Ironton 29 - 22 Gallia Academy 2022

fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: WK9 Ironton - Gallia Academy Shake Shop Battle

Post by fielddaddy »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:23 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:10 pm
GalliaBD wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:39 pm Tigers are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook
And who did you think they was.
Gallia was down 22-7 and Ironton let them back in the game with penalties.
Gallia played with heart don’t discount Ironton on this win
Penalties pl as yes a huge part in this game.
And that is what Ironton needs to clean up.
So tell me what you thought Ironton was the team that blew Rock Hill that Gallia couldn’t beat.
Or was Ironton the team that took Gallia’s best shot and won.
Please tell
Honestly, this Ironton team is far less than advertised. Supposed to be their best team ever many said. Tgey are not touching a state title game honestly. Looks like they are beatable without ineligible players.
This is a game Ironton needed they played sloppy turned the ball over and committed penalties at the wrong time.
I’m all honesty they over loooked Gallia.
The QB for Ironton was eating Gallia up in the first half.
Second half Ironton didn’t pass play calling was bad no excuse for that.
Penalties at the wrong time killed momentum.
This is a very good Ironton team.
But if they don’t quit stepping on their own toes then they will not go far at all in the playoffs.
Gallia played hard and with heart.
I will give them that they should have never lost to Rock Holl but they did what Ironton did over looked an opponent

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Ironton overlooked Gallia & Gallia overlooked RH & were focused on this game. Ironton is sloppy, I can’t remember a year with Pendleton when they looked this way. Way too many flags, bad play calling, etc. Ironton will have to get better in trenches Gallia was popping consistent runs of 5+ a carry with a few for a loss mixed in. Gallia’s QB kept them in game, improviser & warrior. Throughly been impressed by him all year. Gallia’s defense looked a lot more physical. Kudos to Ironton a wins a win. Hopefully Gallia will be ready for SP & Ironton ready for Portsmouth.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Rooting for my alma mater as always - but no way Ironton makes a playoff run beating Gallia by this margin. Underachieving...again.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:23 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:10 pm
GalliaBD wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:39 pm Tigers are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook
And who did you think they was.
Gallia was down 22-7 and Ironton let them back in the game with penalties.
Gallia played with heart don’t discount Ironton on this win
Penalties pl as yes a huge part in this game.
And that is what Ironton needs to clean up.
So tell me what you thought Ironton was the team that blew Rock Hill that Gallia couldn’t beat.
Or was Ironton the team that took Gallia’s best shot and won.
Please tell
Honestly, this Ironton team is far less than advertised. Supposed to be their best team ever many said. Tgey are not touching a state title game honestly. Looks like they are beatable without ineligible players.

Bailey Thacker played and helped IHS ROLL the first half. He was one of the ineligible players, NOW eligible.
PendleTon did not opt to use the other player, now eligible. (Aris Pittmann)

HORRIBLE play by IHS LAST 2 games
14 penalties for 218 yards this week.
11 penalties last week or more.
I believe a NEEDED wake up call for IHS.

Applause for GAHS. They gave IHS a run for it, & it was needed for both squads.

IronTon leading rusher & multi look offensive back, Amari Feilder, Re aggravated ankle at mid 3rd qrtr & IHS WENT FLAT FROM THEN ON.

Penalties get cleaned up or IHS will early exit R19 & be runner up in OVC.
Portsmouth will take out the IHS team that played tonight.

Keyes has yet to solidify his size, ability, & strength as a dominant running back & he must-for IHS to continue winning.

Credit to gallia. They came to play & gave IHS ALL they could handle as of present.

Imho,gAllia played up, IronTon never left the locker room…

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton needed this game, I can’t imagine how Rock Hill ever beat Gallia Academy, very nice team. Penalties killed both teams, they’ll both have to clean them up, awful late in the season to be committing this many silly penalties. Hopefully we’ve got those out of our system now. Good luck to the Blue Devils next week and into the playoffs.

Go Fighting Tigers……..

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Week 9 Gallia Academy@Ironton

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:13 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:43 pm ironton absolutely has to clean up all the penalties. i would say coach pendleton drills that into his team this week. that part of the game is just about a lack of discipline. and the coach will clean that up. ironton unloaded every can of hornet spray on coal grove that could be found in ironton. i thought this would be much more contested. i was shocked to see the mighty redmen knock them from the ranks of the unbeaten. did the devils look past the redmen, or have the redmen started to get things together. i think it has to be one of the bigger wins in tribe country.
ironton has the horses, and they are deep. but the time of year has come that crucial penalties can be fatal for your team.

SPOT on FROM an EXPERIENCED IHS alum.

The Puzzle piece that separates the Great 1 with His name on the field inside the storied TANK & the really good 1 that is “oh so close” & end result of A winning/completed:

OVC
R -19
D-5 final four
D-5 CHAMPIONS
CAMPAIGN
& to reflect on it.
To visualize the calmness & aggravation of teen discipline to eliminate the penalties, is the BOTTOM LINE @ this point in the endeavor.

All else is there as described & there is no excuse or reasoning for the disciplinary dilemma to continue.
Plenty of younger Tigers rHet2go (ready to go) &
roar…

Avoiding unnecessary yellow sores.

After some mid-season realigning.

The IronTon Players remaining have stepped up to fill some big shoes & are shining brightly.

This speaks volumes to the quality of training & leadership the PendleTon staff instills deep into the charts of each skilled position.

However- WE all know, that this lack of discipline, in the end is the difference maker in a regional championShip & the opportunity to rep SEO FB in a final 4 showdown, or an early exit to the sound of squeaky shoes & the “swooshing” of roundball nets.

This discipline issue should’ve been eliminated several seasons ago, yet it remains.

BE GONE YELLOW FLAGS!

Step up -young Men of IRON!!!

#GotGo

AND THE YELLOW COLOR FEST CONTINUES!!

Worst ive seen ihs play ALL YEAR!!!

Head up tigers, you are DOING YOUR BEST, BUT
PendleTon needs to start with the basics all over again & right this sloppy execution!

KEEP ASKING FOR EXCELLENCE FROM COACHES TIGERS!!!

Just YUK!

KCol
Freshman Team

Re: Week 9 Gallia Academy@Ironton

Post by KCol »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:26 pm
KCol wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:09 pm
BigCarlito72 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:41 pm

You just got beat by RH. Your best game at Ironton is still gonna get ya beat by 40. #reality
Nice to see you using the account that you started here at SEOPS, SpeedKillz/Chill/THEE_GAMEEE. At least you're talking your mess on the main account.
My username could be Fook_Your_Mom & it doesn't change the facts. Huge mismatch fri night.
Hey man, where are you? I thought this was going to be over by half? 50-7 final, right? That's why I told you on Page 3 that, well you know, you play the game first before talking. I know it's a novel concept, but I've found that it actually works well! Imagine that!

Considering you live in an upscale Northern Virginia county, I thought that would be something you would know by now. It's a very elementary concept that I, being born in Southeastern Ohio, raised in Northeastern Kentucky and a proud Tri-State Area native, understand. Hopefully from now on, you'll quit bashing kids and an area demographic and channel that energy toward finding ways to make things better.

I'll venture to say two things:

1. Since Ironton didn't win by 43 as you predicted, Gallia Academy was the tougher and smarter football team tonight. Ironton got key plays from its crew of talented players and was able to pull it out which is always great.

2. You don't know a lot about football and Southeastern Ohio.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

NoPain23 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:03 pm Ironton overlooked Gallia & Gallia overlooked RH & were focused on this game. Ironton is sloppy, I can’t remember a year with Pendleton when they looked this way. Way too many flags, bad play calling, etc. Ironton will have to get better in trenches Gallia was popping consistent runs of 5+ a carry with a few for a loss mixed in. Gallia’s QB kept them in game, improviser & warrior. Throughly been impressed by him all year. Gallia’s defense looked a lot more physical. Kudos to Ironton a wins a win. Hopefully Gallia will be ready for SP & Ironton ready for Portsmouth.
Actually, I think it’s reasonable to argue that too many flags and bad playing calling have been the Achilles heel of Ironton for the duration of Pendleton’s tenure.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:13 am
NoPain23 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:03 pm Ironton overlooked Gallia & Gallia overlooked RH & were focused on this game. Ironton is sloppy, I can’t remember a year with Pendleton when they looked this way. Way too many flags, bad play calling, etc. Ironton will have to get better in trenches Gallia was popping consistent runs of 5+ a carry with a few for a loss mixed in. Gallia’s QB kept them in game, improviser & warrior. Throughly been impressed by him all year. Gallia’s defense looked a lot more physical. Kudos to Ironton a wins a win. Hopefully Gallia will be ready for SP & Ironton ready for Portsmouth.
Actually, I think it’s reasonable to argue that too many flags and bad playing calling have been the Achilles heel of Ironton for the duration of Pendleton’s tenure.
This is correct. Personal fouls are the primary issue of the two in my opinion. Personally, I also do not see a coaching staff that is fully together and bought in with one another. I believe they condone too many personal fouls in my opinion, as well. Some are always going to be the result of playing hard, but many of Ironton's are avoidable.

BDS
Waterboy

Re: Ironton 29 - 22 Gallia Academy 2022

Post by BDS »

Ironton fans:
If you want to compliment the effort, heart, speed or whatever of a team you played then do so and leave it at that. When you turn around in the same post and talk about how poor Ironton played then you undermine anything positive you said about the other team. Blaming play calling and penalties and saying things like "Imho,gAllia played up, IronTon never left the locker room…" cancels anything positive you said, so don't bother. The truth is Gallia is an average team that played their typical game against Ironton, nothing special. If this Ironton team is as good as they have been hyped up to be then they better get a bunch of things fixed quick.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Hard to believe we are at Week 10 next week.
Go Tigers

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:06 pm Rooting for my alma mater as always - but no way Ironton makes a playoff run beating Gallia by this margin. Underachieving...again.
They don’t get any better from week one to 10. Same thing last year

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

No excuses this year

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good to see Thacker dressed and back on the field for the Fighting Tigers.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:00 pm No excuses this year
Who do you think you are that anyone cares what you think? You Burg fans have the excuse thing down pat. :lol:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

svac83 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:11 pm Your right Gallia academy hasn't won in this series very many times. But i think maybe the win in 2017 was the only one that wasn't considered a major upset. Gallia has not played very many games that they played well the entire game. I think this past week taught them a lesson that they didn't like. I will be shocked if the blue devils win this game. But i was pretty surprised that we won in 2018 . But for anyone out there that thinks this blue devil team just rolls over i will be surprised. think this game is something like 35-21 ironton i will be surprised if it is more then 2 scores. if ironton helps blue devils out with a couple of turnovers then who knows what happens. think this blue devil team may be a year away from being ready. to be honest with you getting beat may be something they can use to buld a fire in the off season.
Galllia doesn't reload they have to build. They built to what they did in 2012, 2018 and they are building to what they are going to accomplish this year and next. They are getting better but this team still has the same weaknesses and problems as past years. Character in teams and players is what makes good blue devil teams good. This coaching staff has done a outstanding job building depth with what they have. I didn't think it was possible for them to build this much depth this year. But as the season has worn on this team is exactly who they were going to be. I like the direction of this program but people need to be realistic. hope both teams luck in playoffs

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:22 pm
Do you think that Ironton fans care what you think? You Burg fans have the excuse thing down pat. :lol:

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:40 pm
Do you think that Ironton fans care what you think? You Burg fans have the excuse thing down pat. :lol:
Yes! That funny, kinda reminds you of those Ironton excuses at the state finals over the years…you remember, “we got cheated!” :lol:

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:09 am
frankie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:40 pm

Yes! That funny, kinda reminds you of those Ironton excuses at the state finals over the years…you remember, “we got cheated!” :lol:
Funny, I didn't see any posts from Ironton fans saying they were cheated. Post some for me bubbbbbbb.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

I was at some of those games and heard them whining leaving the stadium…. :lol: :lol: :lol: quit acting like you never heard the complaining!

Return to “Football”