CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Post by Beergogglebluez »

What are people going to say next year and beyond. The JV is loaded middle school is loaded. Are they recruits or transfers? Some of those recruits or transfers barely play or don’t play. Ashland qb is not a starter. Pittman he barely played and when he did he’s not had much impact. Felder is really good. The best back in my opinion. Keyes has power. The excuse is going to run out sooner or later. I don’t care at all. Whatever school should load up. I keep getting sucked into these ridiculous threads lol. It’s addicting like daytime soaps.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:51 am What are people going to say next year and beyond. The JV is loaded middle school is loaded. Are they recruits or transfers? Some of those recruits or transfers barely play or don’t play. Ashland qb is not a starter. Pittman he barely played and when he did he’s not had much impact. Felder is really good. The best back in my opinion. Keyes has power. The excuse is going to run out sooner or later. I don’t care at all. Whatever school should load up. I keep getting sucked into these ridiculous threads lol. It’s addicting like daytime soaps.
Both the kids from Ashland played many snaps on defense in the Burg game. I think the kid from Northwest started. Hes not a big dude but he was pretty good. I think Ironton's senior class was a pretty good going up through the grades. I remember them battling burg in close games in junior high. Felder, keys, and the WR from Valley are really good and have made this team already more dangerous.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:34 am
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm
Even “lots of softball players” is an overreach . None of the players on this state team were high school transfers. In fact, the vast majority are from second and third generation Burg families. Names that have been common in Burg for decades: Eaton, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery, Howard, Lang, etc.

As shocking as it might seem to some, Burg does not get a lot of sports transfers. And if you sum up the incoming and outgoing, it’s about a wash.

As for those living on the border of Burg, they send their kids to Burg for one reason: academics.
Students living 'on the edge' of Wheelersburg from the South Webster side definitely are NOT enrolling at Wheelersburg for academics. South Webster's academics are terrific and frequently have better state test scores than Wheelersburg across many, many grades.

And Wheelersburg has been on the winning end of South Webster transfers for decades now. Just like your best lineman this year, Blackburn --- a Webster kid.
Webster may be good by Scioto County standards, but they are nowhere near Burg. Nationally, Burg is ranked 3,000 out of 18,000 schools; Webster is 7,700th. Within the state, Burg is 104th. Webster 264th.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-h ... l-rankings

I don’t think people realize how good Burg’s schools are.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:51 am What are people going to say next year and beyond. The JV is loaded middle school is loaded. Are they recruits or transfers? Some of those recruits or transfers barely play or don’t play. Ashland qb is not a starter. Pittman he barely played and when he did he’s not had much impact. Felder is really good. The best back in my opinion. Keyes has power. The excuse is going to run out sooner or later. I don’t care at all. Whatever school should load up. I keep getting sucked into these ridiculous threads lol. It’s addicting like daytime soaps.
What are people going to say next year? Depends on how many new faces show up on the Ironton team.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:45 am
Even “lots of softball players” is an overreach . None of the players on this state team were high school transfers. In fact, the vast majority are from second and third generation Burg families. Names that have been common in Burg for decades: Eaton, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery, Howard, Lang, etc.

As shocking as it might seem to some, Burg does not get a lot of sports transfers. And if you sum up the incoming and outgoing, it’s about a wash.

As for those living on the border of Burg, they send their kids to Burg for one reason: academics.
Students living 'on the edge' of Wheelersburg from the South Webster side definitely are NOT enrolling at Wheelersburg for academics. South Webster's academics are terrific and frequently have better state test scores than Wheelersburg across many, many grades.

And Wheelersburg has been on the winning end of South Webster transfers for decades now. Just like your best lineman this year, Blackburn --- a Webster kid.
Burg is great in academics but I agree with you about kids from Webster, they ain't really coming for academics. But most if all have been coming since k. Residents near the C store and some of lick run lyra are closer to burg schools.

But the kid you mentioned did not come to burg because of sports. Sports has been great to him, but he was in a bad place and someone from Burg took him in, before junior high.
I know the situation, but I keep seeing you say "someone from Burg took him in."

You do understand that someone you're referencing works at South Webster schools, right? Lol. You word that like he had zero option once taken in.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:06 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:45 am

Burg is great in academics but I agree with you about kids from Webster, they ain't really coming for academics. But most if all have been coming since k. Residents near the C store and some of lick run lyra are closer to burg schools.

But the kid you mentioned did not come to burg because of sports. Sports has been great to him, but he was in a bad place and someone from Burg took him in, before junior high.
I know the situation, but I keep seeing you say "someone from Burg took him in."

You do understand that someone you're referencing works at South Webster schools, right? Lol.
Yes I know the situation. Know the family very well. But it sounded like you were saying that he came for athletics, which isn't true. By the way, Football has been good to him. Not sure if he could of played soccer, too many yellow cards lol

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 am

Webster may be good by Scioto County standards, but they are nowhere near Burg. Nationally, Burg is ranked 3,000 out of 18,000 schools; Webster is 7,700th. Within the state, Burg is 104th. Webster 264th.

Based on average income per family / percentage of students who come from 2 parent homes (extremely small amount), I don't think people understand how good South Webster schools are.

With that said, my main point stays the same. No kid from South Webster is leaving to go to Wheelersburg for academics. Literally none.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Ironton wins because they outwork every other program in area. Coach Pendelton has been on record saying these kids only get 30 total days off the entire year. Name me another program that works like that. They can say transfers they can say it’s this or that. Ironton should had beat the state runner-up week in 2018 in Johnstown Monroe. Ironton had a TD called back if I remember and fumbled going into score on 1 yard line with a min to go. They did that with only 35 or so kids on roster. The moral of the story. It’s not the transfers that’s doing it. It’s the program and the work that’s being put in. I’ve had many people tell me that Pendelton is twice as hard as Coach Lutz was back in the day. Let me tell you, if that’s the case. Then that’s all you need to know why the program turned around. Coach Lutz was before his time with workouts and other things but man he ran a disciplined ship. Coach P is cut from the same cloth.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:31 am Ironton wins because they outwork every other program in area. Coach Pendelton has been on record saying these kids only get 30 total days off the entire year. Name me another program that works like that. They can say transfers they can say it’s this or that. Ironton should had beat the state runner-up week in 2018 in Johnstown Monroe. Ironton had a TD called back if I remember and fumbled going into score on 1 yard line with a min to go. They did that with only 35 or so kids on roster. The moral of the story. It’s not the transfers that’s doing it. It’s the program and the work that’s being put in. I’ve had many people tell me that Pendelton is twice as hard as Coach Lutz was back in the day. Let me tell you, if that’s the case. Then that’s all you need to know why the program turned around. Coach Lutz was before his time with workouts and other things but man he ran a disciplined ship. Coach P is cut from the same cloth.
:lol: Love the enthusiasm hoss. Sounds like you wash the coach's jock strap or buy him a round of beers down at the endzone. You do realize that you guys dont beat jackson last year or this year without perkins? Heck You may not have beat burg without felder. See one of my excuses in one of the previous posts above.

Coach P may be all that you said he is but you can work as hard or as easy as you want with that talent on the field, its a whole lot easier to put up the dubs. It's better if you admit it bro.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:05 am
What are people going to say next year? Depends on how many new faces show up on the Ironton team.
maybe all those new faces want to win maybe they don't care if they start or not because they know they will still get playing time and be part of a winning team.
These lame excuses Ironton only wins because of recruits is just that lame.
The statement kids are being ripped from their schools and teams and friends is even stupider.
Young men are wanting to be winners and part of a team that works to build and win.
Say what you will Pendelton is working and teaching these young men to be their best.
They just don't get to practice and play they are required to be a part of the community by doing community service encouraged to get summer jobs and create a work ethic.
To support each other when called upon to play be ready.
Pendleton is building something at Ironton and young men want to be a part of that.
Other coaches and schools either need to step up or continue to allow Ironton to recieve their players.
So whine all you want and bring up what you will.
Ironton is only getting better and it is showing

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:07 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:28 pm Question, the two ineligible players at Ironton. Will they be counted as +2 since they have not been ruled eligible as Ironton player living in Ironton district?
They will always have a high cb. A lot of families live close to burg schools but not in the district. There are many Families that have burg addresses but live in South webster, green, and minford districts but are closer to burg schools. Parents will just drive them in rather than going on a bus.
So they should be going to green , Webster, or minford ?
Yes.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

mustard wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:00 am
XandOs wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:31 am Ironton wins because they outwork every other program in area. Coach Pendelton has been on record saying these kids only get 30 total days off the entire year. Name me another program that works like that. They can say transfers they can say it’s this or that. Ironton should had beat the state runner-up week in 2018 in Johnstown Monroe. Ironton had a TD called back if I remember and fumbled going into score on 1 yard line with a min to go. They did that with only 35 or so kids on roster. The moral of the story. It’s not the transfers that’s doing it. It’s the program and the work that’s being put in. I’ve had many people tell me that Pendelton is twice as hard as Coach Lutz was back in the day. Let me tell you, if that’s the case. Then that’s all you need to know why the program turned around. Coach Lutz was before his time with workouts and other things but man he ran a disciplined ship. Coach P is cut from the same cloth.
:lol: Love the enthusiasm hoss. Sounds like you wash the coach's jock strap or buy him a round of beers down at the endzone. You do realize that you guys dont beat jackson last year or this year without perkins? Heck You may not have beat burg without felder. See one of my excuses in one of the previous posts above.

Coach P may be all that you said he is but you can work as hard or as easy as you want with that talent on the field, its a whole lot easier to put up the dubs. It's better if you admit it bro.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1664978741788.jpg

Beergogglebluez
SE

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:10 am
maybe all those new faces want to win maybe they don't care if they start or not because they know they will still get playing time and be part of a winning team.
The statement kids are being ripped from their schools and teams and friends is even stupider.
Young men are wanting to be winners and part of a team that works to build and win.
Say what you will Pendelton is working and teaching these young men to be their best.
They just don't get to practice and play they are required to be a part of the community by doing community service encouraged to get summer jobs and create a work ethic.
Pendleton is building something at Ironton and young men want to be a part of that.
Other coaches and schools either need to step up or continue to allow Ironton to recieve their players.
You will get a ton of kids who are happy just standing on the sideline and watching the team win. Being apart of that is something special. Kids are buying into the practices, practice is just as hard as the games. Let them load up and if Portsmouth beats them it will be awesome. I’m not hating on that program. More schools need to step up and promote the school. Looking at Facebook the kids there love the weight room and practice, the coach is doing something right.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Everytime I hear someone say a seo school is good or mention anything about academics in seo I lmao. 😂

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

He's got next year to prove it if no one transfers in, unless we count the ashland kids, since they aint playing a full season. But next year he can shut a lot of people up if no one transfers in and he's successful outside of the OVC. They will win the OVC every year with who they have most likely.

But we all know, its the only way to combat the columbus schools, so I doubt he gets zero in next year.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:15 am

Everytime I hear someone say a seo school is good or mention anything about academics in seo I lmao. 😂 burg gets a C grade for their schools nationally. Not very desirable. My kids graduated from a high school in loudon county va where 85% of the student body was at least bilingual. And the student body is about 4 times the size. There are no seo school systems that register as anything academically special in seo. 😂😂

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

It's southern ohio, they now have more rehabs than schools. Only gonnna get worse

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:14 am

You will get a ton of kids who are happy just standing on the sideline and watching the team win. Being apart of that is something special. Kids are buying into the practices, practice is just as hard as the games. Let them load up and if Portsmouth beats them it will be awesome. I’m not hating on that program. More schools need to step up and promote the school. Looking at Facebook the kids there love the weight room and practice, the coach is doing something right.
I don't agree with your first statement at all. I heard Ironton practices are pretty lenghty, I think kids want to play. I have seen kids transfer more because they weren't playing.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:15 am

Everytime I hear someone say a seo school is good or mention anything about academics in seo I lmao. 😂
I’m not saying, USNews is saying it. Maybe you should contact them and explain how they are wrong in their rankings based on your thorough analysis.

Beergogglebluez
SE

mustard wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 am

He's got next year to prove it if no one transfers in, unless we count the ashland kids, since they aint playing a full season. But next year he can shut a lot of people up if no one transfers in and he's successful outside of the OVC. They will win the OVC every year with who they have most likely.

But we all know, its the only way to combat the columbus schools, so I doubt he gets zero in next year.
You need the help to beat those teams. Harvest prep all recruits. Burg didn’t beat them last year. I am not sure ironton can beat harvest prep this year with the kids they have. Burg won’t. No school in southern Ohio will beat them. I hope the hell I’m wrong but they have got better every year.

Return to “Football”