Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
PTrojan59
S

Re: WK8 Portsmouth - Fairland

Post by PTrojan59 »

Neither team coming off impressive week 7’s. Trojans beat Peake, Fairland beat SP, neither convincingly. This should be a good game. Last years game was a sloppy mess, hopefully no rain next Friday night, field will be better either way. Lot at stake in this one, playoff seeding, points and possible home game for the winner. Go Trojans!

Who Dey!
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Phs 35-31

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

After beating Chesapeake in an otherwise uninspired performance, the Trojans had better be on their A game to beat the Dragons. This is a winnable game for PHS, but the usual formula of minimizing mistakes will have to be followed to get their 5th win. This game will be big for computer points for both teams, so there's plenty of motivation for each. A win by Portsmouth followed by a win at South Point will put the Trojans in a good spot for Week 11.

GO TROJANS!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojans need to cut down on the dumb penalties,I think we had at least 3 unsportsmanlike penalties last night , was good to see coach pull them kids out and give them a good ripping and sit them out o few plays,them things can cost you against good teams.

I would love to see Truit get the ball more as a running back,maybe put him and Hammond in together and mix some things up.

Should be a good game.
Go Trojans

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

The way Portsmouth played last night is concerning for the fairland game and start off that way in 2 weeks and south point game wont be a 100% win. They have to play truett in the backfield. He’s got power and matches up with fairlands big line. Trojans needs to defend the pass. Right now Portsmouth sets at 9 and fairland is 8. Need that win badly. Was hoping coal grove beat gallia that would of helped a ton. I think Portsmouth wins in a close one.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Horns
Waterboy

Post by Horns »

Portsmouth

pinhead
Waterboy

Post by pinhead »

Everyone knows who the better back is but it's not going to change as long as a coaches son is on the team wanting that position,
"along with other obvious reasons that always play a factor at Portsmouth"

They already run off the best player on the team.

thebestever1
Waterboy

Post by thebestever1 »

Should be a great game and it’s finally played on turf! Last years weather and field played a big role on both teams production. Portsmouth finally has things rolling and one thing is the running game looks way better with Brenden Truett getting carries. Hammond has elusiveness, but sometimes you don’t need that in high school football. Truett runs hard downhill and gains 5-6 yards every carry. Hopefully see a bigger workload for him in the backfield for the rest of the season because he’s a problem on BOTH sides of the ball. I think Portsmouth’s offense will be too much. 42-28 Portsmouth. Go Trojans!

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Agree with a lot of the above posters. Hammonds is a nice dual threat catching out of the backfield but Truett is a better pure running back.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Trojans in your upcoming matchup with the Dragons.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

pinhead wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:10 pm Everyone knows who the better back is but it's not going to change as long as a coaches son is on the team wanting that position,

He wasn’t the best player on the team. I don’t know the situation. I’ve heard rumors, he is a good player. But he wasn’t the best on the team, wasn’t even the best at his position.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:12 am
pinhead wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:10 pm Everyone knows who the better back is but it's not going to change as long as a coaches son is on the team wanting that position,

He wasn’t the best player on the team. I don’t know the situation. I’ve heard rumors, he is a good player. But he wasn’t the best on the team, wasn’t even the best at his position.
I’ve heard many rumors but it’s rumors but most say attitude. Something happened for him to leave whether his choice or coaches. And agree not the best receiver. Duncan and Pendleton are better and the hilan kid or however it’s spelled is the best receiver of all. Kid is a beast. Receiver spot is loaded. I don’t like to see any kid quit or stop playing anytime especially mid season. I don’t know what happened. But the Trojans have been playing good ball. Well except the peake game it was pretty ugly but a win. I hope he didn’t quit because quitting becomes contagious and won’t look good if he tries to come back next year.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
pinhead
Waterboy

Post by pinhead »

He was by far the best receiver,they would not throw the ball to him at all and it all comes down to same thing , family and click nothing new at portsmouth.

Bring in kids from other schools to fill position with less talent,at least learn from Ironton and bring some dowggs In

Nodisrespect
Waterboy

Post by Nodisrespect »

He wasn’t even in the top 3 receivers on the team. He has a bad attitude, no respect for his teammates and coaches, no work ethic at all. He was nothing but a cancer to the team.

pinhead
Waterboy

Post by pinhead »

Nodisrespect wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:51 pm He wasn’t even in the top 3 receivers on the team. He has a bad attitude, no respect for his teammates and coaches, no work ethic at all. He was nothing but a cancer to the team.
You are blind , he is the best all round athlete in the school ,it obvious why the other Duncan gets so many touches ,the kid from Notre Dame is good but not close to latimore.

You probably think Hammond is a better running back to which would narrow down who you are

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Rooting for the Trojans in this one

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

pinhead wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:48 pm [quote=Nodisrespect post_id=2023867 time=<a href="tel:1664758315">1664758315</a> user_id=19565]
He wasn’t even in the top 3 receivers on the team. He has a bad attitude, no respect for his teammates and coaches, no work ethic at all. He was nothing but a cancer to the team.
You are blind , he is the best all round athlete in the school ,it obvious why the other Duncan gets so many touches ,the kid from Notre Dame is good but not close to latimore.

You probably think Hammond is a better running back to which would narrow down who you are
[/quote]

Anyone who thinks Hammond is the better back is either biased or blind. Truett should’ve been starting game 1.

Who Dey!
82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

dragons need to put four qtrs together

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

Fairland 30 - Portsmouth 21

Return to “Football”