Valley 7 - 60 Waverly 2022

baller
Waterboy

Re: WK7 Valley - Waverly

Post by baller »

Waverly had 2 more WR step up last week and prove they want those 2 spots. If they continue to play hard and go up and get the ball with how our young qb is getting better and better. He pulled the ball down numerous times last week and scrambled and found a open guy where in week one he may have thrown it. They are all getting better and better, I for one wouldn't want to be a 3 or 4 seed and draw Waverly in playoffs.
Valley has great group of kids.
But i am going with Tigers in this one

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

baller wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:26 am Waverly had 2 more WR step up last week and prove they want those 2 spots. If they continue to play hard and go up and get the ball with how our young qb is getting better and better. He pulled the ball down numerous times last week and scrambled and found a open guy where in week one he may have thrown it. They are all getting better and better, I for one wouldn't want to be a 3 or 4 seed and draw Waverly in playoffs.
I’m hoping we can slide in and don’t think for a second a team like Unioto isn’t looking at those standings. Love another crack at them, for now let’s go out play some quality ball start to finish and put one on a team for a change.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:28 am
baller wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:26 am Waverly had 2 more WR step up last week and prove they want those 2 spots. If they continue to play hard and go up and get the ball with how our young qb is getting better and better. He pulled the ball down numerous times last week and scrambled and found a open guy where in week one he may have thrown it. They are all getting better and better, I for one wouldn't want to be a 3 or 4 seed and draw Waverly in playoffs.
I’m hoping we can slide in and don’t think for a second a team like Unioto isn’t looking at those standings. Love another crack at them, for now let’s go out play some quality ball start to finish and put one on a team for a change.
I couldn't agree with you more. Keep that offense rolling they have moved the ball good all year and I believe this is the game our d steps up.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Tigers by as much as they want

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:19 pm Waverly should only be 3-3 and their record does indicate how good they are.

West is a better team
Chillicothe is a better team(still lame for canceling last year and not taking their lumps)
Johnson Central is a better team

Only game that Waverly lost that they should of won was Unioto. But Unioto has to win at some point after historically being beat down by Waverly. A loss is hard to avoid when giving away 18 points to start. But they learned from it.

Waverly also had a nice win against a Miami trace team that aren’t slouches themselves. Pretty sure they were playing Jackson close until the 4th 28-21 after 3 If I’m right. That was a nice win for such a young team.

It’s tough scheduling and we should be proud. Waverly only had one gimme game to start the year and that’s oak hill.

I thought Valley would be better this year and were on the path to 7-3 at the worst. In many years 9-1 would be the low for the team that they are fielding. They scheduled a Portsmouth team that is very talented but underachieving and a good coal grove team. They have a tough non conference schedule and it shows. They are much better than 3-3. One bad loss to northwest.

This game is anyones game. Valley has the size and talent to win. So does Waverly.

I’m thrilled that they played west so well. I wasn’t thrilled with how close west played us last year. Or Portsmouth for that matter. But I’ve quietly had Portsmouth west as my favorite to win the SOC 2 this year. I just don’t want to hear the burg fan base(huge on here) give me grief for it.

Every win should be considered a blessing. Waverly historically doesn’t do as well or play as well as they should after having this much success. We lost to the state champ in the playoffs last year and was very competitive in that game. If you were there you know Futhey scored and that wasn’t a fumble and knew there was a 14 or 21 point swing afterwards. That game could of went a lot differently if we had a run heavy Clinton Massie playing catch up. The year before was a dropped pass on 4th down from a different outcome. We have been blessed considering our history so let’s not get greedy.

This is a year of no expectations. So sit back and enjoy what success they have has because anything over 1 win considering the schedule shows you how far Waverly has come as a program.
Very well said.

I hope the kids finish it out strong. I was impressed with the offensive line and they have a stud in Hurd. I dont think Valley is tough enough on the defensive side of the ball to play against a very hardened and battle tested Waverly team. It might be close for a while but I think Waverly is 3 scores better.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

With the projected remnants of hurricane ian heading near ohio, will weather be an issue on Friday.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

FIDO wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:00 am With the projected remnants of hurricane ian heading near ohio, will weather be an issue on Friday.
Looks like Friday should be good, as of now looks like first chance of rain is Saturday.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

I think this Friday will be a good night for football, last week was perfect. I hope this game is as good as some of the basketball games have been the last few years. Valley cleaned it up last week but still had a few flags they won't be able to afford them against the Tigers. I really like the no huddle style especially when it is working smooth, but bad things have happened when the play clock gets down on the Indians. Valley will need to be crisp and utilize all their weapons this week to get the win.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Looking forward to watching this one!

I want to make a future request for Valley.....go with the LSU look uniforms, would be SICK! K, thanks.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Me too. Has Valley played any games in the new uniforms? They were supposed to be in recently i think. Hoping for a good game. If Valley can limit turnovers and silly penalties, they will have a chance.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I think every game the last 3 or 4 weeks has been in the new uniforms. I really like the white jet with gold pants the wore on the road. The purple home jersey looked good too.

I also agree with fan of youth about the no huddle. It’s looked really good most of the year. The offense has been a bright spot almost all year with penalties being the main issue when they haven’t scored. Some of the guys on both sides of the line have jumped quite a bit.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Yeah, i really feel if we can limit penalties, we can stay in the game. Might end up being a shootout.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

This game will be interesting. Waverly and Valley have been up and down. Valley is small in size. How do they matchup on the line?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

No idea what kind of size Waverly's linemen have. If I had to guess, size wise probably match up pretty good, but not sure about depth. Valley is down a lineman from the beginning of the season, but have made some moves on the line the last few games. We will see.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Valley has good size on the line. Some changes have been made the last few weeks that have added a little more speed to the defensive line. The speed is nice and helps give some rest to the bigger young men. I watched the utube broadcast this week and the players weren't taking plays off, which is what they have to have. BTW the announcers were great.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Speaking of uniforms I hope Waverly stays away from the gray I just don’t like that shade of it

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly is down two veteran linemen.
The Tigers have played the much tougher schedule but I wouldn’t be fooled into thinking Valley is the underdog playing at home and being able to throw the ball all over the field. Waverly will have to get quick pressure on the QB. The Tiger offense is coming around and should be able to put some points on the board. Which defense will step up?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

This valley team if they played the way they did last week all year they would been 6-0 they looked totally different at times. Nickel came in and it was like night and day. I think waverly has a strong run game which is what we has struggled with but to be fair everyone has struggled with the coal grove back and that beast they call a fullback at northwest that kid has impressed me the most this season reminded me of a bigger Brice Crabtree we had several years ago. I’d like to sit here and say valley has a punchers chance but it’s going to take a miracle for them to pull off the upset. Valley will move the ball but can they stop anyone with Moore being out for the season.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:46 am This valley team if they played the way they did last week all year they would been 6-0 they looked totally different at times. Nickel came in and it was like night and day. I think waverly has a strong run game which is what we has struggled with but to be fair everyone has struggled with the coal grove back and that beast they call a fullback at northwest that kid has impressed me the most this season reminded me of a bigger Brice Crabtree we had several years ago. I’d like to sit here and say valley has a punchers chance but it’s going to take a miracle for them to pull off the upset. Valley will move the ball but can they stop anyone with Moore being out for the season.
It won’t be an upset either way….

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valleys game plan of not covering anyone doesn’t seem to be working tonight

Return to “Football”