Valley 7 - 60 Waverly 2022

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: WK7 Valley - Waverly

Post by Rolltanks »

I definitely think waverly is better than the record lot of ppl are high on us zt and pv in the svc and I think waverly is better or at the least a toss up vs any of us. I knew they would be right there with west.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly 45-24

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

When things aren’t going well sour fans always go after the coaches and etc.

Waverly has been very good lately.

As I said…it’s an uphill battle, but any Friday night!

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

coop wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:09 pm When things aren’t going well sour fans always go after the coaches and etc.

Exactly right, some simply aren’t used to or didn’t understand the numbers we lost. With our schedule and all the talent we had to replace I said it at the beginning and still saying it now, 5-5 was most logical pick and if the ball bounced right maybe we seen 6-4. Just like all the ppl talking about fixing the secondary, yet they must not realize we’re probably giving up close to or over 300 a game on the ground. Goes to show the knowledge, you give up 300 a game on the ground you haven’t gotten to the QB yet for sacks or even pressure what exactly is the secondary supposed to do?? How’s valley looking this year coop?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:23 pm
coop wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:09 pm When things aren’t going well sour fans always go after the coaches and etc.

Exactly right, some simply aren’t used to or didn’t understand the numbers we lost. With our schedule and all the talent we had to replace I said it at the beginning and still saying it now, 5-5 was most logical pick and if the ball bounced right maybe we seen 6-4. Just like all the ppl talking about fixing the secondary, yet they must not realize we’re probably giving up close to or over 300 a game on the ground. Goes to show the knowledge, you give up 300 a game on the ground you haven’t gotten to the QB yet for sacks or even pressure what exactly is the secondary supposed to do?? How’s valley looking this year coop?
Absolutely!!!!

Valley is somewhat of a mystery right now (even tho we’re in week 7 lol) we’re 3-3 but could legitimately be 5-1…first slew of games Valley was playing sloppy and undisciplined at times.

A few changes have been made, and I think it vastly improves the Indians, is that enough to beat Waverly? I’m not too sure. As stated by many both have issues they need to iron out play wise, and not listed to the outside noise, play hard and enjoy the game. It’s a transition period for Valley and I just hope Lucasville is patient enough to realize that because there is a LOT of talent coming up as well.

Do I think Valley can win, I do….but it will take a few breaks. Are they the favorite, of course not.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

coop wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:28 pm

Absolutely!!!!

Valley is somewhat of a mystery right now (even tho we’re in week 7 lol) we’re 3-3 but could legitimately be 5-1…first slew of games Valley was playing sloppy and undisciplined at times.

A few changes have been made, and I think it vastly improves the Indians, is that enough to beat Waverly? I’m not too sure. As stated by many both have issues they need to iron out play wise, and not listed to the outside noise, play hard and enjoy the game. It’s a transition period for Valley and I just hope Lucasville is patient enough to realize that because there is a LOT of talent coming up as well.

Do I think Valley can win, I do….but it will take a few breaks. Are they the favorite, of course not.
Thanks, if we can avoid the slow start I like our chances. Good luck to you guys stay healthy and safe.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Absolutely!!!!

That’s about as good as anyone can say it. Valley was in every game this year. If special teams didn’t give up a blocked kick in all those games things might have been different. Would we have one if carter was qb all year who knows. Arnett is a way better runner and has done great but we didn’t call enough runs for him to make much a difference. But hats off to the coaching staff a lot of teams don’t make to many changes once the season starts except for injury’s but every game this year they have made a few changes. I kind of doubt it’s even possible at this point well unless we get some big upsets but if we somehow got into the playoffs we would definitely win some games.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Penalties, special teams, and defensive line play are the reason Valley is 3-3 and not 5-1 or 6-0. Carter does throw it better than George but George seems to make good on the run stuff. But I don’t think, actually I am very positive that the QB spot hasn’t been the reason for the losses. I do wonder if we will see more split time because both have strengths.

Reading the stuff from Waverly fans is pretty interesting considering how much they have won in recent years. Same with Valley, I don’t think people see the real challenges they just second guess because it’s easier than accepting the skill level of some kids.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Waverly should only be 3-3 and their record does indicate how good they are.

West is a better team
Chillicothe is a better team(still lame for canceling last year and not taking their lumps)
Johnson Central is a better team

Only game that Waverly lost that they should of won was Unioto. But Unioto has to win at some point after historically being beat down by Waverly. A loss is hard to avoid when giving away 18 points to start. But they learned from it.

Waverly also had a nice win against a Miami trace team that aren’t slouches themselves. Pretty sure they were playing Jackson close until the 4th 28-21 after 3 If I’m right. That was a nice win for such a young team.

It’s tough scheduling and we should be proud. Waverly only had one gimme game to start the year and that’s oak hill.

I thought Valley would be better this year and were on the path to 7-3 at the worst. In many years 9-1 would be the low for the team that they are fielding. They scheduled a Portsmouth team that is very talented but underachieving and a good coal grove team. They have a tough non conference schedule and it shows. They are much better than 3-3. One bad loss to northwest.

This game is anyones game. Valley has the size and talent to win. So does Waverly.

I’m thrilled that they played west so well. I wasn’t thrilled with how close west played us last year. Or Portsmouth for that matter. But I’ve quietly had Portsmouth west as my favorite to win the SOC 2 this year. I just don’t want to hear the burg fan base(huge on here) give me grief for it.

Every win should be considered a blessing. Waverly historically doesn’t do as well or play as well as they should after having this much success. We lost to the state champ in the playoffs last year and was very competitive in that game. If you were there you know Futhey scored and that wasn’t a fumble and knew there was a 14 or 21 point swing afterwards. That game could of went a lot differently if we had a run heavy Clinton Massie playing catch up. The year before was a dropped pass on 4th down from a different outcome. We have been blessed considering our history so let’s not get greedy.

This is a year of no expectations. So sit back and enjoy what success they have has because anything over 1 win considering the schedule shows you how far Waverly has come as a program.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If the Tigers play the way that they did this past weekend against the Siders, I would probably have to give them the edge. I know that the Indians played very well against Oak Hill, but then so has everyone else. Even at that, I never underestimate Valley. Hopefully it will be a great ballgame, and also really wish for an injury free game for both teams.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:43 am

Absolutely!!!!

That’s about as good as anyone can say it. Valley was in every game this year. If special teams didn’t give up a blocked kick in all those games things might have been different. Would we have one if carter was qb all year who knows. Arnett is a way better runner and has done great but we didn’t call enough runs for him to make much a difference. But hats off to the coaching staff a lot of teams don’t make to many changes once the season starts except for injury’s but every game this year they have made a few changes. I kind of doubt it’s even possible at this point well unless we get some big upsets but if we somehow got into the playoffs we would definitely win some games.
Is Carter getting put back at QB?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:13 pm
Izladoom wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:43 am

Absolutely!!!!

Is Carter getting put back at QB?
Not sure but he did replace him last game in the second half but that might just been a one game thing but he looked amazing again it was against oak hill and at a time when they was gassed but the ball just looked better and he was incredibly accurate

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Waverly by 28

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I'd like to see Valley get the W in this one, but a lot of things would have to go perfect for Valley to get the win. I just want to see Valley compete and play a complete game.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Wav by 21

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I’ll go tigers by 13 get things back headed in the right direction, valley will be very feisty and well coached. Fight On Waverly!

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tigernation2021
Varsity

transplant wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:50 am I'd like to see Valley get the W in this one, but a lot of things would have to go perfect for Valley to get the win. I just want to see Valley compete and play a complete game.
That’s what we want also, we’ve yet to put 4 full quarters together. Nothing like looking up and being down double digits half way through the 1st quarter.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I think this has potential to be a real good game. Valley wins games that defense plays well. Without a doubt that will be what has to happen Friday for them to win.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:32 pm
transplant wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:50 am I'd like to see Valley get the W in this one, but a lot of things would have to go perfect for Valley to get the win. I just want to see Valley compete and play a complete game.
That’s what we want also, we’ve yet to put 4 full quarters together. Nothing like looking up and being down double digits half way through the 1st quarter.
Yeah that makes it tough for sure. Hoping for a good game.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Valley should be able to put things together offensively, as long as they are able to get time on the field. Everything else will be a wait and see, both teams are growing and improving. Good Luck to both teams, but I hope Valley squeaks this one out. Possibility of a tied game going into overtime?

Return to “Football”