This is what needs to happen.

pmow3
Varsity

This is what needs to happen.

Post by pmow3 »

I’ll just post this here and let everyone tell me how it won’t work. And that’s fine.
But I think, more than ever, it’s what needs to happen. For the better of both conferences.

Division 1
Ironton
Burg
Portsmouth
Waverly
West
Fairland
Gallia

Division 2
Valley
Minford
Rock hill
South point
Coal grove
Oak hill
Northwest
Chesapeake

Division 3
ND
East
Green
Eastern
SV
So Gallia
Manchester
And I might be missing someone.

You’d still have 3-4 games you could go schedule and play up or play down if you need to for your own program.
Travel excuse doesn’t hold water with me. All teams have a few games that are an hour away already.
Almost all of these teams play or have played the others that would be in their division within the last 10 years, so there is no new anything here.
Just do it.
Get Ironton away from these OVC mismatches.
Give the big schools a real conference
Let the middle group have a chance to compete against the same size or same level of talent.
Every week would be great games.
Every team would be playoff ready.

Go ahead everyone.
Blow this idea to hell. I’m ready.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: This is what needs to happen.

Post by BigBlueNation »

pmow3 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:42 pm I’ll just post this here and let everyone tell me how it won’t work. And that’s fine.
But I think, more than ever, it’s what needs to happen. For the better of both conferences.

Division 1
Ironton
Burg
Portsmouth
Waverly
West
Fairland
Gallia

Division 2
Valley
Minford
Rock hill
South point
Coal grove
Oak hill
Northwest
Chesapeake

Division 3
ND
East
Green
Eastern
SV
So Gallia
Manchester

You’d still have 3-4 games you could go schedule and play up or play down if you need to for your own program.
Travel excuse doesn’t hold water with me. All teams have a few games that are an hour away already.
Almost all of these teams play or have played the others that would be in their division within the last 10 years, so there is no new anything here.
Just do it.
Let the middle group have a chance to compete against the same size or same level of talent.

Go ahead everyone.
I like the idea Ole buddy.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

pmow3 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:42 pm I’ll just post this here and let everyone tell me how it won’t work. And that’s fine.

Division 1
Ironton
Burg
Portsmouth
Waverly
West
Fairland
Gallia

Division 2
Valley
Minford
Rock hill
South point
Coal grove
Oak hill
Northwest
Chesapeake

Division 3
ND
East
Green
Eastern
SV
So Gallia
Manchester

Just do it.

Go ahead everyone.
I think it’s a great idea but won’t happen.

First, West and Waverly have a hard enough time getting past Burg. They aren’t going to want Ironton in the league as well to make a conference title even harder to achieve.

Second, I know all of us go around and around about Ironton's transfers. But the reality is that Ironton is getting lots of talent from other schools. This currently is not playing well with some in the OVC and would not sit well with those in the SOC.

Third, the OVC needs the SOC far more than the SOC needs the OVC. If the SOC wants to add teams, I think they would have no problem doing so on their own terms. Example: the OVC opened up to new members and got no one to join. If the SOC did this, lots of teams would want in.

Fourth, the travel would be an issue. Not so much for football but for non-football sports.

Despite all of this, I think it would be fantastic but simply don’t see the SOC having any interest in moving this direction.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I don’t disagree with your reasons for no RBH.
This would only go for football. You could leave the others how they are.

But I agree. No way it ever happens. But it needs to

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Makes way too much sense. Like you said, some Schools already play in a different division for football so that wouldn't matter about the other sports.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I think there’s one program in Scioto County who would completely be against this. They would have won very little league titles under this alignment and I can’t see them voting the OVC in.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Manchester to South Gallia is 2 HR and 5 min….it’s an 1 hour 40 to Symmes Valley. Manchester’s longest league opponent is 1 hour away right now. If Manchester ever wants to rejoin the Adams Co School District this would keep them from it. Manchester is in the league best for them….basketball is king not football….and it makes more sense in every other sport and football isn’t exactly their cash cow

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly to Fairland is a meh trip. I think Waverly makes more sense in the FAC if they were leaving.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Division 1
Ironton
Burg
Portsmouth
Waverly
West
Fairland
Gallia

Division 2
Valley
Minford
Rock hill
South point
Coal grove
Oak hill
Northwest
Chesapeake

Division 3
ND
East
Green
Eastern
SV
So Gallia
Manchester

Just do it.

Go ahead everyone.
Restrictor plate football lol

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

FAC North
Washington
Miami trace