Zane Trace 35 - 31 Unioto 2022

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: Zane Trace 35 - 31 Unioto 2022

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Does anyone have video of the 4th down conversion?
I was watching the stream and it looked close to me. Bam bam but it looked like he caught it right at the first down and then was bumped back.
Fun game to watch.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:41 am Does anyone have video of the 4th down conversion?
I was watching the stream and it looked close to me. Bam bam but it looked like he caught it right at the first down and then was bumped back.
Fun game to watch.
There’s a couple floating around Facebook. The ref on the ZT sideline was marking it a first down before the ball was even thrown. Seems like his mind was already made up

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Game changer was when Unioto had the ball up 3 and on first down, #2 had his head turned around sideways by the facemask and there were 2 refs less than 5 yards away and somehow missed it. Then called a phantom facemask on Unioto on the punt a few plays later.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:41 am Does anyone have video of the 4th down conversion?
Fun game to watch.
Zane Trace person here. The ball was caught well behind the 45 yard line which is where they needed to get to for the first down. The ref is standing there looking at it. Must needs glasses. ZT got a break and took advantage of it.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:31 pm
Fun game to watch.
There’s a couple floating around Facebook. The ref on the ZT sideline was marking it a first down before the ball was even thrown. Seems like his mind was already made up
You really going to cry about the refs? The play you speak of was really close. The kid caught the ball and given forward progress before his knee went down. Right call or not it was close and went Zt’s way. There were missed calls all game long. They could of very easily called a late hit on that same play. A Unioto kid came in and hit the Zt receiver after his knee was down. Let’s not sit on here and try to make it seem that Zt only won because of a close call. It was a great game, unbelievable atmosphere and unfortunately Unioto came out on the wrong side.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Svcguru wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:52 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:31 pm
Fun game to watch.
You really going to cry about the refs? The play you speak of was really close. The kid caught the ball and given forward progress before his knee went down. Right call or not it was close and went Zt’s way. There were missed calls all game long. They could of very easily called a late hit on that same play. A Unioto kid came in and hit the Zt receiver after his knee was down. Let’s not sit on here and try to make it seem that Zt only won because of a close call. It was a great game, unbelievable atmosphere and unfortunately Unioto came out on the wrong side.
ZT played a good game and both teams probably deserved to win

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:59 am
Bozo wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:55 am
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:57 pm

The timing of that call was brutal. If they give them the real spot. Games probably over
Good thing that there is no instant replay challenges in high school. :lol:
Just sucks a great game like that has calls that effect the outcome that much
Tell that to Huntington last year when they played Unioto.
Bad calls have happened since the beginning of the sport.
Only way to fix it is instant replay.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:52 pm

Good point. Just don’t see that happening ever sadly

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:52 pm

Or Adena against Unioto in basketball last year. Unioto is on the right side of the bad calls 90% of the time.

Return to “Football”