Ironton 55 - 6 Coal Grove 2022

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Re: Coal Grove Ironton, cant stop a moving train

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:08 pm
pinhead wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:31 pm Coal grove coach only one man enough to stand up to cheatum . He was only saying what every other OVC coach has said or thought,they are taking up for their kids ,you can't compete with people that don't play by the rules to better them self.

No OVC team is going to beat Ironton so I say they all just take the forfeit when they play at the tank
while that would be hilarious, it'd be the antithesis of what High School sports do for athletes. Teaching them to roll over as opposed to preparing for and trying to take down Ironton is not what we want our young people learning.
Coulda fooled me. Seo is like excuse maker paradise. 😂

pinhead
Waterboy

Post by pinhead »

pinhead wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:31 pm Coal grove coach only one man enough to stand up to cheatum . He was only saying what every other OVC coach has said or thought,they are taking up for their kids ,you can't compete with people that don't play by the rules to better them self.

No OVC team is going to beat Ironton so I say they all just take the forfeit when they play at the tank
while that would be hilarious, it'd be the antithesis of what High School sports do for athletes. Teaching them to roll over as opposed to preparing for and trying to take down Ironton is not what we want our young people learning.

Yea ,I agree we would be better off teaching you can't beat people that bend the rules "cheat' the system,they will take away more by this and try to be the better person

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

pinhead wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:40 pm

Yea ,I agree we would be better off teaching you can't beat people that bend the rules "cheat' the system,they will take away more by this and try to be the better person
Teaching kids to be quitters will definitely show Ironton who is boss.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:47 pm

Ironton will get theirs eventually. This will end in major OHSAA violations and President Elect Pendleton moving on to bigger in better things. In the meantime, a life lesson in doing what's right and giving effort is what should be required from the kids, not forfeiting games.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:50 pm

Ironton will get theirs eventually. This will end in major OHSAA violations and President Elect Pendleton moving on to bigger in better things. In the meantime, a life lesson in doing what's right and giving effort is what should be required from the kids, not forfeiting games.
I wouldn't get my hopes up.

pinhead
Waterboy

Post by pinhead »

I retracted ,better to let them learn their lesson by getting beat by a team that bends the rules "cheats" to get what they want while stepping on home town kids ,is NOT the way to go.

Be interesting to see if all these D1 get PT at their school of choice.

No one on this team better the carico,and .....

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

pinhead wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:21 pm

I retracted ,better to let them learn their lesson by getting beat by a team that bends the rules "cheats" to get what they want while stepping on home town kids ,is NOT the way to go.

I'll agree with that. My guess is Carter plays at UC as an upperclassman, Keyes never makes scholarship at Wisconsin and Perkins ends up at KCU or the likes. IMO, Felder has the best chance at playing Power 5 D1 football before the others on the roster -- not sure he even has an offer as of right now though.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:24 pm

I'll agree with that. My guess is Carpenter plays at UC as an upperclassman, Keyes never makes scholarship at Wisconsin and Carter ends up at KCU or the likes. IMO, Felder has the best chance at playing Power 5 D1 football before the others on the roster -- not sure he even has an offer as of right now though.
Well, in that case, what is everyone crying about. According to you they aren't as talented as advertised. Pendleton needs to step up his game.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

I'll agree with that. My guess is Carter plays at UC as an upperclassman, Keyes never makes scholarship at Wisconsin and Perkins ends up at KCU or the likes. IMO, Felder has the best chance at playing Power 5 D1 football before the others on the roster -- not sure he even has an offer as of right now though.
Playing power 5 D1 is a completely different level of football. Difficult for kids coming from smaller schools to do well simply because they have never been exposed to that level of competition.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:28 pm

I'll agree with that. My guess is Carpenter plays at UC as an upperclassman, Keyes never makes scholarship at Wisconsin and Carter ends up at KCU or the likes. IMO, Felder has the best chance at playing Power 5 D1 football before the others on the roster -- not sure he even has an offer as of right now though.
Well, in that case, what is everyone crying about. According to you they aren't as talented as advertised. Pendleton needs to step up his game.
It’s relative to the talent they are playing against. Ironton skilled kids are the most talented group in all of D5. However, these kids don’t see other D1 talent in any of their games. Schools like Kirtland and Coldwater don’t produce these kinds of athletes.

Now when Ironton played Moeller…

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

won't hear me crying about it -- I'll state the facts, whether Ironton fans want to admit them or not, there is recruitment going on. And yes, they aren't as talented as advertised, if these guys were true D1 kids, they'd get to have pizza on the sideline vs Burg and Jackson like they did vs South Point.

But I've said before, I hope they get all the transfers, makes it more sweet when we beat them.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:41 pm

won't hear me crying about it -- I'll state the facts, whether Ironton fans want to admit them or not, there is recruitment going on. And yes, they aren't as talented as advertised, if these guys were true D1 kids, they'd get to have pizza on the sideline vs Burg and Jackson like they did vs South Point.

But I've said before, I hope they get all the transfers, makes it more sweet when we beat them.
You are literally on every Ironton thread crying about it. Something is a fact when it has been proven.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:41 pm [quote="Carmen Ohio" post_id=2024347 time=<a href="tel:1664908094">1664908094</a> user_id=19010]
[quote="Sonny Weaver" post_id=2024345 time=<a href="tel:1664907896">1664907896</a> user_id=19067]
[quote=pinhead post_id=2024342 time=<a href="tel:1664907685">1664907685</a> user_id=19863]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did Jermon Jackson, Walt Delong, Roman Fry get to have pizza on sidelines playing good teams. No they didn’t. Just because you have a couple studs don’t make you a good team. Now I think this Ironton team is very good and on verge of being great but some of you guys statements are the dumbest stuff I’ve ever read on here. Pendleton was the last D1 starter from around here that I can remember. Did he get to have pizza Vs. Wheelersburg?

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:54 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:41 pm [quote="Carmen Ohio" post_id=2024347 time=<a href="tel:1664908094">1664908094</a> user_id=19010]
[quote="Sonny Weaver" post_id=2024345 time=<a href="tel:1664907896">1664907896</a> user_id=19067]
[quote=pinhead post_id=2024342 time=<a href="tel:1664907685">1664907685</a> user_id=19863]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did Jermon Jackson, Walt Delong, Roman Fry get to have pizza on sidelines playing good teams. No they didn’t. Just because you have a couple studs don’t make you a good team. Now I think this Ironton team is very good and on verge of being great but some of you guys statements are the dumbest stuff I’ve ever read on here. Pendleton was the last D1 starter from around here that I can remember. Did he get to have pizza Vs. Wheelersburg?
[/quote]

nope, even he was a walkon at MSU, not a scholarship guy, nor did he have multiple teammates going to play D1 ball.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I thought Pendelton was a scholarship guy just got hurt and has them pulled and walked on their and earned scholarship after 1st season? Maybe I’m wrong?

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:59 pm
XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:54 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

nope, even he was a walkon at MSU, not a scholarship guy, nor did he have multiple teammates going to play D1 ball.
[/quote]

According to you, neither will some of these guys.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Some of these replies are hilarious, line up and play quit worrying about what one kid is doing during the game, where he transferred from, etc. If anything irontons target should be huge, every team giving them their best shot, anything can happen they play the games for a reason

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:46 pm Some of these replies are hilarious, line up and play quit worrying about what one kid is doing during the game, where he transferred from, etc. If anything irontons target should be huge, every team giving them their best shot, anything can happen they play the games for a reason
says the guy who transferred from OSU to LSU bc he couldn't beat out Haskins

lol

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

You have to play on Friday night reguardless a team has zero transfers or 50 of them. Get used to it because it’s going to happen everywhere. College opened the portal and kids are going wherever. Open enrollment makes it easy to play everywhere. I don’t care if a team is full of d1 kids around here. You need them to beat the big city teams. Promote your team, send kids to college visits you will get those kids. This coming from a Portsmouth fan. I’d take every “recruit” in the state.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:53 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:46 pm Some of these replies are hilarious, line up and play quit worrying about what one kid is doing during the game, where he transferred from, etc. If anything irontons target should be huge, every team giving them their best shot, anything can happen they play the games for a reason
says the guy who transferred from OSU to LSU bc he couldn't beat out Haskins

lol

And won the Heisman and national title! It’s worth it to transfer!

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion

Return to “Football”