Varsity

Re: WK8 Portsmouth West - Valley

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West 49-0

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Would love to see my Valley team pull this one off. Anything can happen on any given Friday night. Keep the kids healthy, take care of our injured kids.

Coach Crabtree will have an offensive plan. If executed with no errors we should be able to produce. Defensiveley not sure, after 7 weeks?????
Good Luck, and I hope both teams walk away injury free.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

West wins but I think valley will play tough. Lack of depth has hurt them.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Might be another long night for the Indians. I'd love to see them bounce back and compete better against West than they did against Waverly, but West takes this one. Looked like Valley had a few guys hobbling at the end of the Waverly game, hope all are healthy and able to play Friday. Valleys lack of depth will definitely hurt them.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

This could be beneficial for West to get a good look against a faster paced and spread out offense. As we know that's where we have been exploited. Running out of time to get the problems fixed. Have to do it quickly if their is a shot at a gold ball. We have missed having #19 on defense.

On the offensive side of the ball I can't see Valley being able to stop anything. I've read some Valley faithful posts that said they were struggling at linebacker. If they don't have some studs to come up and fill at the line, Sissell will have a fun night. I can see some scores being traded early, but if Valley is as finesse and soft as some have stated, it will not be a good night for them.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I don’t think they are soft. I think any kid will wear down constantly playing both sides of the ball. They were pretty physical until 2nd half and took advantage of the exhausted lines.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

West. If Valley defense could not stop NW running attack, I don't look for them to stop West. West could possibly put 50 on the Indians.

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

Portsmouth West- 49
Valley- 7

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

I for one am ready to move on from the Waverly game. All I want to see is a fight and never give up attitude out of the boys. I'm not concerned about the score, I just want to see the effort there. Sometimes in life, things don't go your way and people start getting down on you. How you respond is everything. That's what high school football is about. Molding these boys into men who will go on and have successful lives off the field. Do we want to win? Yes. But sometimes you don't. Just make sure to never give up and leave it all on the field. Who cares if a school is bigger? Who cares if they can rotate more players than you can. Just keep fighting with everything you have. That trait will do these boys wonders when they graduate and get into the real world.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have not seen either team play this season. From reading all the posts, depth seems to be one of the biggest problems pertaining to the Indians. That being one of the main problems, it's highly unlikely especially at this stage of the season, with kid's being injured and not being able to play, that the Indians will be able to hang with the Siders the whole game. Even though PW will probably win the game, from watching Valley in past years, I'm pretty sure that they will still battle until the final seconds run off the clock.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Valley got beat by Waverly bad. West beat Waverly. Simple Math. West by whatever they want.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West is most physical team I’ve seen this year and Valley is just the opposite. Shouldn’t be close. Gl to both.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:59 am This could be beneficial for West to get a good look against a faster paced and spread out offense. As we know that's where we have been exploited. Running out of time to get the problems fixed. Have to do it quickly if their is a shot at a gold ball. We have missed having #19 on defense.

On the offensive side of the ball I can't see Valley being able to stop anything. I've read some Valley faithful posts that said they were struggling at linebacker. If they don't have some studs to come up and fill at the line, Sissell will have a fun night. I can see some scores being traded early, but if Valley is as finesse and soft as some have stated, it will not be a good night for them.
Pretty sure #19 will be returning Friday.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:02 am West is most physical team I’ve seen this year and Valley is just the opposite. Shouldn’t be close. Gl to both.
Have you seen Ironton live?

Akin Fraturiyele
Waterboy

Post by Akin Fraturiyele »

West Portsmouth is the best team in the SOC west wins by 50. I heard Noah Rickards is going to be the main WR target tonight, I do not think any DB in the SOC stands a chance against him

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

28/12 West

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley is competing!

transplant