Ironton 55 - 6 Coal Grove 2022

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Re: Coal Grove Ironton, cant stop a moving train

Post by inOVCsider »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:36 pm
inOVCsider wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:14 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:00 pm This shouldn't shock anyone honestly, this has been coming to a head for awhile and there will be more just wait until the off-season. Teams in the OVC are fed up with it, it's coming to a head sooner rather than later.
It's funny to read "teams in the OVC are fed up with it". Football is the only sport in which Ironton dominates the rest of the league. Also every other year the "gate money" each school receives will make some schools think twice before they give Ironton the boot.

I have no idea whether there is recruiting going on or not. However, there is not a single coach that would turn somebody transferring in that would make them better. Ironton is passionate about their football and it shows, on and off the field. The people on here that keep bringing up recruiting would LOVE for these athletes to come and play for their school. If Pendleton is breaking the rules then he is risking getting caught and ultimately punished.
100% agree with you that is is more than football but let's be honest football is typically what makes it all turn and that is the reality. Just from an outsiders perspective of course speculations can be made and things have been observed by people. Now you take what little we see and magnify that from the coaches, AD and players from other organizations and what they know and see and you can see the writing on the wall. No one actually thinks Lucas went into this game looking to snub Pendleton do they? Heck no it's been brewing guys and whether you like it or not something will happen. Of course every single school would LOVE to get 1-2 high quality starters every year, however when you get 5-6 every single year and you've got a daddy with a recruiting service close to the team this is going to happen. Outside of private schools that most every person in SEO complains about getting different starters every year there's simply no difference between them and Ironton these last 3-4 years, and that's if you will actually want to be honest with yourself on it. I have not a dog in the fight and I'm all for kids moving around and transferring but with the rate Ironton is doing it year in and year out don't think for a second it's not ruffling some feathers. That's just the reality of it.
I do not have a dog in the fight either. As for ruffling some feathers I say who cares? As long as no rules are being broken, I don't care if they have have 10 new starters every year. I don't care what sport, school, or gender it is, if a school is well coached and successful they are going to land people looking to take the next step or be apart or potentially being apart of something special. If you are a coach or a fan who is getting their feathers ruffled, and you have proof of something illegal going on then report it to the proper authorities and let it take its course. If coach Pendleton is breaking the rules, he knows there is a chance he gets caught, punished, and embarrassed. If you don't have proof then move on and let it go.

lololbyebye
Waterboy

Post by lololbyebye »

inOVCsider wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:38 pm

It's funny to read "teams in the OVC are fed up with it". Football is the only sport in which Ironton dominates the rest of the league. Also every other year the "gate money" each school receives will make some schools think twice before they give Ironton the boot.

I have no idea whether there is recruiting going on or not. However, there is not a single coach that would turn somebody transferring in that would make them better. Ironton is passionate about their football and it shows, on and off the field. The people on here that keep bringing up recruiting would LOVE for these athletes to come and play for their school. If Pendleton is breaking the rules then he is risking getting caught and ultimately punished.
100% agree with you that is is more than football but let's be honest football is typically what makes it all turn and that is the reality. Just from an outsiders perspective of course speculations can be made and things have been observed by people. Now you take what little we see and magnify that from the coaches, AD and players from other organizations and what they know and see and you can see the writing on the wall. No one actually thinks Lucas went into this game looking to snub Pendleton do they? Heck no it's been brewing guys and whether you like it or not something will happen. Of course every single school would LOVE to get 1-2 high quality starters every year, however when you get 5-6 every single year and you've got a daddy with a recruiting service close to the team this is going to happen. Outside of private schools that most every person in SEO complains about getting different starters every year there's simply no difference between them and Ironton these last 3-4 years, and that's if you will actually want to be honest with yourself on it. I have not a dog in the fight and I'm all for kids moving around and transferring but with the rate Ironton is doing it year in and year out don't think for a second it's not ruffling some feathers. That's just the reality of it.
I do not have a dog in the fight either. As for ruffling some feathers I say who cares? As long as no rules are being broken, I don't care if they have have 10 new starters every year. I don't care what sport, school, or gender it is, if a school is well coached and successful they are going to land people looking to take the next step or be apart or potentially being apart of something special. If you are a coach or a fan who is getting their feathers ruffled, and you have proof of something illegal going on then report it to the proper authorities and let it take its course. If coach Pendleton is breaking the rules, he knows there is a chance he gets caught, punished, and embarrassed. If you don't have proof then move on and let it go.
Exactly.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Always easy to say that stuff from an outsiders perspective, much like myself if you don't have a dog in the fight it doesn't matter to you. However, for those other schools that have to deal with it year in and year out it 100% matters and look no further than Friday's actions by Lucas to tell you that. Didn't CG also cancel a JV game against Ironton last year, South Point had a JH team lose 75-0 to Ironton, and apparently SP was undefeated at the time so do you think they've got a shot in HS? So those guys in that conference in matters. I can sit here and say it doesn't effect my world but not a single person can sit here and say how it shouldn't effect these other teams because the reality is they're not in their shoes.

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great 1st qtr. in what looked like it would be a closesly contested game. but the tigers were just too deep, too talented. as far as the shenanigans after the game. i don't know anything about that and don't care to. but humility is a tough pill to swallow at times. i'm glad cooler heads prevailed. because at the end of the day, coaches have to be role models. too many young men to teach life lessons to. but after the 1st qtr. ironton's speed and depth was way too much for the hornets.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:01 am

Always easy to say that stuff from an outsiders perspective, much like myself if you don't have a dog in the fight it doesn't matter to you. However, for those other schools that have to deal with it year in and year out it 100% matters and look no further than Friday's actions by Lucas to tell you that. Didn't CG also cancel a JV game against Ironton last year, South Point had a JH team lose 75-0 to Ironton, and apparently SP was undefeated at the time so do you think they've got a shot in HS? So those guys in that conference in matters. I can sit here and say it doesn't effect my world but not a single person can sit here and say how it shouldn't effect these other teams because the reality is they're not in their shoes.
I never questioned that it doesn't have an effect on people. If they have proof of Pendleton breaking the rules, they need to report it and let it run its course. I will also stand by my statement that if Keyes, pitman, or Perkins would have approached the coach at South Point or Coal Grove, they would not have been turned away saying "We only want to play with players that grew up in our district." So why does Ironton's coach have to turn them away?

I want all local team to succeed and enjoy watching these teams battle it out on the field and court. It saddens me to see such hate on these message boards. Unfortunately it often carries over and creates poor sportsmanship, which benefits nobody.

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

Two of Coal Groves alumni transfers to Ironton long ago. Rick McKnight and Tim Collins. What does the Village think about that. When in school they wouldn't give you 3 cents for Ironton.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

inOVCsider wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:11 pm

I never questioned that it doesn't have an effect on people. If they have proof of Pendleton breaking the rules, they need to report it and let it run its course. I will also stand by my statement that if Keyes, pitman, or Perkins would have approached the coach at South Point or Coal Grove, they would not have been turned away saying "We only want to play with players that grew up in our district." So why does Ironton's coach have to turn them away?

I want all local team to succeed and enjoy watching these teams battle it out on the field and court. It saddens me to see such hate on these message boards. Unfortunately it often carries over and creates poor sportsmanship, which benefits nobody.
Some just don't get it and I can tell by what you're saying you really don't get what I'm saying. I mean it's pretty easy to understand most local area schools "might" get 1 maybe a 2nd transfer in, now we're talking about a school getting 5-6 each of the last 2-3 years?? Come on man it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that of course it's going to anger a lot of area teams especially those within the OVC. As I've said I don't have a dog in the fight which is maybe why I can sit back and actually have an unbiased and rational perspective about Ironton. If anyone speaks ill of Ironton it's oh your jealous or you're from burg, jealous of what, you haven't won anything and I'm not a burg guy. Just spoke with enough coaches and seen enough of what is going on and off the field that you can see it coming to a head.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Ironton doesnt need any transfers to beat CG. Lets be honest here! If Ironton were “recruiting” players they would have went after some linemen, not skill guys. Do you blame the kids from Ashland? New coach and all that? I definitely don’t blame them at all for transferring to Ironton! Great decision on their part. But, then again to some people Ironton has been recruiting for 60 years and hates to see them win at anything! 😂

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

People keep saying the ovc is fed up and want them out, ironton should schedule better completion. The first 4 games they played were really rough. But people say they need better competition but shouldn’t the teams in the ovc want better competition? A Portsmouth or fairland or Gallia won’t get better playing a team worse than ironton. When people make post about new conferences they put burg with portsmouth and fairland. Those teams can’t beat wheelersburg or Jackson. Without the recruits or
transfers ironton beats most teams. Quit trying to dodge and play and get better. I’m not a ironton fan but no one should run from them.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Southeast_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Southeast_Fan »

Ovenmit wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:03 pm Two of Coal Groves alumni transfers to Ironton long ago. Rick McKnight and Tim Collins. What does the Village think about that. When in school they wouldn't give you 3 cents for Ironton.
Both towns got smarter…

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:14 pm
inOVCsider wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:11 pm

Some just don't get it and I can tell by what you're saying you really don't get what I'm saying. I mean it's pretty easy to understand most local area schools "might" get 1 maybe a 2nd transfer in, now we're talking about a school getting 5-6 each of the last 2-3 years?? Come on man it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that of course it's going to anger a lot of area teams especially those within the OVC. As I've said I don't have a dog in the fight which is maybe why I can sit back and actually have an unbiased and rational perspective about Ironton. If anyone speaks ill of Ironton it's oh your jealous or you're from burg, jealous of what, you haven't won anything and I'm not a burg guy. Just spoke with enough coaches and seen enough of what is going on and off the field that you can see it coming to a head.
What is it that I don't get? It very well may make people angry and "have it come to a head" but the simple question remains, are they doing something illegal? IF they are, turn over the facts you have and let the OHSAA investigate and make a ruling. If the OVC doesn't want Ironton in their league anymore, then make a move. Ironton will be fine. The OVC needs Ironton more than Ironton needs the OVC.

You wont answer my question. Would ANY team in the OVC turn down Pittman, Keyes, and Perkins if they came and said "I want to be apart of your program?" They answer is no, so why does Ironton have to?

You keep saying "you dont have a dog in the fight" but you "speak to coaches" and seem to have Ironton envy or hate. I am not an Ironton fan, just tired of seeing people hating on them when if the tables were turned, they would do the exact same thing.

TigerTooth
Waterboy

Post by TigerTooth »

Never seen so many grown men cry in my life. Good grief if a kid wants to better themselves then so be it. If you’re talented and have great skills why wouldn’t you make the change. Instead of sitting at a school that gets no recognition.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:00 pm This shouldn't shock anyone honestly, this has been coming to a head for awhile and there will be more just wait until the off-season. Teams in the OVC are fed up with it, it's coming to a head sooner rather than later.
Ironton is the best gate in the ovc. They should leave the HOE VC & take it with them.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

TigerTooth wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:28 am Never seen so many grown men cry in my life. Good grief if a kid wants to better themselves then so be it. If you’re talented and have great skills why wouldn’t you make the change. Instead of sitting at a school that gets no recognition.
Small towners resent growth.

BTWN_THE_LINE
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

farmer wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:10 pm
REDMEN95 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:06 pm
farmer wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:55 pm I am fine with the coaches not shaking hands. To not be put in a situation that could explode. They do not like each other and no use to pretend. Sportsmanship but in the case staying away maybe better sportsmanship than fighting on the field. Game is over so let it go.
Doesn’t matter if you are playing against a Rival or not, shaking hands after a game should be done to show good sportsmanship. However it’s usually the adults that show bad sportsmanship and that’s very sad!
To a point. If all the off field drama that has been said is true. I am fine for it to be a no handshake. Maybe let an asst coach shake hands instead. The Superintendents or pricipals for each school should get involved now to calm down this situation. Seems things got heated without a shake. Need to keep this from being a violent situation.
If the head coaches can’t shake hands when all their players did then something’s wrong. No matter what drama happened on or off the field they need to suck it up and be a good sport. If they can’t do that they don’t need to be coaching our kids.

Return to “Football”