program with obvious limitations stemming from the fact its a low-enrollment Catholic school in a part of the state (for that matter, the country) that barely has enough resources (money, families) to support it? Nah... can't be: it's obviously the coach's fault. It's not like we're discussing Waverly and the ability to compete against West, Wheelersburg etc in SOC II play and beyond in the playoffs. Nope. We're talking the smallest of the small. Thread-barren rosters, except for Northwest, that pose tremendous difficulties in terms of personnel adjustments and capabilities when an injury or two hits.

The last time ND went looking for a coach, post-Ashley, they landed a guy from outside the area who did way worse than BA's first stint. Frankly the general prospects for ND to acquire (and retain) a good coach are NOT good. Hiring someone with the intent that they also work at the school is non-existent because their compensation package (although this isn't really ND's fault) is trash in comparison to the publics. When it comes to trying to get the program built up on raw numbers, through whatever means it takes, in the prism of secondary education being a market commodity they do NOT have much 'pull' because Wheelersburg is a titan academically and athletically, West is generally decent by comparison and Portsmouth at least has nicer facilities on the school and sports side with an otherwise general "enough" going for them. Like, all of these things are real problems -- individually they would be at least somewhat easier to overcome (if ND had no ability to attract "better" candidates but at least had more opportunities to grow, it would be one thing; vice-versa if they had more ability to garner in qualified people who could be reasonably interested in coaching at a place where the numbers are handcuffed for reasons 'x', 'y' and 'z') but put together they just reinforce the impenetrable cycle that the program CANNOT get out of.

Everyone yearns for the 70's, 80's and 90's. I get it. Those days are gone. The reality of the situation unfortunately makes it impossible for ND to be a consistently-competitive program with attainable aspirations bigger than frankly beating Green, East, winning the SOC I. Really even in the "best" of situations they're not even a player come playoffs for the reasons I've stated. This, again, is one of those years. But, alas, the boobirds come out when they lose games they should (BU, CHCA etc) and happen to lose games they maybe coulda'/shoulda'/woulda' won. They also somehow find a way to come out of the woodwork when they win games they should win (unsurprisingly, such games come against schools in the same boat [to an extent] that ND is in, e.g. BR and FC.) The irony of that part is the fact it's simple matters of waxes-and-wanes; ND is on a general waxing period. They aren't always in those! Some years they wear the shoe on the other foot. It happens! It's fine! Compare ND to a list of Catholic schools that were in the same boat in Ohio and West Virginia at the same time ND was the second-smallest football playing school in the state (wasn't that long ago): Fostoria St. Wendelin, Bellaire St. John -- those schools CLOSED for crying out loud. West Virginia: Bishop Donahue (CLOSED), Clarksburg Notre Dame and Parkersburg Catholic (neither have football anymore.) For all the whining about how the team isn't very good (from their own fans on here), at least they have a team? The tradition didn't completely disappear into thin air. For all the vague complaints about the coaches and their supposed wrongdoings -- there are pathways ND and its sponsoring system have to address those concerns; SEOPS isn't one of them.

It's highly ironic that some of this crap flies on here. Having irrational fans, that are to the point of complete denial of the facts before their eyes, isn't unique to ND -- but the sheer volume and insistence that it is the coach's fault, and not possibly the real-life influences of the message board personas here onto the actual program (its players, the chatter in the stands) is too rich to not acknowledge. And to that point, it frankly makes ND look way worse in the process and begets no sympathy from their peers elsewhere up the stream on the Diocesan side. They are, in general, acting super-embarrassing in the entire process (where is RelaxGoat, by the way? Oh, I see he was banned! I wonder why.)

Jimbobscousin
Waterboy

Post by Jimbobscousin »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:43 am
greygoose wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 pm Dang had to go back and look at some of his old post, yeah not a very good look especially because it does seem like a coach. He's way to defensive about anything posted even if it's something small. Not sure what is going on in ND but maybe it is time for a change as things have become a bit stale on the field and problematic off of it.
I doubt it's Ashley.

Really the problem here is the ND posters -- they can't be told anything. Low-ceiling program with obvious limitations stemming from the fact its a low-enrollment Catholic school in a part of the state (for that matter, the country) that barely has enough resources (money, families) to support it? Nah... can't be: it's obviously the coach's fault. It's not like we're discussing Waverly and the ability to compete against West, Wheelersburg etc in SOC II play and beyond in the playoffs. Nope. We're talking the smallest of the small. Thread-barren rosters, except for Northwest, that pose tremendous difficulties in terms of personnel adjustments and capabilities when an injury or two hits.

The last time ND went looking for a coach, post-Ashley, they landed a guy from outside the area who did way worse than BA's first stint. Frankly the general prospects for ND to acquire (and retain) a good coach are NOT good. Hiring someone with the intent that they also work at the school is non-existent because their compensation package (although this isn't really ND's fault) is trash in comparison to the publics. When it comes to trying to get the program built up on raw numbers, through whatever means it takes, in the prism of secondary education being a market commodity they do NOT have much 'pull' because Wheelersburg is a titan academically and athletically, West is generally decent by comparison and Portsmouth at least has nicer facilities on the school and sports side with an otherwise general "enough" going for them. Like, all of these things are real problems -- individually they would be at least somewhat easier to overcome (if ND had no ability to attract "better" candidates but at least had more opportunities to grow, it would be one thing; vice-versa if they had more ability to garner in qualified people who could be reasonably interested in coaching at a place where the numbers are handcuffed for reasons 'x', 'y' and 'z') but put together they just reinforce the impenetrable cycle that the program CANNOT get out of.

Everyone yearns for the 70's, 80's and 90's. I get it. Those days are gone. The reality of the situation unfortunately makes it impossible for ND to be a consistently-competitive program with attainable aspirations bigger than frankly beating Green, East, winning the SOC I. Really even in the "best" of situations they're not even a player come playoffs for the reasons I've stated. This, again, is one of those years. But, alas, the boobirds come out when they lose games they should (BU, CHCA etc) and happen to lose games they maybe coulda'/shoulda'/woulda' won. They also somehow find a way to come out of the woodwork when they win games they should win (unsurprisingly, such games come against schools in the same boat [to an extent] that ND is in, e.g. BR and FC.) The irony of that part is the fact it's simple matters of waxes-and-wanes; ND is on a general waxing period. They aren't always in those! Some years they wear the shoe on the other foot. It happens! It's fine! Compare ND to a list of Catholic schools that were in the same boat in Ohio and West Virginia at the same time ND was the second-smallest football playing school in the state (wasn't that long ago): Fostoria St. Wendelin, Bellaire St. John -- those schools CLOSED for crying out loud. West Virginia: Bishop Donahue (CLOSED), Clarksburg Notre Dame and Parkersburg Catholic (neither have football anymore.) For all the whining about how the team isn't very good (from their own fans on here), at least they have a team? The tradition didn't completely disappear into thin air. For all the vague complaints about the coaches and their supposed wrongdoings -- there are pathways ND and its sponsoring system have to address those concerns; SEOPS isn't one of them.

It's highly ironic that some of this crap flies on here. Having irrational fans, that are to the point of complete denial of the facts before their eyes, isn't unique to ND -- but the sheer volume and insistence that it is the coach's fault, and not possibly the real-life influences of the message board personas here onto the actual program (its players, the chatter in the stands) is too rich to not acknowledge. And to that point, it frankly makes ND look way worse in the process and begets no sympathy from their peers elsewhere up the stream on the Diocesan side. They are, in general, acting super-embarrassing in the entire process (where is RelaxGoat, by the way? Oh, I see he was banned! I wonder why.)

Excellent post. ND is in a tough position as far as hiring coaches and teachers. The people that work there for any length of time are there because of dedication to the kids because they are not doing it for the money.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Jimbobscousin wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:53 am
I doubt it's Ashley.

Excellent post. ND is in a tough position as far as hiring coaches and teachers. The people that work there for any length of time are there because of dedication to the kids because they are not doing it for the money.
Maybe they should just give up? Either that or schedule some more FC type opponents for easy wins. Maybe Belpre, Manchester, Millersport added to FC and ZRC. That would get them to 5-5 at worst.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:37 am
Jimbobscousin wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:53 am

I doubt it's Ashley.

Maybe they should just give up? Either that or schedule some more FC type opponents for easy wins. Maybe Belpre, Manchester, Millersport added to FC and ZRC. That would get them to 5-5 at worst.
5-5 at best*, most years.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Looks like it could be a muddy game... Sorry the other posts were depressing me. The team that takes care of the ball wins. Go Cats!

jsteth
Waterboy

Post by jsteth »

I doubt it's Ashley.

You dont need to quote the entire excuse book in one post. Hopefully those that actually do things at fc and nd never purchased the same book but maybe they did which would explain why they are where they are right now

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

jsteth wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:25 pm You dont need to quote the entire excuse book in one post. Hopefully those that actually do things at fc and nd never purchased the same book but maybe they did which would explain why they are where they are right now
Would you have rather me quoted Green Eggs and Ham?
:)

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Notre Dame is not all doom and gloom. The school and football team struggled and reached it's lowest point back in 2002. That year we had the "Sweet Sixteen". Sixteen football players (I believe 11 of those were freshmen and sophomores) that really took a thumping but saved the football program. I think they are one of the most important group of players in the schools football history ---- no glory, no wins but played when the odds were truly against them to keep things afloat. There was a lot of support for that group.

Today --- we have good numbers and things are definitely trending in the right direction. There are waiting lists for most the the elementary grades and I believe at least one of the high school classes. Numbers have steadily increased over the last 4 - 5 years. The voucher program is an absolute GAME CHANGER. No longer is money a barrier for attending the school. Notre Dame is starting to grow for the first time in a very long time. I also know there have been discussions and actual plans reviewed for the building of a new school. I went to public schools and then Notre Dame my last 4 years. One of the best decisions my parents ever made on my behalf. It is a family --- go to school together, work on fundraisers together, pray and go to church together.

The football team will see better numbers on average moving forward --- just by virtue of enrollment increasing. The team will still go through their good and rough seasons. It is fine to bring up our complaints but I believe they should be done in a constructive way. True character always reveals itself when things get rough. I agree with FormerFcFan ----- lets support the team and players and be constructive in our comments. Some of the comments may be valid but they lose all purpose in the hateful way they are conveyed.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Saturday Night Football Undefeated Green Bobcats @ Notre Dame ..... Spartan Stadium

Post by mattash »

going to be a good crowd at Spartan tomorrow night?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Re: Saturday Night Football Undefeated Green Bobcats @ Notre Dame ..... Spartan Stadium

Post by QB SNEAK »

Thank you Matt for getting this back about the game. I felt like I have been reading a Brady family meeting between ND fans. Anyway Green improves to 7-0

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

I know I will be in attendance at Saturday Night.
I have not seen Notre Dame this season. I did get to see Green earlier in the season when they hosted Fisher Catholic in week 2.

Green has a nice misdirection running game. The offense is very to similar in structure to what Fort Frye runs. Green will need to cover up the ball and control the clock to be successful.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

dirt_cinders wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:55 pm Notre Dame is not all doom and gloom. The school and football team struggled and reached it's lowest point back in 2002. That year we had the "Sweet Sixteen". Sixteen football players (I believe 11 of those were freshmen and sophomores) that really took a thumping but saved the football program. I think they are one of the most important group of players in the schools football history ---- no glory, no wins but played when the odds were truly against them to keep things afloat. There was a lot of support for that group.

Today --- we have good numbers and things are definitely trending in the right direction. There are waiting lists for most the the elementary grades and I believe at least one of the high school classes. Numbers have steadily increased over the last 4 - 5 years. The voucher program is an absolute GAME CHANGER. No longer is money a barrier for attending the school. Notre Dame is starting to grow for the first time in a very long time. I also know there have been discussions and actual plans reviewed for the building of a new school. I went to public schools and then Notre Dame my last 4 years. One of the best decisions my parents ever made on my behalf. It is a family --- go to school together, work on fundraisers together, pray and go to church together.

The football team will see better numbers on average moving forward --- just by virtue of enrollment increasing. The team will still go through their good and rough seasons. It is fine to bring up our complaints but I believe they should be done in a constructive way. True character always reveals itself when things get rough. I agree with FormerFcFan ----- lets support the team and players and be constructive in our comments. Some of the comments may be valid but they lose all purpose in the hateful way they are conveyed.
Great post. I get some of the complaints on here, but airing them out on SEOPreps ain’t gonna solve anything. Some of these ND posters think it still 1987.

As for tomorrow night, Hart runs wild over Green and ND wins 34-21. Also think ND wins out and gets a home playoff game.*

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

mattash wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:12 pm going to be a good crowd at Spartan tomorrow night?
Should be but rain could keep people away

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!

Return to “Football”