Vinton County 20 - 21 Nelsonville-York 2022

Auntyjp
Waterboy

Re: Vinton County 20 - 21 Nelsonville-York 2022

Post by Auntyjp »

I’m not understanding all the comments about the last play. Coach clearly was going to attempt a FG. The regular snapper was out of the game.
Mental error happen. So what’s all the name calling. You won the game, I personally thought it was a good game. Too bad most of you don’t know Tj personally. You all call names and poke fun, then when a coach quits you want to make fun of that too. Things like VC can’t keep a coach well no wonder geesh. I am from VC, and I am totally embarrassed at the situation. Wow I think we all are

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:22 pm As far as the TVC voting, you better check your sources. I never bashed anyone. I said the voting was a joke and yes, I was embarrassed by the process in which they reached the results. Never said one disparaging remark about an individual, especially, a kid.

There is a reason why I have less than 1600 post in 18 years. I would like to think I use this forum as intended; promote the positive attributes/events of our community, congratulate others for their success, and defend my home. And somewhere along the way, provide a little humor.

If it is pretentious to articulate a cogent argument with proper grammar and punctuation, I am guilty. But please remember, I graduated from Vinton County.
You’re the worst.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:42 pm First, I never justified anything. In fact, I said; "...not making excuses..." Secondly, as a Vinton Countian, I am embarrassed. And trust me, this is reverberating throughout this county. Next, I have never used this forum to bash a school, a community, a coach, and/or player. I have been on this forum since February 2005, almost 18 years, and you won't find it. However, I have taken shots at Jackson for their pretentiousness, but not one individual. But most of that was tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, is seems to be so readily available now. And as far at the bible verse, I was merely pointing out we all have had issues, especially dealing with football. Remind me, wasn't too long ago that Nelsonville-York had a football coach belittling players so much that he was let go mid-season and another punching other people out. We all live in glass houses, so grow up by not judging us, until you can claim perfection. :roll:
Feelings are mutual. Over the years I’ve never seen a place have so many adults act like complete children. Absolutely embarrassing.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:22 pm As far as the TVC voting, you better check your sources. I never bashed anyone. I said the voting was a joke and yes, I was embarrassed by the process in which they reached the results. Never said one disparaging remark about an individual, especially, a kid.

There is a reason why I have less than 1600 post in 18 years. I would like to think I use this forum as intended; promote the positive attributes/events of our community, congratulate others for their success, and defend my home. And somewhere along the way, provide a little humor.

If it is pretentious to articulate a cogent argument with proper grammar and punctuation, I am guilty. But please remember, I graduated from Vinton County.
Most comical and inaccurate statement I’ve seen on this thread so far. No matter, one needs to go back no further than your second post on this thread to see you bash not one but two coaches. Your memory must be evading you in the latter part of those 18 years you’ve been on here.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:43 pm

Most comical and inaccurate statement I’ve seen on this thread so far. No matter, one needs to go back no further than your second post on this thread to see you bash not one but two coaches. Your memory must be evading you in the latter part of those 18 years you’ve been on here.
😂😂😂 so embarrassing. Dude,.. hawkeyepierce and others comments making a case for the POS coach trips a high school player is mind boggling. “I assure you he feels embarrassed” I assure that if a grown ass man tripped my teenage boy he would take some consequences. You guys are unbelievable sticking up for this guy. My question is, why is he on the sideline in begin with? Why? Equipment manager my ass. This isn’t a D1 university. That’s complete garbage

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

VC94 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:54 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:43 pm

😂😂😂 so embarrassing. Dude,.. hawkeyepierce and others comments making a case for the POS coach trips a high school player is mind boggling. “I assure you he feels embarrassed” I assure that if a grown ass man tripped my teenage boy he would take some consequences. You guys are unbelievable sticking up for this guy. My question is, why is he on the sideline in begin with? Why? Equipment manager my ass. This isn’t a D1 university. That’s complete garbage
Yes it’s unbelievable that the one guy tried to make a case for him, shamed anyone who criticized him, and then denied making a case for him. It would be hilarious if it didn’t involve the tripping of a high school player by a coach. But it seems that guy is steeped in denial on several of his posts on SEOPS. 😂

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

This game would have been a classic except for the way it ended. Coach carper should have known that he had one timeout remaining on the final play. When those boys went out to line up , they were clearly unorganized and not on the same page. He should have called timeout right there on the spot. Not good coaching!

Ol Teflon TJ hasn’t proven jack imo. He’s been winning with kids from another school. Year 3 is going to be his ride or die season :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”