New Lexington at Morgan
Meadowbrook at Coshocton
West Muskingum at Crooksville

teach1coach2
All State

Re: MVL Week 7

Post by teach1coach2 »

Sheridan should beat Philo.
Maysville - John Glenn probably the best game of the night. Loser is pretty much eliminated from playoffs. I think Maysville wins close.
Tri-Valley wins big.

New Lex beats Morgan in a high scoring affair.
Coshocton gets first win over a 1 win Meadowbrook team.
West M hangs 50 on Crooksville.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Agreed Maysville and JG will be the game of night. JG defense should be able to contain Maysville’s O. JG offense is the biggest question. I’ll go JG in a defensive slugfest.
Sheridan by 2-3 TD’s, Philo seems to be playing better after QB change to Preston but Sheridan will be too much.
TV big over RV

NL in a high scoring close game.
I’ve seen Meadowbrook and Coshocton both play JG. Coshocton didn’t move the ball at all, and their only score was on a long sweep they reversed field on and housed, meanwhile Meadowbrook moved the ball pretty well on Jg. I’ll take Meadowbrook.
WM by 30+

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Post by Bluroon »

JG's offense is a mess. First team to 14 wins this one.

I may eat crow on this one but I'll take Morgan winning the turnover battle and grinding it out in a ball control game.

Coshocton by 1 point over the colts.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:46 pm West M hangs 50 on Crooksville.
Has Crooksville given up 50 all year. They're an anomaly where usually teams that score only 12 points this late in the season are giving up 50 -60. It looks like their D is okay....... That being said West wins easily!! :lol:

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Can the MVL get a 6th team in the playoffs? TV, Sheridan, NL, Morgan, and West appear to be in barring anything crazy happening. JG, Maysville, Philo, and RV still have a chance according to Fantastic 50. Crazy to think the Mvl is down in comparison to past years but could very well end up with half of their teams in the playoffs.

Key Remaining Games to the Playoff Picture are:
Wk 8 JG @ RV
Wk9 JG @ Philo
Wk 9 Maysville @ RV
Wk10 Philo @ Maysville

JG can’t afford a lose to anyone besides TV to have a chance. (Must beat Mays, RV, and PH)
Mays. can’t afford to lose to anyone besides SH to have a chance. (Must beat JG, RV, PH)
5-5 gets PH a chance. (losses to TV and SH but must beat JG and Mays)
RV can’t afford a loss to anyone besides TV to have a chance.(must beat JG, Mays, and Coshocton)

Obviously any upset of TV or Sheridan would give these teams some wiggle room but I would be extremely surprised if that occurred. Going to be some “big” games down the stretch between those 4 teams for a potential playoff spot. Whoever ends up 3rd in the big school will have the best shot.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Region 11 has 24 teams, Region 15 has 28 teams, Region 19 has 26 teams, Region 23 has 26 teams, Region 27 has 22 teams.
So with 16 teams making it per region, roughly 2/3 of the teams are making the playoffs.

So statistically, a 12 team league should have 8 teams make the playoffs.

4 MVL teams will make it in a division that has (division record) an 0-5, 1-4, 3-2, 3-2, 4-1, 4-1. And if the worst two teams go 5-0 or 4-1 with non-division games (not likely) then a 5th or 6th team can make it.

When the "best" team wins each week in a division, the 0-5, 1-4, 2-3, 3-2, 4-1, 5-0 division records normally produce 3 playoffs teams. Again, better non-division records give the 4th, 5th, and possibly 6th team a chance.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

I was impressed with Maysville last night, their offense was very unique and tough to defend with lots of motion and overloading of the field (5 receivers to one side of the field at times). Their line isn’t great but they move Bobb out of the pocket and he is money on the move. They also have a lot of athleticism in Armstead and Jarrett that they get the ball to space and let them go.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Hats off to the Crooksville D for holding West M to 7 points in the first half. I missed on the hang 50 prediction.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:55 pm Hats off to the Crooksville D for holding West M to 7 points in the first half. I missed on the hang 50 prediction.
I was at the game at Crooksville friday, their stadium is absolutely beautiful! Got some construction going on but still! Crooksville plays very hard but man are they small! OL and DL are some tiny kids. Saw some 140, 150's on the OL, their program says they play a few freshman. We were able to over power them in the 2nd half and made some really good throws that opened it up! I'm sure Coach Brownrigg told them enough playing around at halftime!

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

New Lex really separated themselves from the rest of the small school division this week. They came out and jumped on Morgan quick.

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:42 am New Lex really separated themselves from the rest of the small school division this week. They came out and jumped on Morgan quick.
They looked really good. To be fair, after that first quarter, Morgan settled down and played much better. They made a couple of mistakes early that gave New Lex short fields. The opening kickoff was a pooch kick that New Lex got at their own 40. 4 plays later, they scored.

Next Morgan possession, they go for it on 4th and 1 from midfield...ZERO problem with the aggressive play call, but to not get it hurt them. That turned into the second TD. Neither of those officially go on the stat sheet as a turnover, but they were in reality.

New Lex really didn't respect Morgan's passing game. I don't think at any point in the game, they had a defender more than 8 yards off the line at the snap. When Niceswanger had time to throw, he did pretty well. With the stacked line, Morgan just could not get their running game going at all. However, they don't want to throw the ball 40+ times in a game.

MichaelMichaelson
Waterboy

Post by MichaelMichaelson »

The MVL is a terrible division. Play in a real conference like the TVC

Return to “Football”