Varsity

Meigs 29 - 27 Marietta 2022

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Thoughts

pioneer19
All Conference

Re: Week 8: Marietta @ Meigs

Post by pioneer19 »

Interesting matchup...been looking forward to this one since it was added to the schedule. Marietta offense needs to find a way to finish drives and put points on the board. Lots of underclassmen trying to run a new offense and it is hard to watch most of the time, especially when in the redzone. Tiger defense is gritty and came up with some great stops tonight against a decent Brooke team.

Haven't seen Meigs play, but common opponent is Athens. Looks like Meigs handled them tonight. I think as long as Marietta doesn't self destruct with turnovers like they did against Williamstown, it will be close.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Meigs scoring some points now

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Was surprised at the Marietta score last night. Thought they would get blown out but they hung in there. Definitely a winnable game but as Pioneer said, the offense needs to finish drives.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Three huge impact players vs athens lastnight

Conlee Burnem rushed for 221 yards in just 14 carries, scoring on runs of 57, 60 and 73 yards

Griffin Cleland added 115 in 20 carries and three scores. Cleland also hooked up with Burnem on a 41 yard scoring toss

Conner Imboden also tied a Meigs High School record with three interceptions on the night

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Should be a good game but if Meigs Comes out hot on offense again and their defense continues to force turnovers nobody left on their schedule will stop them, just gotta take it one game at a time, that being said meigs has pretty good chance at ending the season at 6-4 and making the playoffs

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Where they will get pounded unmercifully. No point in going to the show when you arent even the best team in the county.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:47 am Where they will get pounded unmercifully. No point in going to the show when you arent even the best team in the county.
I almost Guarantee if Meigs, Southern, and Eastern all played each other once meigs would be the only team to beat both opponents, which it should be that way don't get me wrong because meigs is bigger than both schools. Meigs fans and players actually support both Eastern and Southern unless they are playing meigs, it's a part of being in the same county

but yes meigs will probably get pounded if they make the playoffs but you need to focus on your trimble tomcats season before worrying about Meigs season

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Oh I can handle both. You see we aint that good this year. I get that. But normally we are very good and we take care of business. That Meigs program though.......lol.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:15 am Oh I can handle both. You see we aint that good this year. I get that. But normally we are very good and we take care of business. That Meigs program though.......lol.
Meigs has never really been a big football school anyways they have the most success in the baseball program

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:17 pm
Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:47 am Where they will get pounded unmercifully. No point in going to the show when you arent even the best team in the county.
I almost Guarantee if Meigs, Southern, and Eastern all played each other once meigs would be the only team to beat both opponents, which it should be that way don't get me wrong because meigs is bigger than both schools. Meigs fans and players actually support both Eastern and Southern unless they are playing meigs, it's a part of being in the same county

but yes meigs will probably get pounded if they make the playoffs but you need to focus on your trimble tomcats season before worrying about Meigs season
Well NY only beat Trimble by 16 and they put a runner on Meigs. Eastern beat Trimble by almost as much as NY did so I'd say Eastern would put a runner on Meigs. Meigs is lacking enough talent right now to beat any decent teams it seems. :mrgreen:

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

K00ND0GGER wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Well NY only beat Trimble by 16 and they put a runner on Meigs. Eastern beat Trimble by almost as much as NY did so I'd say Eastern would put a runner on Meigs. Meigs is lacking enough talent right now to beat any decent teams it seems. :mrgreen:
Meigs vs nelsonville game was 7-0 after the first half, some questionable play calling accurred in the second half, meigs would whoop trimble and beat eastern as well, the only reason nelsonville didn’t put more up on trimble is probably because it was the first game of the season

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:35 pm
K00ND0GGER wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Meigs vs nelsonville game was 7-0 after the first half, some questionable play calling accurred in the second half, meigs would whoop trimble and beat eastern as well, the only reason nelsonville didn’t put more up on trimble is probably because it was the first game of the season
NY dominated Meigs once they spread them out. It was ugly. Had they done that in first half they could have scored 100. So the only thing questionable was why they didn't start the game like that. Eastern would put a runner on Meigs. Also VC beat Meigs by worse than they did Trimble. It would be a dog fight between Trimble and Meigs as both are lacking talent this year. I'd give the coaching edge to Trimble.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:37 am
Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:15 am Oh I can handle both. You see we aint that good this year. I get that. But normally we are very good and we take care of business. That Meigs program though.......lol.
Meigs has never really been a big football school anyways they have the most success in the baseball program
Not a surprise. I mean you dont have to hit anyone. So soft athletes have a chance in baseball.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:16 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:37 am
Not a surprise. I mean you dont have to hit anyone. So soft athletes have a chance in baseball.
yea that's totally why :roll:

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Welp this thread turned into a dumpster fire... :roll:

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:06 am Should be a good game but if Meigs Comes out hot on offense again and their defense continues to force turnovers nobody left on their schedule will stop them, just gotta take it one game at a time, that being said meigs has pretty good chance at ending the season at 6-4 and making the playoffs
I watched a little Meigs video and they have some weapons. Marietta isn't winning a shoot out. Gonna need a low scoring, ugly game. Long possessions, keep Meigs offense off the field. Limit turnovers and force some on defense.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

pioneer19 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:47 pm
Tvcfanatic wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:06 am Should be a good game but if Meigs Comes out hot on offense again and their defense continues to force turnovers nobody left on their schedule will stop them, just gotta take it one game at a time, that being said meigs has pretty good chance at ending the season at 6-4 and making the playoffs
I watched a little Meigs video and they have some weapons. Marietta isn't winning a shoot out. Gonna need a low scoring, ugly game. Long possessions, keep Meigs offense off the field. Limit turnovers and force some on defense.
Yea I haven’t gotten to watch anything on Marietta but excited to watch the game unfold friday night

E High
All State

Post by E High »

If Meigs is any good at all they’ll win. Marietta, unfortunately, has been bad in football for a good while.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

pioneer19 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:47 pm
Was pretty impressed with how Marietta’s defense played vs Brooke. Agree on your analysis, not going to win a shootout. The offense has moved the ball on the ground and have a couple good backs. The key is finishing drives. And if they can make 1-2 big plays in the passing game to Lieres-Kelley that would be huge. Have a good feeling about this one for Marietta. They are a very young team and have taken their lumps but I think they are getting better.

Return to “Football”