Huntington 26 - 38 Paint Valley 2022

Pop-PopFB70
Waterboy

Huntington 26 - 38 Paint Valley 2022

Post by Pop-PopFB70 »

Huntington playing .500 ball. Paint Valley needs to focus on this week and not think about Unioto and Zane Trace coming up. If PV plays like they're capable and how they have the last couple weeks... I would expect a running clock in the 4th quarter. I hope it's a good game, blow out victories are boring. Thoughts?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: Week 7 - Huntington vs Paint Valley

Post by Tigernation2021 »

PV once again enjoying playing the lower end of the SVC after struggling in the non-conference. Huntington wants to run it PV strong against the run, PV by 28.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Tough non conference games have prepped paint valley for their 2 biggest SVC games, cats take this well with ease and prep for next week

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

PV by 40.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Love to see an upset here

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

No upset happening here, however I do not believe its going to be a 30-40 pt win either. Huntington is going to empty the clip and look at this game as their Super Bowl. I'll take a 21 pt win and get the heck outta there, Injury free would be great.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Huntington 26 - 38 Paint Valley 2022

Post by mattash »

Huntington 26 - 38 Paint Valley

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

First off let me say that Huntington has some scrappy ass football players, never gave up. I have been watching HS football for decades and have very rarely been critical of officials but the crew at Huntington tonight flat out sucked. They did their damnedest to make this a close game, never have I seen so many phantom calls against PV. If this crew is at Unioto next week we have no chance.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Anyone that was able to attend, did the Huntington fullback play tonight? I know he missed the Southeastern game with an ankle injury. Didn't hear one way or the other tonight?

billythekid69
Waterboy

Post by billythekid69 »

#7 Crocker didn’t play.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Bumpy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:43 pm First off let me say that Huntington has some scrappy ass football players, never gave up. I have been watching HS football for decades and have very rarely been critical of officials but the crew at Huntington tonight flat out sucked. They did their damnedest to make this a close game, never have I seen so many phantom calls against PV. If this crew is at Unioto next week we have no chance.
Ours were pretty rough tonight. Hopefully you guys play ZT at home. Never seen a team get calls there

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

billythekid69 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:58 pm #7 Crocker didn’t play.
Thank you

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Bumpy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:43 pm First off let me say that Huntington has some scrappy ass football players, never gave up. I have been watching HS football for decades and have very rarely been critical of officials but the crew at Huntington tonight flat out sucked. They did their damnedest to make this a close game, never have I seen so many phantom calls against PV. If this crew is at Unioto next week we have no chance.
Never seen a game where high school officials intentionally go into a game seeking to "make the game close" or be one sided. Poor officiating is poor officiating, but certainly not one sided! I could probably pick out several plays that were poorly called and my guess it would be a 50/50 split on who they benefited or hurt. Not sure officiating, even though it might have been poor, played any type of role in the outcome.

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Let me also say this... Officials are very few today and they certainly need more! They are human and are subject to human error. Also, just as some of us have bad days, sometimes young men don't always play at the top of their game, and add the pressure that the call you are making does impact the game, even if the right call, and you will understand that it is a difficult job. I appreciate their efforts, whether poor in my opinion or not, and the fact that they are willing to throw on the stripes and attempt to make the game be played as fairly as possible!

Return to “Football”