How did Eastern beat Northwest?

SOCobserver
Waterboy

How did Eastern beat Northwest?

Post by SOCobserver »

Looks like the old Northwest showed up last night.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: How did Eastern beat Northwest?

Post by mattash »

Eastern is very underrated. They lead all their games this year except for Valley

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Kind of a head-scratcher, but then again it isn't. Congrats to Eastern none the less. NW needs to regroup quickly.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Thor and how did east beat green

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Eastern has been VERY competitive outside the Valley game that they lost 35-0, otherwise they have been leading.

If they beat Green in week 10, they will share the SOC with ND and NW I believe.

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:11 am Eastern is very underrated. They lead all their games this year except for Valley
Maybe NW is overrated and one dimensional.

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:11 am Eastern is very underrated. They lead all their games this year except for Valley
The only time they lead against ND was 7-6 very early in the game.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Huge let down for NW. A share is better than nothing I guess.

WWE HALL OF FAME
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

SOC I sure burnt me on my picks this past Friday night, ouch!

MeNotWe
Waterboy

Post by MeNotWe »

Eastern beat NW because they have the great equalizer in high school football, a passing game. Not to mention they committed to stuffing 30, and did, which made NW turn to plan B and apparently there wasn’t one. Truthfully I think it wound up very balanced statistically, but anytime they got in a pinch their QB Morton made a big time throw. They probably played the best non conference schedule so they didn’t roll in as fool’s gold (see Green, NW) and showed up as underdogs against teams that have zero pass game and even less pass defense. I think the good thing for NW is they don’t have to worry about getting upset as 28 point favorites anymore because they get Wheelersburg and West instead of ND and Eastern Pike (I’m sure we’re excited for that mohawk faithful!)

I have a question for those who attended. When is the last time you’ve seen a team hit the panic button so hard that they pull a kid out of street clothes and play him in the second half. Before the game I see Lintz in a boot, second half starts and he’s jogging out to play RB. Haven’t seen that move in a long while.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Postgame wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:41 am
It’s a lead though. They were beating McClain and Alex late just couldn’t finish

Michael Scott
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

How did Eastern beat Northwest? I listened to the coaches call in show today on the radio and Mr. Crabtree said his team worked all week "focused" on one Eastern player. Coach went on to say the focus of their work did not play in the game. Perhaps the scouting departmentat NW needs a bigger budget.

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:55 pm
It’s a lead though. They were beating McClain and Alex late just couldn’t finish
You act as if they were in up big and had the game under control, then blew the lead to lose the game. They had a one point lead very early in the first quarter only after ND missed the PAT. From that point on ND lead the game.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Gotcha your right

Michael Scott
Notagoodoleboy
Waterboy

Post by Notagoodoleboy »

Waterboy,
It’s NOT the 1st time NW has pulled this stunt! They did it earlier this year, too. I’d hate to think that I would jeopardize my child’s health and well-being for a sport! But people are eat up w/football out there. There’s nothing to be done either. Kids dad is on the school board and football coach is AD.

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

MeNotWe wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:37 pm Eastern beat NW because they have the great equalizer in high school football, a passing game. Not to mention they committed to stuffing 30, and did, which made NW turn to plan B and apparently there wasn’t one. Truthfully I think it wound up very balanced statistically, but anytime they got in a pinch their QB Morton made a big time throw. They probably played the best non conference schedule so they didn’t roll in as fool’s gold (see Green, NW) and showed up as underdogs against teams that have zero pass game and even less pass defense. I think the good thing for NW is they don’t have to worry about getting upset as 28 point favorites anymore because they get Wheelersburg and West instead of ND and Eastern Pike (I’m sure we’re excited for that mohawk faithful!)

I have a question for those who attended. When is the last time you’ve seen a team hit the panic button so hard that they pull a kid out of street clothes and play him in the second half. Before the game I see Lintz in a boot, second half starts and he’s jogging out to play RB. Haven’t seen that move in a long while.
Perfect. I was at the game and this is the second time NW pulled a kid out of street clothes because they panicked. They put 30 in at halftime during McLain. They actually took another kids pants for him to wear. Nothing says you're not needed like taking your uniform. Are they using that soccer spray on this kids to make them good for the second half of the game.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

MeNotWe wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:37 pm Eastern beat NW because they have the great equalizer in high school football, a passing game. Not to mention they committed to stuffing 30, and did, which made NW turn to plan B and apparently there wasn’t one. Truthfully I think it wound up very balanced statistically, but anytime they got in a pinch their QB Morton made a big time throw. They probably played the best non conference schedule so they didn’t roll in as fool’s gold (see Green, NW) and showed up as underdogs against teams that have zero pass game and even less pass defense. I think the good thing for NW is they don’t have to worry about getting upset as 28 point favorites anymore because they get Wheelersburg and West instead of ND and Eastern Pike (I’m sure we’re excited for that mohawk faithful!)

Here is the stats. Northwest Eastern
Plays 59 60
Total yards. 294 208
Passing. 170 102
Rushing. 124 106
Penalties. 12. 10
Yards. 101 118
This is from Hudl.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

OH wow, guess we now know what NW thought about Eastern going into this one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:55 pm
McClain?? They didn't play McClain, Alex they had to score late and went for 2 so they weren't leading, the score that makes you scratch your head is seeing Southeastern with only 1 win beat the crap out of Eastern. I think they did have a lead against Bern Union, this was really a shocker what a way for NW to finish things off before heading back to SOC2.

Return to “Football”