2022 OVC Player of the Year front runners

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: 2022 OVC Player of the Year front runners

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

All-OVC Football honors are typically released in early December.

Post by osumufan »

I don't think the OVC gives a POV award sadly! My guess is in the past toom much politics played onto it! But may have changed since I kept up with it!

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

XandOs wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:25 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:30 pm If it's not Chase Hall then that would be some highway robbery. 1700 yards and 30 tds with 2 games left to go. Saying the Ironton backs would have the same #'s what a load of crap can't you just give a compliment without having to add, "yeah he's great but an Ironton player can do that" jeez. Facts are you play the same freakin schedule, on a way better team. Johnson Central a powerhouse rushed 58 times for 317 yards averaging 5.4 against Ironton, Chase Hall went for 154 on 24 carries for 6.4 yards a carry so on a team for less superior than JC, Hall averaged more yards per carry and everyone knows he's the guy getting the ball, JC has several options. Hall would be my 1st pick in a run away, then followed by Duncan and Carpenter
I wasn’t downing the kid at all. I think he’s a great player. He broke a 65 yard run on like 2nd play of game and then from there on rushed 25 times for 98 yards. He had a couple other 15-20 yard runs in 1st Qtr. I do think that’s the first defense he’s played this year though from looking at the scores and the schedule. CG non conference schedule didn’t have the best of teams on Defense. Majority of the OVC teams are giving up lots of points against each other as well. I do think the two backs at Ironton are very talented. Felder and Keyes are getting the ball less than 10 times a game in OVC play but avg. 10+ yds per att. As for stats. I do see how Hall should be the favorite as he’s had a great year and does a lot for his team. I had a guy tell me this weekend the Carter for Ironton has caused 8 fumbles on the season. Defensive POTY would have to go to him or #32 Lincoln Barnes. They are a wrecking crew.
I would like to know between Carter and Barnes, who had the most tackles? Even though Ironton has so many explosive offensive weapons, I would say it’s not even close that Hall deserves it because he is best player in the conference.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

XandOs wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:28 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:18 pm My guess is I don’t think the other ovc coaches will vote for an Ironton player for conference player of the year when it comes to a transfer player. But I wouldn’t go with those guys anyway. The guy I would vote for Ironton is number 32. He’s tough.

But it should be hall. He’s the overall best player in scioto and Lawrence county.

I think Hall is a very good player. But I think both Ironton backs have same #s if they played that schedule and that many Carries. Perkins is averaging 23.3 yards per catch. That’s very strong. Carpenter has thrown for a lot of yards and only thrown 1-2 INT on year. The LB crew is very good. #32 Barnes and #2 Carter. The OL/DL is anchored by one of the best in region in #64 Patterson. He’s as dominate as any player in region for his position.
[/quote

I agree with all of this. I will have to say best DL by far this area has seen in a long time was Nate Cochran and there is no Nate Cochran on this Ironton team for sure. This DL is good though with all the talent they have lost.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

From what I've seen, no doubt it should be Chase Hall from Coal Grove.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

irontonwizard wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:42 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:30 pm If it's not Chase Hall then that would be some highway robbery. 1700 yards and 30 tds with 2 games left to go. Saying the Ironton backs would have the same #'s what a load of crap can't you just give a compliment without having to add, "yeah he's great but an Ironton player can do that" jeez. Facts are you play the same freakin schedule, on a way better team. Johnson Central a powerhouse rushed 58 times for 317 yards averaging 5.4 against Ironton, Chase Hall went for 154 on 24 carries for 6.4 yards a carry so on a team for less superior than JC, Hall averaged more yards per carry and everyone knows he's the guy getting the ball, JC has several options. Hall would be my 1st pick in a run away, then followed by Duncan and Carpenter
I wasn’t downing the kid at all. I think he’s a great player. He broke a 65 yard run on like 2nd play of game and then from there on rushed 25 times for 98 yards. He had a couple other 15-20 yard runs in 1st Qtr. I do think that’s the first defense he’s played this year though from looking at the scores and the schedule. CG non conference schedule didn’t have the best of teams on Defense. Majority of the OVC teams are giving up lots of points against each other as well. I do think the two backs at Ironton are very talented. Felder and Keyes are getting the ball less than 10 times a game in OVC play but avg. 10+ yds per att. As for stats. I do see how Hall should be the favorite as he’s had a great year and does a lot for his team. I had a guy tell me this weekend the Carter for Ironton has caused 8 fumbles on the season. Defensive POTY would have to go to him or #32 Lincoln Barnes. They are a wrecking crew.
I would like to know between Carter and Barnes, who had the most tackles? Even though Ironton has so many explosive offensive weapons, I would say it’s not even close that Hall deserves it because he is best player in the conference.
CG plays no defense. Does Hall play Defense too? or just offense?

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Hall plays Linebacker as well

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

BigSpoon wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:32 am

Hall plays linebacker and has 150 tackles this season

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hall and Carpenter best two.. Carpenter is putting up great numbers as well.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Hall does play defense, but is more known for his offense. Who do you recommend BigSpoon?

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

irontonwizard wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:19 pm

Hall does play defense, but is more known for his offense. Who do you recommend BigSpoon?
I just didn’t know if he played both sides of the ball

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Gallia QB Brody Fellure won’t win it but he was great for the Blue Devils all year

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

Hall from Coal Grove and Carpenter & Perkins from Ironton. would be great choices.

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Hall from grove. Easy choice. Compiled that many yards with that defense? Come on. Ironton is loaded. Too many patsy stats for their team.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Chase Hall and it shouldn't even be a question. Yes there are other standouts, but they are also on a more talented team overall. No other player comes close in regards to the impact they have on their team. Take away Chase and Coal Grove is a completely different team. Even aside from team talent level, pretty sure Chase's stats blow everyone else out of the water.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:10 pm Chase Hall and it shouldn't even be a question. Yes there are other standouts, but they are also on a more talented team overall. No other player comes close in regards to the impact they have on their team. Take away Chase and Coal Grove is a completely different team. Even aside from team talent level, pretty sure Chase's stats blow everyone else out of the water.
His stats according to Gridiron Glory:
2850 yds rushing
46 TDs
150 tackles

Raider2
Riding the Bench

Post by Raider2 »

Chase Hall should win it easily

On Probation :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”