Valley 7 - 60 Waverly 2022

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Re: WK7 Valley - Waverly

Post by ValleyStrong »

Defense???? Responsibilities. Who has containment? Either kids way out of position, or scheme does not work with the kids we have.Same issues...

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley just are not able to execute anything tonight. They have had 4 plays that would have been a td if the ball was either caught or the pass wasn’t overthrown. On defense they are struggling with just about everything.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

ValleyStrong wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:34 pm Defense???? Responsibilities. Who has containment? Either kids way out of position, or scheme does not work with the kids we have.Same issues...
You’re right the linebackers have not made a play all night and always out of position. Most of the time we don’t have a guy within 5 yards of the receivers.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

4:20 Second
33-0

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

6:40 Third
47-7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

4:16
Peters pic 6
53-7

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

I dont understand why Valley never adjusts. The are getting beat over the top just like Portsmouth beat them in week 1. There many many problems on the reservation and it's gonna take more than weight lifting to correct it.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

7:58
Waverly INT in end zone
53-7

6:39
Waverly’s Creed Smith around 70 yard scamper.
60-7

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Not much to say here. Congrats to Waverly!

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

I’ve said it time and time again… defense is not good. Giving up way way too many points. Is it time for Crabtree to have that talk with his coordinator?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

First of all, compliments to the Valley Sports Network broadcast of the game. First class in all respects.

Second, compliments to Valley on their facility. First class in all respects.

As to Waverly, a needed win with improved performance. A confidence builder going forward.

As to Valley, they battled but just did not have the execution on a night their opponent could do wrong.

Valley has some good talent. They moved the ball well through the air with ease at times. Just could not get any defensive stops. Smurray's stats will be interesting.

Waverly next has the unenvyable task of hosting Wheelersburg.

Valley travels to Portsmouth West.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Yeah like coop said not much to go with here, Waverly came out quick fast and in a hurry. The valley defense not sure the game plan looked like it was simply out to stop the run. Glad we walked away healthy as did valley but it’s on to next week and back to the grind against Burg. Good luck to valley moving forward.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:39 pm I’ve said it time and time again… defense is not good. Giving up way way too many points. Is it time for Crabtree to have that talk with his coordinator?
Schemes and personnel go hand in hand. Time for the TALK!! Unacceptable. Back to drawing board time.

Offense keep your head up. Couple dropped passes, and picks. Clean rhat up, and a different game offensively.

FIDO
S

Re: Valley 7 - 60 Waverly 2022

Post by FIDO »

It is tough to see this score. No amount of coaching can fix giving up 60. Sometimes teams are more talented. All you can do is continue to work hard and get better. It is what it is. Faulting and blaming cant fix this. Jmo

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

FIDO wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:22 pm It is tough to see this score. No amount of coaching can fix giving up 60. Sometimes teams are more talented. All you can do is continue to work hard and get better. It is what it is. Faulting and blaming cant fix this. Jmo
Agree

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

FIDO wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:22 pm It is tough to see this score. No amount of coaching can fix giving up 60. Sometimes teams are more talented. All you can do is continue to work hard and get better. It is what it is. Faulting and blaming cant fix this. Jmo
If that is the case then maybe time for Valley to drop conferences for a couple years to rebuild. But i disagree that it is a talent issue. If talent was our downfall then we wouldnt be able to move the ball which we can. Especially if the drops are catches.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

When you pull the safeties up in the box to begin the night you take your chances one on one with the other D-backs. It didn't work at all. I hear a lot about having to stop the run, well Valley had three L's before tonight. Portsmouth beat Valley with special teams and the long ball in one on one matchups. The two L's to running teams were against teams that lineup toe to toe and had a BIG back that made yards after contact. Waverly is not that type of running team at all. Hurd is good but he is more quick and elusive rather than one to drag a pile. Stacking your playmakers in traffic hampers their ability to find attack lanes. I am still scratching my head on this one.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I respect your opinion. Some would argue dropped passes are indicative of talent level. Besides, dropped passes dont give up 60.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:41 pm Yeah like coop said not much to go with here, Waverly came out quick fast and in a hurry. The valley defense not sure the game plan looked like it was simply out to stop the run. Glad we walked away healthy as did valley but it’s on to next week and back to the grind against Burg. Good luck to valley moving forward.
Last edited by baller on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

I saw his dad at locker room at half I hope he is ok
Great QB and kid is a class act
Great win congrats Tigers

Return to “Football”