CB #'s and Total Enrollment

RBH23
S

Re: CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:54 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:25 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:10 pm

I need proof of wrongdoing. Need a guilty verdict.
True, it is innocent until proven guilty. For example: OJ Simpson didn’t murder anyone, neither did Casey Anthony. Not guilty verdict, so 100% did not commit the crime.

I haven’t driven over the speed limit since my last speeding ticket. How do I know this? I haven’t gotten a ticket since, so no chance I have driven faster than the posted limit.

Now back to Ironton…

Their second oldest rival now refuses to play them over this (Ashland has played Ironton longer than we have been alive).

Some OVC coaches are accusing Ironton of this and making their comments about Ironton public.

Parents have stated that their kids have been contacted by Ironton coaches…

Now maybe all of it is lies, misunderstandings, and/or rumors. Maybe none of it is occurring at all. Time will tell, but the verdict won’t be a “guilty” charge from OHSAA. It will be more and more schools refusing to play Ironton, and possibly the OVC dumping them.
So Ironton is openly bringing in 5-6 starters each year, openly contacting parents about kids coming to Ironton and yet the OHSAA either won’t look into it or has found no wrong doing. ?
I think Felder is the only starter from last year’s kids. Don’t think either Ashland kid starts. So 5-6 starters each year would be an exaggeration.

Openly contacting parents? Yes, parents have claimed this. Not in a negative way but bragging about it. Now are these parents lying? Don’t know. Are parents who claim promises are being made to their kid if he transfers lying about that as well? Don’t know. But these claims are being made.

Can’t speak for OSHAA…

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:46 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:25 pm

True, it is innocent until proven guilty. For example: OJ Simpson didn’t murder anyone, neither did Casey Anthony. Not guilty verdict, so 100% did not commit the crime.

I haven’t driven over the speed limit since my last speeding ticket. How do I know this? I haven’t gotten a ticket since, so no chance I have driven faster than the posted limit.

Now back to Ironton…

Their second oldest rival now refuses to play them over this (Ashland has played Ironton longer than we have been alive).

Some OVC coaches are accusing Ironton of this and making their comments about Ironton public.

Parents have stated that their kids have been contacted by Ironton coaches…

Now maybe all of it is lies, misunderstandings, and/or rumors. Maybe none of it is occurring at all. Time will tell, but the verdict won’t be a “guilty” charge from OHSAA. It will be more and more schools refusing to play Ironton, and possibly the OVC dumping them.
So Ironton is openly bringing in 5-6 starters each year, openly contacting parents about kids coming to Ironton and yet the OHSAA either won’t look into it or has found no wrong doing. ?
I think Felder is the only starter from last year’s kids. Don’t think either Ashland kid starts. So 5-6 starters each year would be an exaggeration.

Openly contacting parents? Yes, parents have claimed this. Not in a negative way but bragging about it. Now are these parents lying? Don’t know. Are parents who claim promises are being made to their kid if he transfers lying about that as well? Don’t know. But these claims are being made.

Can’t speak for OSHAA…

So just parent gossip. Nothing from ohsaa.

Ok 👍

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:41 pm

Can’t speak for OSHAA…

Ok 👍
Dude don’t be an Ironton apologist. Lol. It’s happening. Just done neatly. I know someone personally to me that saw it firsthand. Real Ironton fans know what’s up. Coaches around here better start picking up their game because the train ain’t stopping. Ohsaa ain’t gonna do a thing.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

mustard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:17 pm

Can’t speak for OSHAA…

Ok 👍
Dude don’t be an Ironton apologist. Lol. It’s happening. Just done neatly. I know someone personally to me that saw it firsthand. Real Ironton fans know what’s up. Coaches around here better start picking up their game because the train ain’t stopping. Ohsaa ain’t gonna do a thing.
It’s just the beginning. People cry but get on board because it’s the internet age of networking and promoting everything you do. You can promote all you want and it’s perfectly fine. Kids can talk to each other and it’s fine. It’s only going to get worse ironton won’t be the only school and is not the only school getting kids to come play. You would be crazy not to if you are good enough for college, getting a scholarship takes a lot of stress off parents as well financially.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:23 pm

Ok 👍
It’s just the beginning. People cry but get on board because it’s the internet age of networking and promoting everything you do. You can promote all you want and it’s perfectly fine. Kids can talk to each other and it’s fine. It’s only going to get worse ironton won’t be the only school and is not the only school getting kids to come play. You would be crazy not to if you are good enough for college, getting a scholarship takes a lot of stress off parents as well financially.
Yep, and the OHSAA aint got one set of balls on them to do anything about it. The OHSAA showed me who they were when they put 16 teams in the postseason. What a joke!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

[youtube][/youtube]
mustard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:27 pm

Yep, and the OHSAA aint got one set of balls on them to do anything about it. The OHSAA showed me who they were when they put 16 teams in the postseason. What a joke!
Unless kids are being kidnapped and forced to play at Ironton I would say parents are making a conscious decision to go to Ironton for football. Maybe even a business decision.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:32 pm [youtube][/youtube]

Unless kids are being kidnapped and forced to play at Ironton I would say parents are making a conscious decision to go to Ironton for football. Maybe even a business decision.
Spot on, but they aint following any of those OHSAA rules. Families don't move into Ironton just for their kid to play football for a couple of years. Let's all be adults here. Burg has done the same thing in the past but Ironton is steamrolling in it right now. Just need a rental. :lol:

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:37 pm

Spot on, but they aint following any of those OHSAA rules. Families don't move into Ironton just for their kid to play football for a couple of years. Let's all be adults here. Burg has done the same thing in the past but Ironton is steamrolling in it right now. Just need a rental. :lol:
Exactly , the crimes Ironton is being accused of had been done by many local programs including Wheelersburg. Ironton is just really good at it.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:20 pm

Exactly , the crimes Ironton is being accused of had been done by many local programs including Wheelersburg. Ironton is just really good at it.
Yep. But Ironton fans on here think they are on the up and up with it. I guess they don’t want to admit that’s why they are winning but when you got talent like that coming in, you gonna win a bunch of games. The other area coaches are just going to have to get balls and do it themselves or Ironton will continue to dominate the area for awhile until a new gimmick comes along.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:27 pm

Yep. But Ironton fans on here think they are on the up and up with it. I guess they don’t want to admit that’s why they are winning but when you got talent like that coming in, you gonna win a bunch of games. The other area coaches are just going to have to get balls and do it themselves or Ironton will continue to dominate the area for awhile until a new gimmick comes along.

I’m sure all the other schools who have had transfers benefited with a couple extra wins here and there. Ironton seems to have some good hometown talent too.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:46 pm

I’m sure all the other schools who have had transfers benefited with a couple extra wins here and there. Ironton seems to have some good hometown talent too.
Oh yeah they got some good hometown players on this years team for
Ironton for sure, especially on defensive side of ball but their offensive weapons are the add ons. Elevates their overall talent pool. It was their add on from valley that torched you guys twice. I bet you’re glad he gon next year lol.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

mustard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:56 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:46 pm

Oh yeah they got some good hometown players on this years team for
Ironton for sure, especially on defensive side of ball but their offensive weapons are the add ons. Elevates their overall talent pool. It was their add on from valley that torched you guys twice. I bet you’re glad he gon next year lol.
Yeah and it’s that player from valley that kinda started a lot of the recruiting talk some said he was approached at a basketball game by the coach but who knows it doesn’t matter at this point what’s done is done

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

I'm not sure if the kid they got from Northwest even gets any playing time

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironton coaches recruit these kids in public and don’t get caught! They are like 1930s mob bosses who do what they want in front of the cops just because they can!

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Boo freaking who...no proof of any of that. Zero,none...Ironton living 24/7 in Musturds head lmao

pinhead
Waterboy

Post by pinhead »

The Ironton coaches ,AKA ,"the untouchables" :lol: :lol: :lol:

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

:lol: I love it how Ironton defends their “ non “recruiting.”

It so cute. It seems to me that all the other fans live inside their head. It’s the same responses all the time.

-Ironton does a lot for their kids on social media
-No proof
-They want to come to Ironton because of the connections.
-What rules have been broken (that’s the best one)
- They don’t really help us that much. We’d still be good

Ironton has had like over a go zillion transfers in a span of what four to five years. And amazingly the coaches have not had one contact with these players prior to the season, and they’ve all picked up and moved into town without having to sit, except for this year of course. Lol. Give me a break. I think us non Ironton fans are living in your head. We seem to have a better grasp of reality.

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Post by DcP3407 »

I sure hope that other coaches doe not "get the balls and do it themselves." I would much rather coaches spend that time developing the young men in their locker rooms. Developing them to be better football players and more importantly better men. I think conversations like this cause us to lose sight on what is really important. So much of this conversation is about kids moving to schools to try to go to college to play football - if they think that Ironton can help with that, then so be it..... but thats about less than 1% of the athletes in our area. The other 99% need much more than help talking to college coaches, and I hope that a majority of the local coaches recognize that and do not try to focus only on winning.And before you take that last sentence the wrong way, let me explain that I may be the most competitive person around and that winning should be at the forefront of any program, but I also understand that there is more to the game ,that involves 15-19 year olds, than winning.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm
Even “lots of softball players” is an overreach . None of the players on this state team were high school transfers. In fact, the vast majority are from second and third generation Burg families. Names that have been common in Burg for decades: Eaton, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery, Howard, Lang, etc.

As shocking as it might seem to some, Burg does not get a lot of sports transfers. And if you sum up the incoming and outgoing, it’s about a wash.

As for those living on the border of Burg, they send their kids to Burg for one reason: academics.
Students living 'on the edge' of Wheelersburg from the South Webster side definitely are NOT enrolling at Wheelersburg for academics. South Webster's academics are terrific and frequently have better state test scores than Wheelersburg across many, many grades.

And Wheelersburg has been on the winning end of South Webster transfers for decades now. Just like your best lineman this year, Blackburn --- a Webster kid.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:34 am
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm
Even “lots of softball players” is an overreach . None of the players on this state team were high school transfers. In fact, the vast majority are from second and third generation Burg families. Names that have been common in Burg for decades: Eaton, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery, Howard, Lang, etc.

As shocking as it might seem to some, Burg does not get a lot of sports transfers. And if you sum up the incoming and outgoing, it’s about a wash.

As for those living on the border of Burg, they send their kids to Burg for one reason: academics.
Students living 'on the edge' of Wheelersburg from the South Webster side definitely are NOT enrolling at Wheelersburg for academics. South Webster's academics are terrific and frequently have better state test scores than Wheelersburg across many, many grades.

And Wheelersburg has been on the winning end of South Webster transfers for decades now. Just like your best lineman this year, Blackburn --- a Webster kid.
Burg is great in academics but I agree with you about kids from Webster, they ain't really coming for academics. But most if all have been coming since k. Residents near the C store and some of lick run lyra are closer to burg schools.

But the kid you mentioned did not come to burg because of sports. Sports has been great to him, but he was in a bad place and someone from Burg took him in, before junior high.

Return to “Football”