Varsity

Re: SOVC

Post by Sonny Weaver »

do it

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

After Ironton won the conf everyone would be crying about onside kicks to start games & burg would be on here screaming about their softball team again. 😭

Jimbobscousin
Waterboy

Post by Jimbobscousin »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:19 pm This needs to happen before it's too late. I see some teams bolting in 2-3 years. AD's and Principals for all involved should be setting up a meeting!

Southern Ohio Valley Conference

Division A
Wheelersburg
Ironton
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Ports. West
Fairland
Portsmouth
Coal Grove

Division B

Oak Hill
Rock Hill
Valley
Minford
South Point
Chesapeake
South Webster
Northwest

Division C
Eastern Pike
Symmes Valley
Green
Port. Notre Dame
Western
South Gallia
Glenwood
Clay
Ironton St. Joe

Not going to happen.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Will never happen, why do people keep posting this stuff?

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

mustard wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:28 pm Will never happen, why do people keep posting this stuff?
Why do people continue to post stupid 2h!t. 3/4 of the posters on the football forum never played the game. Just a bunch of jock sniffers.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Taylormade wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:45 pm
mustard wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:28 pm Will never happen, why do people keep posting this stuff?
Why do people continue to post stupid 2h!t. 3/4 of the posters on the football forum never played the game. Just a bunch of jock sniffers.
Are you one of them? A jock sniffer?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Lol

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

😂

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I posted this a couple years ago. My "rough draft" was the following:

SOC 1 (Small School)

East
New Boston
Notre Dame
Green
Clay
St. Joe
South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Eastern

SOC 2 (Middle)

South Webster
Oak Hill
Valley
Northwest
Western
Coal Grove
Piketon
Rock Hill
Chesapeake

SOC 3 (Large Schools)

Fairland
Wheelersburg
Jackson
Ironton
Portsmouth
Minford
Waverly
Portsmouth West
South Point

Would be great for basketball, but would have to make some adjustments in football (possibly 4 leagues so you don't have basically all conference games). 5 of the above mentioned schools don't have football. Could do something like 5-5-6-6 team leagues (making 4 divisions).

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

On the above mentioned list I also didn't have Gallia. How about this for a 4 division football split?

SOVC 1

Ironton
Gallia Academy
Jackson
Wheelersburg
Waverly

SOVC 2

South Point
Minford
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Piketon
Fairland

SOVC 3

Rock Hill
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Oak Hill
Valley
Northwest

SOVC 4

Eastern Pike
Symmes Valley
South Gallia
Notre Dame
Green
East

I don't think it looks too terrible. Pretty fair in terms of school size + typical talent.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ovc just needs two tiers. That would fix most of the issues

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Can we copy and paste this for next month?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:51 pm Can we copy and paste this for next month?
I guess if Ironton fans can do it every 2 days then I’m sure you could wait a month.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

mustard wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:05 pm
Taylormade wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:45 pm
Funny stuff right there
Are you one of them? A jock sniffer?

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

I'm tired os this stupid thread. I have no idea why it comes up every year. No one ever says why it should happen. Just they wish it would happen. Well, wish in one hand and crap in the other.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SOCobserver wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:36 pm I'm tired os this stupid thread. I have no idea why it comes up every year. No one ever says why it should happen. Just they wish it would happen. Well, wish in one hand and crap in the other.
It's been explained plenty of times it's been brought up, now it hasn't been discussed in this particular thread. Also, if you're so tired of it don't click on the thread man.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Why should it happen? One reason I can think of is the school sizes have changed drastically over the last 10-20 years. Might as well try to group schools of similar size together. This would make each division or whatever more competitive. There is no reason teams like Wheelersburg need to be playing teams like Northwest and Oak Hill every year. Maybe years ago, sure, not now. Why not move things about and create new/different conferences to allow teams to join who they want and create competitive leagues?

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

transplant wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:08 am Why should it happen? One reason I can think of is the school sizes have changed drastically over the last 10-20 years. Might as well try to group schools of similar size together. This would make each division or whatever more competitive. There is no reason teams like Wheelersburg need to be playing teams like Northwest and Oak Hill every year. Maybe years ago, sure, not now. Why not move things about and create new/different conferences to allow teams to join who they want and create competitive leagues?
Not necessarily related to school sizes. It's more competive sizes to me. Teams over the past 10 years that are similar and would actually be able to compete on a weekly basis. But this thread shows exactly why something like this never happens. An idea or suggestion goes off into about 30 other directions, All would never be happy. Instead let's stick with the old plan that is clearly broken from a competitive standpoint.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:49 am
transplant wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:08 am Why should it happen? One reason I can think of is the school sizes have changed drastically over the last 10-20 years. Might as well try to group schools of similar size together. This would make each division or whatever more competitive. There is no reason teams like Wheelersburg need to be playing teams like Northwest and Oak Hill every year. Maybe years ago, sure, not now. Why not move things about and create new/different conferences to allow teams to join who they want and create competitive leagues?
Not necessarily related to school sizes. It's more competive sizes to me. Teams over the past 10 years that are similar and would actually be able to compete on a weekly basis. But this thread shows exactly why something like this never happens. An idea or suggestion goes off into about 30 other directions, All would never be happy. Instead let's stick with the old plan that is clearly broken from a competitive standpoint.
True, competitive size is more accurate. I know what you mean. Would be nice to see some chances though for sure.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

This is a discussion board, some people like to discuss this topic, some dont. What were NOT doing is what's being done above....

Return to “Football”