Unioto 42 - 17 Paint Valley 2022

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Re: WK8 Unioto - Paint Valley

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

DJT47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:08 am Why is Unioto not in a "bigger" league?
I’ve thought for a few years that Unioto and Waverly should join the FAC and make it an 8 team league. But to be fair, Unioto hasn’t won the league since 1998 and haven’t won it outright since 1982. Just has never been a football school. I think they’ve been between 2nd-4th for the past 6-7 years

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:17 am
I’ve thought for a few years that Unioto and Waverly should join the FAC and make it an 8 team league. But to be fair, Unioto hasn’t won the league since 1998 and haven’t won it outright since 1982. Just has never been a football school. I think they’ve been between 2nd-4th for the past 6-7 years
Agree. I think you got to give Coach Hoops some credit for this year. 8-2, 9-1 type of seasons would make people happy at the U, I would think for football.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:36 am
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:17 am
Agree. I think you got to give Coach Hoops some credit for this year. 8-2, 9-1 type of seasons would make people happy at the U, I would think for football.
Especially coming off a 4-6 season where 5 of those losses weren’t close and got lucky with the win at Huntington. I think this Senior class is good but won’t end up getting the credit it deserved because of last year and the Covid year situation

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

My prediction is 44-39 Unioto. I’m feeling a high scoring game and an odd score 😂

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:10 pm Just as a projection ( for fun ). If the playoffs started today, with Unioto as a #2 seed. They would host Waverly in round one and host Cincinnati Reading in week 2 ( projections ). Neither would be easy at all.
Ok I’ll reword and say that playing in week 13 for Unioto is achievable but not easy. They are in a tough d4 region.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I think Unioto gets more stops in this game. I'd going with UHS by 7-14.

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

Unioto- 35
PV- 21

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

I'll take PV with the " so-called" upset. 37-33

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

I think the people saying PV are underdogs, probably don’t watch much SVC and are just basing it off of record. I’d say they’re pretty evenly matched.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I was all set to take this one in then I got word that Ball State was hosting four games on Saturday, so I altered my plans. Friday I am catching Delta (Indiana) staying the night and then going to do the four games at Ball State on Sat.
As for this game, I agree a very high-scoring game.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

I know Unioto is basically fully healthy. Anyone know about PV? I know they had a lot of injuries early but seems like they’re getting healthier

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

I think we are as healthy as can be expected for WK 8, may need to bring some oxygen tanks for this one though. A lot of kids going both ways.

Pop-PopFB70
Waterboy

Post by Pop-PopFB70 »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:31 am I know Unioto is basically fully healthy. Anyone know about PV? I know they had a lot of injuries early but seems like they’re getting healthier
Cole Miller being out all year is devastating to the PV secondary and receivers. Free has obviously had a coming out party as the number one receiver with Cole being out... but at a small school you just can't make up losing an athlete like him... one of the top athletes in Southern Ohio. He is it lockdown corner and deep theat that has definitely been the biggest blow for PV. They are tough against the run but their secondary definitely has some holes in it... Which doesn't bode well for Friday night. But that being said I think the four-headed beast of Cooper, Robertson, Free, and Chambers will be a lot for Unioto to handle. Going to be a high scoring game.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Pop-PopFB70 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:23 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:31 am I know Unioto is basically fully healthy. Anyone know about PV? I know they had a lot of injuries early but seems like they’re getting healthier
Cole Miller being out all year is devastating to the PV secondary and receivers. Free has obviously had a coming out party as the number one receiver with Cole being out... but at a small school you just can't make up losing an athlete like him... one of the top athletes in Southern Ohio. He is it lockdown corner and deep theat that has definitely been the biggest blow for PV. They are tough against the run but their secondary definitely has some holes in it... Which doesn't bode well for Friday night. But that being said I think the four-headed beast of Cooper, Robertson, Free, and Chambers will be a lot for Unioto to handle. Going to be a high scoring game.
Could be wrong but I heard Miller possibly might play is there any truth to it?

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Last ten year unioto is 2-8 vs paint valley.
If paint valley is better on paper they beat unioto by 40.
When the teams are even on paper they beat unioto by 40.
If unioto is better they can win by a score or off paint valley mistake.
This was the scariest game for me all year and that hasn’t changed. I thought unioto was better than Zane trace but idk if we can stop paint valley at all.

NewApproved
Riding the Bench

Post by NewApproved »

Tanks bounce back for the win!

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Will this be live streamed ?

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Coach Hoops has done a great job at Unioto. I think the way he calls a game has been great to watch the Tanks are balanced on offense with his game plans. Should be a fun one tonight

Pop-PopFB70
Waterboy

Post by Pop-PopFB70 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:49 pm
I don't have any inside information, but I would bet my house that's not the case. Cole had a major fracture with multiple pins in his foot... he was still in a walking boot last I saw him. I believe his goal is just to be ready by basketball season... not to make it back for football. Now if Paint Valley makes a deep playoff run... and is still playing a month from now... who knows.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Pop-PopFB70 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:51 am
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:49 pm

I don't have any inside information, but I would bet my house that's not the case. Cole had a major fracture with multiple pins in his foot... he was still in a walking boot last I saw him. I believe his goal is just to be ready by basketball season... not to make it back for football. Now if Paint Valley makes a deep playoff run... and is still playing a month from now... who knows.
All good figured that it wasn’t true to begin with when I heard it initially

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion

Return to “Football”