Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: WK8 Waverly - Wheelersburg

Post by Omega »

The Burg is 5-2 and 2-0 in league play. Waverly is 3-4 and 1-1 in SOC 2 action.

Waverly is improving, but Wheelersburg is on at least par with Chillicothe or Johnson Central.

Pirates should roll 45-13.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg 42-20

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Omega wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:50 pm The Burg is 5-2 and 2-0 in league play. Waverly is 3-4 and 1-1 in SOC 2 action.

Waverly is improving, but Wheelersburg is on at least par with Chillicothe or Johnson Central.

Pirates should roll 45-13.
Not a bad assessment and who knows that could be the final score but in no way shape or form is this years Burg team on par with Chillicothe and JC. I would probably put burg more in par with a Unioto, strong running game, good against the run but not really going to pass to beat you. With that being said these are the games later in the year you hope your schedule has helped prepare you for. I think burg takes this one but don't be shocked if it's closer than most are going to give us credit for.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Give Waverly credit. They stick to their offensive philosophy. Burg probably limits their touches with ball control and wins comfortably.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly the huge underdog.

It’s interesting though the Tigers beat Miami Trace going away. MT then plays Jackson very tough last week and had Chillicothe beat last night before losing in OT. Chillicothe went 82 yards in 2 plays to tie it with .06 in regulation to force OT.
All we’ve heard all year is how good West is and Waverly played tor to toe with them before falling 49-42.

This one is at home and we know anything can happen but yes the Tigers are HUGE underdogs.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:48 am Waverly the huge underdog.

It’s interesting though the Tigers beat Miami Trace going away. MT then plays Jackson very tough last week and had Chillicothe beat last night before losing in OT. Chillicothe went 82 yards in 2 plays to tie it with .06 in regulation to force OT.
All we’ve heard all year is how good West is and Waverly played tor to toe with them before falling 49-42.

This one is at home and we know anything can happen but yes the Tigers are HUGE underdogs.
Strengths and weaknesses of teams play a role in these results. Sometimes the matchups are favorable in that regard.

What does Waverly do well on O, and what are they good at stopping on D?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly runs the ball well and can throw the ball with the young QB getting better every game.
Tiger D is better at stopping the run and struggle at stopping the pass, mainly the long ball. Must get pressure on QB. Bringing Q Hurd in at LB and moving Crabtree back to DE has been HUGE. Q with another massive hit last night - my nomination for the McDonalds Big Mac stick of the game...

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:29 am Waverly runs the ball well and can throw the ball with the young QB getting better every game.
Tiger D is better at stopping the run and struggle at stopping the pass, mainly the long ball. Must get pressure on QB. Bringing Q Hurd in at LB and moving Crabtree back to DE has been HUGE. Q with another massive hit last night - my nomination for the McDonalds Big Mac stick of the game...
Jones is getting better throwing the deep ball, but I would not say he’s good at it.

Sounds like this game will be strength against strength.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This will be a great test for burgs defense. Burg struggled with mcnicholas with the same type offense but got it done. Would be a good game if burg can contain Waverlys offense

I think burg facing a team like that early will pay dividends for the team.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Me thinks it’ll be closer than some will expect, i haven’t gotten the opportunity to see either play but i think it’ll be a dandy

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Wheelersburg 35, Waverly 13

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

42- 7 Burg

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

42- 7 Burg

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I think this one has potential to be closer than some will predict. If the Tigers can get a little passing groove going, and limit the big plays on defense, they can stay in the game. Rooting for Waverly with the upset, but don't quite see it happening. Burg 38-20

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

This could be a good game

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:29 am Waverly runs the ball well and can throw the ball with the young QB getting better every game.
Hopefully another week in with the changes made on the backend will help with that, playing Valley a team with 4 and 5 wide going deep really tested Hurd playing safety for the first time. Then Jamison hasn't been out there that much all season so again another player where I'm sure things were moving fast and a bit confusing at times. Hudson has played safety off and on throughout the year but has been mainly sticking to offense for the biggest part of the season. Waverly lost a CB few games ago, we lost another player in Logan who was coming on at safety both are more than likely out for the year, then add in losing another safety to a muscle pull last week. So 3 of the 4 starting in the backend last night either haven't played the position before in Hurd or simply haven't had the time out there together with Jamison and Hudson so I'm hoping that will improve as we go a long. Wyatt back at DE and Q at LB has really helped this defense start to turn things around with pressure and starting to get more holding calls as well. I know everyone is going to have us as a huge underdog and that's ok been that way all season but maybe just maybe I've got a sneaky hunch there's a close game coming our way Friday night.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tough game to call both have played really tough schedules this season, Burg probably a bit more experienced in these situations compared to Waverly. Game is at Waverly but I'll take Burg by 14.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Burg wins comfortably, Does Burg have grey uniforms now? I seen some HOCO pictures of the players wearing all grey uniforms

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:25 am Burg wins comfortably, Does Burg have grey uniforms now? I seen some HOCO pictures of the players wearing all grey uniforms
The new ones worn last Friday had an off-black/grayish tent to them. Not sure why the color change.

Return to “Football”