Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
loganlocos
SEOP

Re: WK8 Buckeye Valley - Logan

Post by loganlocos »

Logan has won 3 of 4. BV has won four straight.

Logan had arguably their best win of the Mike Eddy era last week. Tons of mistakes (turnovers, penalties) turned a dominant performance into a nailbiting 21-20 victory.

How will Logan handle success? Can they continue to push to be the best version of themselves as they have the last 6 weeks? Big week of practice.

Buckeye Valley is the most "multiple" team I have seen this season. On both sides of the ball.

BV operates out of shotgun and pistol. They love their H-back and do a good job with Q power and Q read. They have great receivers on the outside. They can line up in empty. They go 2X2, 3X1, 4X1, and everything in between. In addition to the H, they also like two tight sets as well.

Defensively I think they're a base 4-4 team but can be very versatile. 3-man through 6-man fronts. Their 4 defensive lineman can play inside or outside. Same for the linebackers. They are athletic in the back for sure.

Freshman QB for the Barons. He's a tremendously gifted runner and can make key throws in their offense.

Should be a fascinating game to watch. A lot of cat and mouse.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 am Logan has won 3 of 4. BV has won four straight.

Logan had arguably their best win of the Mike Eddy era last week. Tons of mistakes (turnovers, penalties) turned a dominant performance into a nailbiting 21-20 victory.

How will Logan handle success? Can they continue to push to be the best version of themselves as they have the last 6 weeks? Big week of practice.

Buckeye Valley is the most "multiple" team I have seen this season. On both sides of the ball.

BV operates out of shotgun and pistol. They love their H-back and do a good job with Q power and Q read. They have great receivers on the outside. They can line up in empty. They go 2X2, 3X1, 4X1, and everything in between. In addition to the H, they also like two tight sets as well.

Defensively I think they're a base 4-4 team but can be very versatile. 3-man through 6-man fronts. Their 4 defensive lineman can play inside or outside. Same for the linebackers. They are athletic in the back for sure.

Freshman QB for the Barons. He's a tremendously gifted runner and can make key throws in their offense.

Should be a fascinating game to watch. A lot of cat and mouse.
Good luck Chieftan's.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

The only thing I could find is, St Chucks and BV both played Delaware Haye. Both losing to DI Hayes, St Chucks lost 0-17 and BV lost 14-28.

IMO it may be a game like last weeks against St Chucks. If Logan can keep the turnover bug away and the D holds Logan could win. If not BV wins by 10ish pts.

AT THE RESERVATION
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:08 pm The only thing I could find is, St Chucks and BV both played Delaware Haye. Both losing to DI Hayes, St Chucks lost 0-17 and BV lost 14-28.

IMO it may be a game like last weeks against St Chucks. If Logan can keep the turnover bug away and the D holds Logan could win. If not BV wins by 10ish pts.
Buckeye Valley definitely more farm boys than St. C.

Still thinking about heading up.
Last edited by loganlocos on Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

The Buckeye Valley football team had a first quarter to forget, but it was relatively smooth sailing from there as the Barons stayed perfect in MSL-Ohio play with a 23-6 win over visiting Grandview Heights Friday night in Delaware.

Neither team took care of the ball early on as they combined for three turnovers in the first two minutes alone. BV fumbled away the opening kickoff, but Ripley Sznati came up with an interception a few plays later to give his team the ball back.

Grandview’s Owen Nugent returned the favor on the ensuing series, though, and after the Baron defense came up with another stop, another interception, this time from Logan Baker, set the Bobcats up deep in enemy territory.

A nice run by Henry Ohlinger set up first and goal and, a few plays later, quarterback Brody Parsley hit Maddox Baker on a quick slat to score from five yards out with 2:52 left in the first quarter. The PAT was blocked as Grandview led 6-0.

Things stayed that way until the end of the first quarter, but BV struck quickly in the second to take the lead for good.

On fourth and three from the Grandview 44, Nathan Huss hit Michell Melfe on a quick out for just enough yardage to move the chains. Garrett Slater kept the drive alive with a 19-yard run a few plays later, setting BV up at the Bobcat 12 before Huss scored on an option keeper on the very next play.

Alex Landis calmly connected on the PAT as BV went on top 7-6 — a lead, it turned out, it never relinquished.

After the Barons forced another turnover, an interception by Ethan Browing with 3:53 left in the half, BV used a heavy dose of Slater to move into field goal range. Slater broke free for 20 yards to the 31 and picked up another first down with a strong run into the red zone.

The Grandview defense stood tall from there, but Landis booted a 27-yard field goal with 33.7 seconds left in the half to make it a 10-6 game at the break.

Buckeye Valley, which improved to 4-3 overall and a perfect 4-0 in league play to sit atop the MSL-Ohio with a couple league games left, put the game away with a pair of second-half touchdowns.

After the Baron defense forced a three-and-out on the Bobcats’ ( 2-5, 0-4) first series of the second half, Huss hit Brady Ridder for a 35-yard connection to move the ball into the red zone.

A few plays later and BV led 17-6 thanks to a five-yard TD run by Levi Richards with 6:41 left in the third quarter.

The Barons, who pitched a shutout over the final three quarters, used a 46-yard bomb from Huss to Browning with 10:18 left to put the finishing touches on the win.

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Live Like A Champion!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good Luck Chiefs!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

14/13 BV halftime

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

21/13

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

21/21

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

28/21 Logan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

29/28 BV

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan Couldn't stop the two-point play tonight.

chiefs55
Waterboy

Post by chiefs55 »

With that loss I’m gonna assume no playoffs for Logan again. You think coach eddy is on the hot seat?

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

chiefs55 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:22 pm With that loss I’m gonna assume no playoffs for Logan again. You think coach eddy is on the hot seat?
No not even warm. Improvements are apparent when you watch. Just needs to do a better job of getting the kids ready to play before week 5. I feel another win could have happened if they were playing this way back in week 2.

Sfmf55
Waterboy

Post by Sfmf55 »

chiefs55 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:22 pm With that loss I’m gonna assume no playoffs for Logan again. You think coach eddy is on the hot seat?
In my opinion they need to move on from eddy. It’s been four years. They’ve had the athletes. And they are playing teams that to me they should be beating. When they go into the OCC the competition will be much much tougher. Need to hire somebody that is a proven winner

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Thanos wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:19 am
No not even warm. Improvements are apparent when you watch. Just needs to do a better job of getting the kids ready to play before week 5. I feel another win could have happened if they were playing this way back in week 2.
Agree on all that - although I think the seat is at least warm. But I don't expect a change.

Hopefully another full season and offseason of understanding the expectations and most importantly being able to build on where they are at with the offense is key.

The way this team has played the last 5 weeks - I think there were as many as 6 wins on the schedule. Could still get to 4. Friday was such a heart breaker.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan will have to win out to make the playoffs. And while Logan is MUCH improved, I don't think they realistically can hang with FF on senior night. Would love to be wrong.

Return to “Football”