Saturday Night Football Undefeated Green Bobcats @ Notre Dame ..... Spartan Stadium

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Saturday Night Football Undefeated Green Bobcats @ Notre Dame ..... Spartan Stadium

Post by greygoose »

I think most suspected ND to win this game but it was going to be a very telling game for Green. Looks like they had a good showing and played well tonight, they'll move on to NW but I think that's too much of an uphill battle

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Re: Saturday Night Football Undefeated Green Bobcats @ Notre Dame ..... Spartan Stadium

Post by dirt_cinders »

They could meet again in the playoffs -- granted ND wins out. That would be a great rematch.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

the city of Portsmouth is as dead as the stadium, never to rise again.. If it wasn't for gov grants the county and city would not exist.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

They were talking on the radio as if Notre Dame being a tenant at Spartan is up in the air.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:32 pm They were talking on the radio as if Notre Dame being a tenant at Spartan is up in the air.
No one is going to do nothing with that place. Notre dame needs to build a stadium behind the school if possible. I have a ton of memories in spartan stadium and setting up on the levee for games in the 90s. Watch some good playoff games in there.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

The thing about building a stadium behind ND is parking. Yes you have the school parking lot and such but not an easy way to get in or out of the parking lot. I do think they should open the ticket gate on the visitors side at spartan stadium because that is a long walk over if your a visitor.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Wouldn’t it be easier for ND to ask the city to give the stadium to them and then they could begin making improvements? Or is in danger of being condemned?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I doubt Spartan Stadium’s ownership gets transferred. ND would not assume the ownership; it would be the Diocese. Main problem with that is there would be fundamental repairs necessary moving forward (like fixing the visiting bleachers) before a game would be played there.

It’s just better for ND to pay rent in the meantime.

Return to “Football”