Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: WK7 Valley - Waverly

Post by Omega »

Waverly is 2-4 (0-1 SOC), Valley 3-3 (1-0 SOC) Tigers have lost 4 in a row, LV has won 3 of their last 4.

Both teams capable of scoring big time. Both teams capable of surrendering tons of points. Given the Tigers have played a stronger schedule, Waverly should be favored. However if Waverly keeps up their pattern of falling behind early by multiple scores, Valley has the ability to win the game.

I am guessing Waverly wins on the last possession, 42-35.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley made some changes tonight for the better and played smarter football.

Valley has the horses to keep this close and stay in it, but they’ll have to play mistake free football to do so.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Waverly wins this. They almost pulled a upset over west and played them very well.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

This will be a tough game for valley as they can struggle stopping the run but they just played their best game of the season tonight I see this game going like the coal grove game with both teams scoring a ton of points but valley will have to play pretty much perfect for them to win

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Waverly walks away with it.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Waverly will win this Valley has looked good at times but I think the edge bodes well with the tigers

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Valley looked pretty good tonight. The thing I noticed was the D line was standing their ground and allowing the LB's to fill the lanes. I think things are looking up. Waverly surprised me with their passing attack against West it was a battle all the way. This should be an interesting game.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

I have seen some highlights on Valley and sounds like they made some switches tonight to help but they also took on OH so I'm not really reading a lot into that. We've played arguably one of the toughest schedules these last 4 weeks straight and I think you seen against West it's something that is paying off even with the youth we have. I know we've sustained some injuries and hopefully this week in practice we can keep the healthy, healthy and the guys who are beat up can rest up and be ready. If we continue our success, we showed against West I see no reason why we can't go into Valley and take that one by 2 or 3 scores. The one thing we're lacking is putting a full 4 quarters together we've put ourselves behind by double digits in every game this season and down 21 and 20 2 different times against West, let's come out from start to finish and see how things unfold.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Don’t know if any of the injured Olinemen will be back for the Tigers but the injuries are mounting up.
Waverly should be much more battle tested….

Sounds like Valley made some changes - Waverly has to do something about the secondary. Valley can pass the ball.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

If we would teach our kids how to properly tackle and quit yanking kids out for mistakes on defense and grow our secondary then we will get better we wasn’t that bad first 2 games and was getting better and then they started switching everything up non stop playing kids that shouldn’t be out there just like Q not playing much at start of season Why? Instead of tearing them down teach them how to tackle and how to get in right position to much pointing fingers at kids when they are not being taught in practice of course they look good in practice they go against jv team. Starters should go against starters 1 on 1 drills teach them to guard pass where they want them etc

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

It is crazy how many times parents and fans with no understanding of coaching or no experience with coaches criticize coaches. Coaches don’t play kids that aren’t the best. Coaches want to win games. Crab knows what he is doing and he has won enough games to have the right to coach his team. Sometimes when you lose so much talent it takes a few weeks to move guys around and get your best 11 on the field. My advice to all the message board geniuses on here go get your coaching classes done and start applying for jobs.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

I agree need to quit going against jv in practice need to do 1 on 1 starter against starter. Roll tanks is right but not this time there is a lot of politics in waverly. They want to win but to many good kids on sidelines. Q got first start last week and had 14 tackles Logan had 9 tackles last week and doesn’t hardly play this week give me break.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:55 am It is crazy how many times parents and fans with no understanding of coaching or no experience with coaches criticize coaches. Coaches don’t play kids that aren’t the best. Coaches want to win games. Crab knows what he is doing and he has won enough games to have the right to coach his team. Sometimes when you lose so much talent it takes a few weeks to move guys around and get your best 11 on the field. My advice to all the message board geniuses on here go get your coaching classes done and start applying for jobs.
You don’t know what happens in practice you are wrong and I know quit a bit when it comes to football

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:54 pm Waverly wins this. They almost pulled a upset over west and played them very well.
Agreed

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:30 am
Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:55 am It is crazy how many times parents and fans with no understanding of coaching or no experience with coaches criticize coaches. Coaches don’t play kids that aren’t the best. Coaches want to win games. Crab knows what he is doing and he has won enough games to have the right to coach his team. Sometimes when you lose so much talent it takes a few weeks to move guys around and get your best 11 on the field. My advice to all the message board geniuses on here go get your coaching classes done and start applying for jobs.
You don’t know what happens in practice you are wrong and I know quit a bit when it comes to football
Sounds like you are ready to apply for the job. You can complete all required courses online now I believe but might have to wait till the summer to do your cpr cause I believe it has to be renewed every year. Someone on here should be able to get you in touch with the superintendent to set up an interview good luck to you.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Waverly by 4 scores

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

I think waverly can win this one. I think people need to quit putting all the blame on the kids. While I don’t agree with people getting on here pointing fingers at coaches I will say sometimes need to get back to basics when kids are young on d and may not know exactly what there doing wrong. We do have few coaches that like to yell to much and not explain stuff enough. I have seen Bolin explain stuff really well to these kids many times and while knight rips them little to much I don’t believe he does it out of being mad at them I think it’s just his method of coaching and I’m fine with that. I do totally agree we need to prepare starter vs starter with differnt drills if Infact they do not do it. I helped coach numerous football camps and we always do one on one drills with best on best. Only way to get better
2-4 could be 4-2 easily
Learning new things when you coach. I know Every coach and they want to win trust me. coaches don’t look at these threads and if they do they shouldn’t. Seems there is one thread on here that is a coach and seems to put his comment on everybody’s post
Good luck to the Tigers I for one am proud of them. All kids make mistakes and they know when they do and the coaches remind them they did they don’t adults living in there past to remind them on some site on what they need to do. Kids know when they missed a tackle or missed a hole running or maybe under thru a ball lots of differnt things when on field. Easy to pick kids apart from stands. Grow up people let the kids play the game and let the coaches coach it. If your kid isn’t playing he prob isn’t good enough and if he is maybe he doesn’t do what he should in practice
Got to play hard every day not just Friday

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

If Waverly was 4-2 ppl wouldn’t be complaining, this team fought tooth and nail last night and were just a few plays away from pulling off the upset. I think we showed SEO that we are much better than our record indicates. I’d like to see us get a bit more pressure on the QB as we’ve had very few sacks this year. I’m very happy with our progression and let’s not forget this team is young at certain positions. Mason Kelly 5 tds last night sophomore, Kody Swords 2 TD catches sophomore, Mason Pollard 11 catches 2 TDs sophomore, these kids help light up a veteran West team. Time to move on to Valley and continue getting better let’s drop our best football on these last 4 teams and see what happens if we slip into the playoffs. Everyone is saying burg and west forgone conclusion teams best not overlook us.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:30 am
And the only way you could know what goes in practice is if you’re a coach (which I doubt) or a parent to a player. And odds are if that’s the case you won’t hear the full story on everything. Crabby is an amazing coach with a great staff around him who know what they’re doing. Like RollTanks said, if you think you can do better start applying for that job.

Return to “Football”